[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Heavy Rain >Your choices matter; game features multiple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
>Heavy Rain
>Your choices matter; game features multiple endings
>/v/ hates it

>Telltale games like The Walking Dead
>Choices literally don't matter; you're lucky if you can even slightly alter the single ending the game has
>/v/ loves them

Can somebody explain this phenomenon of shit taste?
>>
Heavy Rain had a really bad story with lot of plotholes
Walking Dead had feels
>>
If my main condition for a good game was alternative storylines, I would throw a dice 1000 times in a row.
>>
Heavy Rain is on the PS3/PS4

Telltale games are on PC

Do the math
>>
>>331189451
>If my main condition for a good game was alternative storylines

You don't want a good game cause you're playing Telltale shit in the first place, moron.
>>
>>331189528
Nope, but heavy rain was shit
>>
Maybe because TWD had a cohesive plot with likable characters with a satisfying ending while Heavy Rain was full of characters you couldn't relate to with a plot that made no sense and a fucking retarded as shit conclusion.
>>
>>331189661
>Maybe because TWD had a cohesive plot

Kek

>with a satisfying ending

KEK

Walking Dead fags are the worst people in the world, both in games, TV and comics.
>>
>>331189737

>Kek

Kek

>KEK

Kek
>>
>>331189317
>X will remember this
>Dies 2 seconds later

>See something obvious
>Can't do anything about it until the game let you

>Figure out the ending of the game
>Devs change the ending and retcon de first episode

Fuck those games
>>
>open /v/
>everyone hating on x
>close /v/

>open /v/ an hour later
>everyone circle jerking over x
>close /v/

>open /v/ an hour after that
>this kind of thread about game x
>close /v/
>>
>>331189832
>Figure out the ending of the game
>Devs change the ending and retcon de first episode
I've only played TWD Season One.
What game was this? Wolf Among Us or something?
>>
File: 1456370585907.jpg (381 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1456370585907.jpg
381 KB, 1680x1050
>>331189661
>you need likeable/relatable characters
>>
>>331189992
Yea it's wolf among us, people figured out the ending after first episode so they made the second episode retcon many things with a twist
>>
>>331189737
>both in games, TV and comics.
>both
>games, TV and comics.
i don't know if i should trust a guy about anything who can't count to three
>>
>>331190092
Well shit, I was considering picking it up considering it was on sale. You just saved me 8 dollars.
Cheers buddy.
>>
>>331190153
Had a brainfart as I was just gonna say games and TV shows, because this garbage is so far removed from the comics
>>
>>331190165
It's pretty decent, just pirate it.
>>
I don't recall TWD making me do an asinine pantomiming QTE every time the character made dinner or so much as answered the phone.
>>
>Come to /v/ video games.
>Expect threads about video games.
>Find threads about stories.

Why is 90% of this board obsessed with story and dismissive of actual gameplay?
>>
>>331190362
If you want gameplay go play chess. Story, aesthetics, etc are just as or even more important.
>>
>>331190362
who likes fun anyway?
>>
>>331190362
Because point-and-click adventures gameplay takes a backseat to the story. So they are judged based on their plots.
>>
File: spec ops.jpg (57 KB, 300x367) Image search: [Google]
spec ops.jpg
57 KB, 300x367
>>331190362
/v/ for a long time now has been about elevating mediocrity like pic related or The Walking Dead, caring more about "muh feels" than good gameplay mechanics.
>>
We may have disliked heavy rain, but nobody can argue against "tap X to SHAUN"
>>
>>331189737
Great argument.
>>
>>331190818
JASON
>>
>>331189317
>/v/ hates Heavy Rain

Since when?

The writing is "so bad it's good" tier and the action sequences are great. The only major complaint I see about Heavy Rain is that the first 2 hours are really boring.
>>
>>331190092
What was the original ending? Did people guess that the ribbon kills anyone who takes it off?
>>
>>331191015
Omikron, Fahrenheit, and Heavy Rain I really enjoyed. Gotta approach thme with that David Cave mindset though. Beyond: Two Souls was really disappointing.

I'd like to see him try his hand at a real game like Omikron again. Can you imagine a David Cage game genre blend like Omikron on modern hardware?
>>
>>331192610
6months between episode 1 and 2
>>
>>331192614
I never played Omikron
What makes it great?
>>
But both are trash.
>>
File: Dlanor.A..Knox.full.942857.jpg (247 KB, 954x1266) Image search: [Google]
Dlanor.A..Knox.full.942857.jpg
247 KB, 954x1266
>>331189317
Heavy Rain also has the villain lying to himself because he knows the players can read his thoughts. It must be purged.
>>
>>331189391
What plot holes did Heavy rain have?
>>
>>331192779
you had to be there
>>
>>331192614
>Actually liking Simon Sez vs the anchent mayans and the internet: DBZ edition
>>
>>331193631
Say what you will about the rest of the game but Fahrenheit has the best opening of any game ever made.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.