[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you were in charge of Sonic Team back in the 90s and were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Sonic_Jam_world.png (167 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Jam_world.png
167 KB, 320x224
If you were in charge of Sonic Team back in the 90s and were given the task of making a Sonic game for the Saturn, would you have made:
>A 2D game with some 3D/Mode 7 effects
or
>A fully 3D game similar to pic related
>>
>>331140758
I choose nights
>>
>>331140758
2D with 3D elements so we could transition into full 3D slowly and not fuck it up.
>>
I would kill the series before it's too late
>>
Something like the pic probably. Making a sidescroller in that age usually pushed people away from it because it wasn't "next gen" enough.
>>
>>331140758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVKFRxgwSWE
>>
>>331141839
>Over an hour long
This better be worth it.
>>
>>331142087
it is, this guy is autism in based form
>>
Probably made it like Mario 3D Land and 3D World. A 3D game playing like the 2D ones in an arcade manner.

Also fuck the unnecessarily over done story. Nigga is a character made to be a 90s mascot. Doesn't need to be in Paradise Lost or something.
>>
>>331140758
I would have made more games like Sonic R.
>>
>>331140758
It wasn't an easy period to be in, everyone including big publishers were demanding impressive 3D game worlds, even if you could conceivably make the most impressively large and robust 2D games the technology allowed.

Shit, as I recall the likes of Symphony of the Night, Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4 may not have been if Konami and Capcom didn't threaten to not release their other big players if they couldn't make these happen.
>>
File: 1432297984531.jpg (51 KB, 460x596) Image search: [Google]
1432297984531.jpg
51 KB, 460x596
>>331140758

>Could have made a Sonic game to combat Donkey Kong Country with it's graphics.

>Made it on Gamegear instead causing it to play and run like shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BldSK2IllU
>>
>>331144062
To be fair, they sort of did that with Sonic 3D Blast, but yeah putting something like that on the Game Gear instead of the Saturn or even the Genesis for that matter didn't make much sense.
>>
2D with 3D is always awful. I'd go full 2d or 3d.
>>
>>331140758
I would cancel it and develop another Phantasy Star game.
>>
I doubt the saturn could handle levels big enough for sonic to actually go through while being fast.

2d with 3d special stages sound the best
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.