[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will we get another advance wars game? this was the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 387287-advancewars_004.jpg (123 KB, 533x322) Image search: [Google]
387287-advancewars_004.jpg
123 KB, 533x322
When will we get another advance wars game?

this was the best handheld title ever.
>>
>>331178289
Which one do you think was the best Advance Wars game? I only had the first one, and I'm thinking about buying one of the DS one now that I have some spare money,
>>
>>331178289
Never ever because Days of Ruin sold ZERO copies in Japan because someone forgot too release it there until five and a half years later as a Club Nintendo prize.
>>
>>331178403
Advance Wars 2 was my favorite, but they were all really solid. Dual Strike for the DS was great and I'd recommend that if you're getting it for the DS
>>
>>331178519

I also pick AW2.

Dual Strike is good but there is almost too much shit packed into it and balance is fucking broken.
>>
After I get FFTA3 ;)
>>
AW3DS when
>>
>>331178289
Isn't there some sort of hamachi style way of playing advance wars online on PC?
>>
I really want to see a new game. Both Dual Strike and Days of Ruin left a lot of story room for sequels.
It's also a shame to see Days of Ruin's mechanics not get refined and expanded upon.
>>
I've played FE but have never touched a AW game. How different are they? They're both SRPGs right?
>>
>>331180663

There is no RPG bullshit, it's pure strategy and tactics. No named hero units, huge unit variety, have to capture properties to generate funds to build more units etc.

Really good TBS.
>>
>>331180663
They play similar. FE focuses more on each individual troop while in AW troops are disposable.

Each unit has a health bar of 10. Every time you deal damage to a unit, it loses troops resulting in it doing less damage.

The 'weapon triangle' is a bit more intricate since every unit pretty much counts as a weapon.

Units also don't level up, unless you're playing Days of Ruin but even those aren't permanent, so it's more focused on strategy rather than having a couple of FE units clearing entire maps.

COs get powers they can just after accumulating enough star power that can be used for 1 full turn.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>331181016
>No named hero units
Ahem.
>>
>>331181209
Days of Ruin was a mistake.
>>
>>331178289
Never ever.
Intelligent Systems is too busy with Waifu Emblem.
>>
>>331181321
pretty much this
>>
What I love about this game series the most, (barring Days of Ruin) is its tone.
It's not trying to make a statement, it's not taking itself too seriously. It's pretty fun and happy go lucky and brightly presented.

I can get behind that. It doesn't feel weird to me to see Max run up to Andy and be like "Hey Andy! Let's go blow some Black Hole shit up!" and the black hole fuckers are like "bring it on bitch! We got some new shit that's gonna get ya!"

I miss that so much.
>>
File: Advance-Wars_21-523x800.jpg (73 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
Advance-Wars_21-523x800.jpg
73 KB, 523x800
>>331182160
>>
>>331181321
>>331181731
The CO unit was a great feature. It just needs a few tweaks.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.