[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are people who actually think that this is the worst
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 71BzAF+4lNL._SY679_.jpg (73 KB, 453x679) Image search: [Google]
71BzAF+4lNL._SY679_.jpg
73 KB, 453x679
>there are people who actually think that this is the worst 3D Zelda
>>
Twilight Princess is the worst video game ever made.
>>
>>331150112
What would you consider the worst?
>>
>muh groose
Fuck off it was shit.
>>
>>331150236
Twilight Princess is objectively inferior to Skyward Sword in every way.
>>
Fedoras mask is the worst.
>>
Ya it's shit

Only good part is the desert
>>
>>331150236
>>331150336
WW is the worst due to all the tedious shit it makes you do.
>>
>>331150112
The dank shitposters will always be there, and the dank memers that think the shitposting is /v/'s actual opinion, and and the people that think /v/ has a unified opinion.

SS is probably the 2nd or 3rd best 3D Zelda. WW was shit for it's lack of dungeons, the dungeons it did have sucks, and the parry button.

>>331150336
You can't use the word 'objectively' like that and not include your criteria anon.
>>
>>331150550
Nothing in WW compared to SS in terms of tedious bullshit
>>
>>331152126
This post is so bad I just have to ask what kind of reasoning you have.
>>
>>331150336
>start twilight princess five times
>remember why I didn't finish it at the first orb section each tkme
>>
>newfags in this thread don't remember Windu Waika
>>
Ocarina of Time is the worst 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>331152459
>the awful controls you had to reset every 20 minutes
>collecting random dogshit to level up all your gear
>having to fight the same bosses 2 or 3 extra times
> that random ass stealth section in the mountains like 3/4ths into the game
>dowsing
>arbitrary fetch quests like when you had to get the fruit for the thunder dragon fuck
>FUCKING TADTONES
There's probably more I could list but I've just tried desperately to phase out everything about that game
>>
>>331150112
>Terrible gameplay, controls, core mechanics, graphics, level design, pacing, characters and handholding
>Best anything
>>
>>331150112
I wouldn't say its the worst but it has its fair share of flaws.
>Bland story
>Recycled environments
>Quirky Motion controls(would have been better if you could use a gamecube control.)
>Long wait after every collectible item you pick up

Its a beautiful looking game, but the trials and all the other things ruined it for me.
>>
>>331154774
Forgot the stamina gauge that shit was annoying
>>
>>331155219
This. Who thought the stamina bar would be a good idea? It causes unnecessary difficulty.
>>
I loved the motion controls,story, and dungeons but it could have easily ended 1 collectathon earlier. It had a much clunkier way of sending you out on fetch quests than other zelda games, and it got too predictable.

It's the worst 3D zelda but it's still excellent. The idea of making the overworld an extension of the dungeons is the best new idea of the 3D era, and it's something that I hope Zelda WiiU continues. Zelda overworlds have never been impressive, but SS was a start.
>>
>>331154774
You know I could go through item by item, but it's pretty clear you've decided SS is the devil and there's no real point in talking about it.
>>
>>331155219
>>331155438
It was infinitely better than constantly rolling. How did it add any difficulty to the game?
>>
>>331156000
I wouldn't go that far. It's as polished as any Nintendo game but still extremely tedious and frustrating more than any Zelda previous
>>
>>331156252
Are you open to a different view point on it? Not to say you'll change your mind, but you'd hear a different perspective on SS out?
>>
>>331156573
Sure, there were things I did like about the game.
>>
The only things the game does well are the time shift puzzles (the whole desert area was pretty nice, really), some of the dungeon aesthetics, and some of the sword duels. The rest is either painfully average or downright mishandled.

