[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo could learn a lesson from Capcom.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Tfc2vGD.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tfc2vGD.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
Nintendo could learn a lesson from Capcom.
>>
>>331151819
Capcom knows.
Too bad they hate money.
>>
>>331151819
explain
>>
The team who localized MH4U is 8-4, just as a heads up.
>>
>>331151819
False Advertisement?
Failure to communicate properly between branches?
Hiring canadians to work for them?
Embezzlement?
Burning bridges faster than they can build them?
>>
>>331152323
8-4 just provided assistance. Multiple groups helped localize MH4U.
>>
Both refuse to use all their good IPs.
>>
>>331152990
Don't you know anon, putting in memes with permission is literally 1000x worse than any of that
>>
>>331152290
lots of localized games involve lots of memetry in the dialogue.

like the latest pokemon shti has memes everywhere or any game really
>>
>>331151819
While the translation might be spot on, the writting on MH is still well, cringe worthy.

Still, it is a spot on localization (except for some names here and there and Felyne will always be better than palico)
>>
>>331151819
Capcom would be ok if it wasnt for that DmC thing
>>
>>331153253
Other than 4chan outbursts this is entirely false. But Im glad that meme is still alive and well here.
Proud of Capcom. Back to XCX.
>>
File: 1457952857500.jpg (910 KB, 1228x1193) Image search: [Google]
1457952857500.jpg
910 KB, 1228x1193
Some localized monster names are probably worse than the Jap ones, otherwise MH's localizations are pretty alright
>>
ok cool
>>
>>331154937
>NOA, NISA, CH/IF.
...can't really think of many JRPGs these days outside of those up there?
What has Atlus being doing these days?
>>
>>331153380
Felynes are the race, palico is what a felyne who accompanies a hunter is called.
>>
>>331155898
They were still called felynes in FU.
>>
>>331153231
Almost but not as bad as removing content.

But I'll leave that shit to NOA.
>>
Don't act like Japan doesn't have memes in their version.

The concept of memes are universal, you just don't know the Japanese are using memes becuase you don't understand Japanese nor know about Japanese memes.
>>
>>331156228
I'd say NoA putting the DLC Japan had to pay over $20 for in XCX for free made up for anything removed.

The game was a fucking 8000yen game too, which is a few dollars short of $80.
>>
>>331156318
I know a couple of 2ch reference in certain games, but what do they do outside of shitty as fuck puns and jokes?
>>
File: fluffy.webm (3 MB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
fluffy.webm
3 MB, 640x339
Why do you need two threads of the same topic?
>>
>>331151819
Yeah but then you have a team of fully capable translators and so naming Dinovaldo/Glavenus, this shit is way more fucked up in the long run, you just disgraced a monster for all his eternity
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.