[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ deal with absolute frustration?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
How does /v/ deal with absolute frustration?
>>
switching to another game and/or aggressive masturbation
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
>>331165831
What this anon said.
Or passive meditation
>>
>bang head against problem for about an hour
>at that point, look up walkthrough if I'm pissed off and full of stubborn rage
>if the only way to beat the section is to git gud, I just keep trying until I'm mentally tired, and then I wait to tackle it the next day

Many times have I tried several times in a row to beat a section, then beaten it on my first try the next time I turned on the game. Soft-resetting your brain by sleeping helps.
>>
>>331166021

Does soft resetting your brain fix terrible motion controls?
>>
>>331166176
It might? I remember that part in SS as well, shit sucked. Just try to unlearn the motion mechanics, and re-learn by paying attention to exactly which movements act as successful triggers, and be hyper-focused on your timing.
>>
File: latest[1].png (11 KB, 102x136) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
11 KB, 102x136
>>331165687
That is not hard in the slightest. Even the parts where they intentionally throw you off aren't enough to cause a fail state.
>>
>>331166176
>>331165687
>terrible motion controls
>ss
Have you tried holding the control the proper way and having the slightest sense for rhythm? Pro tip: it isn't the game's fault you keep fucking up John.
>>
>>331165687
I just stumbled my way through that to get the final reward. To this day I'm not sure how the game wanted you to do it.
>>
>>331166504
You just strum when they move their hands. It doesn't even have to be on the right side, as long as you strum at the right time.
>>
>>331165687
passive masturtation
>>
>>331166392

I fellow the rhythm the controls keep resetting go fuck yourself
>>
>>331165687
I only had trouble with this when I was really fucking high. Are you really fucking high, OP?

It only took three tries anyway.
>>
suicide
>>
>>331167109
You're not supposed to swing the remote fast, you know. Just gently sway it from side to side.
>>
>>331165687
You know I was just playing Twilight Princess HD and thinking about how fucking boring it is and how much I'd rather just replay Skyward Sword. I think I'll do that after Splatfest tomorrow night.
>>
>>331167720

See I would believe you but the time I tried with fast movements got me further
>>
>>331167897
The game is looking for slow movements. Swinging your remote too quickly just ruins the calibration.
>>
>>331168338

You don't understand Links hands don't fellow mine it doesn't matter how I quickly I move my arm it doesn't fellow it properly.

Slow or fast Links keeps resetting to the middle and its only with the harp that I have these problems not with any other items or sword controls.
>>
>>331167109
>it's not me guys, the controller is doing shit by itself!
Okay anon, just ignore all the people in this thread telling you how to do it. Did I get it my first time? No. Did I fail so many times I cried about it on /v/ and blamed the game? Obviously not.
>>
>>331168603
>Slow or fast Links keeps resetting to the middle and its only with the harp that I have these problems not with any other items or sword controls.
How are you holding the controller anon? If this is the only time it's this bad and no one knows the struggle you're having from personal experience, don't you think there's a possibility it's your fault?
>>
>>331169083

Fuck you I know when I'm not fucking up and when the game is.

Nothing anybody has said in this thread is any news to me.
>>
>>331169348
>no one else has this issue
>even you don't have this issue with other parts of the game
>somehow it's the game's fault
>>
>>331169348
>I know when I'm not fucking up and when the game is.
Consider that it works just fine for most people and this is a console game with the same controller that everyone else has. Obviously you're doing something wrong, you just have to keep trying different things to figure out what it is.
>>
>>331165687
Oh lord I remember this part. Literally had no idea what the game was expecting of me with those shitty motion controls. I still somehow managed to complete it tho.
>>
>>331165687
Did people actually have trouble with this? I think I might have failed my first or second attempt but it was pretty straightforward.
>>
>2016
>5 years post-release
>people are STILL making excuses for skyward sword's hit-or-miss motion controls
>>
>>331165687
The harp performance was the ONLY part of Skyward Sword i had trouble with. I did not get it and barely finished it.
>>
I load up CSGO and shit talk the bottom fragger then I vote kick him at the last round
>>
Somebody on /v/ said the trick to this is just to strum as fast as you can. There's no rhythm to it.

Just waggle and enjoy the show.

=^)
>>
>>331170212
>anon says game works fine except mini game
>anons that agree game works fine didn't have issue with mini game
>implying that's making excuses
Keep living in your dream world anon, I hear reality is harsh.
>>
>>331170064

Its hard not to fail it when you move left then right but instead of moving right Link just resets to the center.
>>
File: 20160317225049_1.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160317225049_1.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1080
>getting mad at video games
After a while you learn to lie back and accept it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.