The positive aspects of other Zelda games are usually constant things that you can appreciate throughout the whole experience, like the atmosphere, sense of adventure, well made puzzles, etc. Even in those game's weaker moments you can still take that kind of stuff in and come away with something you like. SS's strong points are just too fleeting for it to feel like a wholly enjoyable game.
>>
>>331150112
But OP

it was unplayable garbage
>>
File: 1353025689702.png (49 KB, 214x188) Image search: [Google]
1353025689702.png
49 KB, 214x188
>>331150112
SS did right:
>introduced item upgrading
>introducing some customization with the medals/slots
>silent realms
>motherfucking timeshift stones, and by extension the sand sea
>Groose
>introduced stamina system
>Hero Mode removes heart drops

SS did bad:
>new items
>said item upgrading is shit
>the cringeworthy story, specially those attempts at cuteness
>wonderful orchestrated music that you forget in about 20 seconds
>oh god the padding, everywhere
>collect these 5 feathers to proceed
>every 5 steps there's another extremely easy/simple puzzle to proceed
>any puzzle that would be any fun to figure out is ruined by Fi
>Fi won't shut the fuck up
>seriously who wrote Fi? did they even play the fucking game? she explains stuff that has LITERALLY just been explained to the player not 10 seconds ago
>master, your batteries are running low!
>stamina system is annoying outside of stamina-based puzzles/challenges
>easy to abuse enemy patterns/AI, unless they're electrified
>fucking terrible moblin design
>that fucking forced stealth section in the volcano
>those fucking tadpoles
>revisiting the same areas as before is a chore
>they made it bad, and made you do it three times, low scener variety
>3x imprisioned fight
>running+slashing is terrible, making the imprisioned fights even worse
>boring overworld made even worse by load screens for almost every relevant island, plus instead of getting treasures you have to activate them on the ground first
>Skyloft aka Loadscreenloft
>sword attacks are actually just 8 way movement + thrust, something that could have been done in any modern second analog stick
>motion+ aiming for bow, beetle, flying and swimming, which needs to be recentered and recalibrated and even then isn't 100%, despite the Wii (and the first games released for the fucking console) having perfect IR aiming with the sensor bar

Skyward Sword is a huge chore with small decent segments every now and then.
SS apologists, eat shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 113x151) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 113x151
>>331156897
>well made puzzles
>>
>>331157027
You got some valid points, but
>wonderful orchestrated music that you forget in about 20 seconds
is just plain wrong. The music is not any more forgettable than the rest of the franchise's.
>>
>>331157027
if Nintendo released it again without all the stupid waggle controls, I would consider playing it
>>
>>331157027
It's such a shame how much potential the game's mechanics had that they just tossed out the window. Imagine how cool it could have been to have wildly different ways to upgrade your tools, and have each of them be useful in different ways. Instead everything is already as good as you need it to better as soon as you get it and upgrades just add incremental improvements. The only upgrade I truly appreciated was speeding up the beetle since it was too fucking slow originally.

And stamina could have really added to the combat but instead it was just a timer on running and climbing and that was basically it.
>>
I think the stamina gauge of SS was good for the general running around and vaulting walls. The climbing and rope swinging shit was stupid, though.
>>
>>331157796
>complaining about waggle controls
Have you fuckers actually tried it or do you just refuse to play it on principle?
>>
>>331156882
>>331154774
The controls are one of the best things about SS. I used my sensor bar and an integrated motion plus wiimote so maybe that's why I had such an easy time with them. They weren't perfect, but I'd hardly call them awful.

The upgrade system was never required and that enemy shit was plentiful. Only thing I ever had to focus on getting was the tumbleweeds because I didn't realize how you were supposed to catch them until after I left the desert the first time. It was also tied into the neat shield system that I really liked.

You fight Ghirahim and The Imprisoned 3 times. The Ghirahim fights make sense because he's the one that is supposed to test your sword ability, the focus of the whole game. The fights add mechanics every time, so it's more than a simple repeat. The Imprisoned 3rd fight is more of a cutscene you play out than an actual fight, but it shows you how you were supposed to be fighting the Imprisoned all along. If you don't attack the toes and just jump on its head then the fights are under a minute each.

The Ghirahim and Imprisoned fights are actually one of the best things about SS's combat. The Imprisoned fight had this other, much faster and easier way to beat it if you just completely ignored the obvious 'video game' thing you were supposed to do. Fighting those little bokoblins with the swords is annoying and you just have to wait for an opening. Or you can use what you learned in the first Ghirahim fight about tricking your enemy to guard a certain side so you can attack the other. Instead of Fi just telling you how to kill enemies, nearly all of them have an obvious tactic and another way to kill them (more than just the new item you got in the area).

