[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is DayZ still a broken piece of shit that runs 10fps or have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: header.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
Is DayZ still a broken piece of shit that runs 10fps or have they fixed the performance and zombies and all the other stuff?
>>
wait for dx11 version for some serious performance bust
>>
>>331184726
Any info when it's coming out?
>>
Do people still play this game?
>>
>>331184819
never
There hasn't been a significant patch since it released, it's completely dead.
>>
still early access? someone should sue the devs..
>>
File: 1456011813119.jpg (23 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1456011813119.jpg
23 KB, 500x465
>>331184663
>Go to their youtube channel
>watch latest video
>comments and like/dislike bar disabled
>literally no progress made since alpha except for more weapons

They should've just gone with the Arma 3 engine or something else. They shot themselves in the foot when they chose to work with an outdated engine.

I regret spending money on this piece of shit. I mostly laugh now when I see there's an update for DayZ since no one fucking plays it anymore except for true autists.

I don't get why they don't just take the money and run. All early access games are doomed unless they get regular updates with content and fixes.
>>
>>331185232
It's not illegal, you could have an early access game and never finish it
>>
>>331184819
soon, the .60 patch is gonna include new renderer that will dramatically improve fps in towns (it's already done but they are held back by some bullshit new UI bugs)
>>
>>331186302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhTsoM-KZI
>>
>>331185527
oh they didn't shoot themselves in the foot at all. they knew the limitations of the engine but it's what they already knew and was easy for them. Still made them ridiculous money.
>>
>>331186302
>soon, the .60 patch is gonna include new renderer that will dramatically improve fps in towns
Wait what ? They promised it 2 years ago.
>>
>>331186452
this is a new NEW renderer that will finally support direct x 11 (the old new one supported only direct x 9), check out the video here: >>331186371
>>
>>331186550
This is just pathetic. I'm glad I sold my copy to a cheater who wanted a dup.
>>
File: 221100_20160317225231_1.jpg (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
221100_20160317225231_1.jpg
671 KB, 1920x1080
I downloaded it today and see if anything change esp. performance and it's still pretty shit.

also
>dx11
like why? DX12 is already out and wouldn't day z and arma games improve from dx12 since the whole cpu thing?
>>
File: 1457464626923.jpg (10 KB, 157x153) Image search: [Google]
1457464626923.jpg
10 KB, 157x153
>>331186771
I think you might have put the game in the wrong console. It's a PC game, not a N64 game.
>>
>>331186771
Because literally nothing supports DX12 yet and most of the players couldn't even play it
>>
>>331187036
hopefully they add it in the future because the arma engine is garbage. I just really want arma and the total war series to get optimized bros. I just want to dream
>>
>>331186771
If you want far better performance put -newui as a launch parameter in steam. Not great but better 40 FPS than 20. Also put object detail on very low. To explain why I'm going to greentext it because I am lazy

>engine has a bunch of issues like everybody knows
>they're making a new engine and some of the new UI tech is already in the game and it pretty much doubles FPS for some reason
>it's opt-in with the launch parameter right now because it lacks some functionality and is buggy, mainly the server browser is wonky and you can't see your character status so you have to rely on the messages at bottom left of screen
>but you need to leave object detail on lowest setting because that is a renderer issue
>both fixed new UI and new renderer are aimed for next patch

DX12 is a possibility eventually but for now DX11 is what they're aiming for
>>
>>331187245
that's what I'm saying...I shouldn't have to put params to "optimize" a game and make it playable. The performance is better from release and I love the game it's just that the performance is so bad that it effects the gameplay. It's bad but not Ark bad thank fucking god.
>>
File: Niggabytes.jpg (37 KB, 460x357) Image search: [Google]
Niggabytes.jpg
37 KB, 460x357
>>331184663
I have 4790k + 980ti g1 and i drop to fucking 30 fps in towns
its always gonna be shit
>>
>>331187338
It's just for now. Next patch the new UI will be forced for everyone because it'll be fixed.
>>
File: 8083837.jpg (59 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
8083837.jpg
59 KB, 300x240
>DayZ
>Getting finished
>Ever

Early Access, especially Survival games, may actually be the biggest cancer currently flowing through the industry. Say what you will about people playing LoL/DOTA and Call of Duty, but atleast they're enjoying finished games.

Early Access-Survival games are basically fucking Snake Oil, not even AC fans would put up with shit like Unity. I know people are free to spend their money however they like but for fuck's sake people you're being conned.

You deserve better.
>>
File: 891.jpg (103 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
891.jpg
103 KB, 640x640
>>331184663
>mfw DayZ fried my old AMD CPU back in 2012
I enjoyed it in the first few months it was popular though, after losing the CPU I never played the game mod again
I also never played the standalone game.
>>
Lol I remember how everybody lose their minds about dayz and now its totally dead :D
>>
>>331184663
Games aren't "fixed" until they're finished. If you want to play games without issues, don't play unfinished games.
>>
tfw a friend got me this game when it released at full price because I was the only nigga who played the mod with him

>tfw never played more than a few hours because of how terrible it was
>>
>>331188540
same, except i bought it for myself, and i'm still a bit salty.
>>
>>331188380
Why are you blaming the game instead of your piece of shit processor. Thats what you get for buying AMD
>>
>>331188540
But it never released at full price. In fact the price is still going up.
>>
Still trash, and probably will be until early 2017.

>games been out for nearly 3 years
>still no single player or workshop
>zombies are still buggy
>performance is still shit
>Steam mods go full damage control at the slightest criticism
>literally everyone just kills on sight
>hackers everywhere
>spawns for certain things are almost non-existent

If you didn't like it then, you're probably not going to like it now.
>>
File: tinfoil_rick.png (350 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
tinfoil_rick.png
350 KB, 600x300
Can someone explain how this god awful game has patches so far apart? I'm not expecting massive patches every month or two but holy crap for a game that is based off a successful mod in it's own right, this game fuckin blows. It's like when they moved on from the mod they lost all empathy as humans and became bloody snake charmers, what happened to the passion man? What happened to the passion....
>>
>>331186445

Before they released the alpha they must've realized that all the issues of the mod were still there and they couldn't fix them with the engine they're using. They released it any way to grab some cash.

I just feel really bad for the people they left to "fix" the game. I bet they all know it will never see a full release and these poor dudes have to take all the blame.
>>
ITT: People trying to rationalize why this game is so shit after so many years
The answer is simple, early access
>>
>>331190794

what people are wondering is why after all these years the game is still on alpha.

the answer is simple it was a cash grab
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.