There's nothing random about a stealth section in a 3D zelda at this point. I dunno, I liked that it made you rely on your items more for a small section in such a sword focused game.
>>
Wind Waker is the worst 3D Zelda.
>>
>>331156218
My problem with it was that you almost always want to do things faster espically when your just walking around getting from one place to another you usually want to do it as quickly as possible. The reason people rolled everywhere was because it was slightly faster than the normal walk. I thought the addition of a run option was great but putting an arbitrary limit on it only made it more annoying in the sense that now you just run up to the point before you run out of stamina, trot for a bit, and then continue running once it's full.
That doesn't make it more interesting it's just micromanagey
>>
Oh look it's this thread again.

Time for all you faggots to ignore that it relies on a shoddy control system (Wii motion plus) that only works 98% of the time.
>>
>>331158792
(You)
>>
>>331158925
The motion controls worked well and were the least of the game's problems, there's much much worse in Skyward Sword.
>>
>>331158387
I played it, it works, but it'd be more convenient on a second analog stick. The big issue, however, is that the sword controls being waggle adds nothing to the game.
>>
>>331159290
>worked well

I'm going to bring up the argument i always see, because it makes sense.

The wii motion plus only works 98% of the time, meaning 2% of the time it doesn't work. Would you accept that on anything? PC? Suddenly your W key stops working every now and again in a game.

When a game like skyward sword leans on its motion system so much throughout the game it's ultimately flawed, but you're right, its not it's only flaw.
>>
>>331154774
>>331156882
>>331158596
Dowsing is much more interesting than a flashing waypoint on my map and I prefer it to a stone of agony situation. And later in the game if you're behind on enemy loot or you still have missing goddess chests it can help with that too. Plus it contributed to the beacon system which I thought was a better way of doing waypoints.

Arbitrary is largely subjective. I thought a time based puzzle to get the song from the dragon in the area with time stones made sense. Like how the water dragon needs water. Fetch quests are just a game mechanic, as long as they're specific to one item and the main quest doesn't get help up by loot drop rates I don't really see the problem with them.

Tadtones where a 10 minute chunk of the game. It wasn't hard, it wasn't tedious. You can even dowse the last few. Swimming through the forest was cool, there's nothing really like that happening in other zelda games. Closet you get is walking around in an empty lake before you refill it. SS does a good job of making return visits different from the initial ones.

I even thought the Sky was better than either of the two Hyrule Fields, Termina Field, or the Great Sea. It was fast to transverse, had all my shops and side quests centrally located, and it didn't involve any shitty chart mechanics or hunts.

I already said it elsewhere but the stamina gauge is better than rolling or jumping everywhere.

Oh yeah and I liked the puzzle elements in the overworld pre-dungeon and thought all the dungeons were very good zelda dungeons more or less.
>>
>>331159409
I played through the entire game and I didn't waggle once. I always made deliverate strikes while keeping the shield at hand, and I had a great time.

Sounds to me like you're ruining your own experience by waggling rather than it being the fault of the game.
>>
>>331158792
Came to post this.

Skyward Sword would have been one of the best if it weren't for the forced waggle controls.
>>
>>331150112
>there are underage faggots who don't think its the worst and probably started playing the series on Wii and 3DS for the first time

daily reminder that Skyward Sword is almost five years old already
>>
>>331158830
>running until stamina is near empty
>micromanaging
I mean I guess this is technically true but was it really too much for you to handle? There's usually stamina fruit along where you'd be running for long stretches anyway. Did you actually wait until it all refilled or did you just use the last 1/4 which drains half as fast?

It's so much better on the ears and it just looks less stupid as well.
>>
>>331150112
I say it's the worst in general.
>>
File: 1335756757029.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1335756757029.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3000
>>331160141
after 2 hours I was just flicking my wrist, just enough to get the correct movement out

I wish I wasn't cynical like I am, I wish I could still enjoy this shit, but I can't anymore, this is novelty that even my 17 year old self with the Wii was already tired of
>>
>>331160163
>ss
>waggle
Dank meme brother.
Motion plus is still better than trying to use the sword with what, the right stick?
I'll take motion plus over that shit.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.