[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You were supposed to do the Shadow Temple first and then Sprit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
You were supposed to do the Shadow Temple first and then Sprit Temple.

The Shadow Temple theme comes before the Spirit Temple theme.
>>
Okay? Most people did the Shadow Temple first.
>>
That's the order I always went in. Is this really a shocking revelation?
>>
well i was to scared to do the shadow temple, so i did the spirit first. i remember it took me so long to pull together the courage to do that shit as a kid
>>
>>331140393
I always did Shadow Temple first.
>>
>Spirit Temple has gaps the Hover Boots are good for
>Shadow Temple has no place for the Mirror Shield
Gee what a fucking shocker.
>>
File: dead hand.jpg (242 KB, 782x1126) Image search: [Google]
dead hand.jpg
242 KB, 782x1126
The Bottom of the Well and The Shadow Temple scared the heck out of me for years. They're crazy scary for kids on the more sheltered side. Most of the time, I would just restart the game after beating The Water Temple. I didn't even know you could do The Spirit Temple before The Shadow Temple until after I got over my fear of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8H5DFyv4s4
>>
Just replayed the game over the last two days. I did:

Forest Temple -> Fire Temple -> Ice Cavern -> Beneath the Well -> Water Temple -> Shadow Temple -> Spirit Temple

Not that anyone cares or needs to know. But its sad how you can't even do this level of modest sequence breaking in any Zelda since Twilight.
>>
>>331142887
It's not like you can't do Ice Cavern or Beneath the Well as soon as you clear the forest temple.
They just serve as pre-requisites for the Water Temple and Shadow Temple anyway.

Heck, you can just do Beneath the Well before you turn adult for the first time even in the 3DS version.
>>
>>331141463
Ooooh, I finally understand what that painting all over the well and shadow temple is.

It's meant to be dead hand
>>
>>331142887
the best order is
ice cavern-> biggorons sword -> fire temple -> forest temple -> water temple -> spirit temple ->shadow temple

the well is for chumps.
>>
>>331143278

>Heck, you can just do Beneath the Well before you turn adult for the first time even in the 3DS version.
Pretty sure you can't without some kind of exploit since you need to become an adult to learn Song of Storms. Then go back into the past to drain the well.

I've tried.
>>
I want the 3DS games.
>>
>>331144132
I mean obviously all the major sequence breaks in OoT involve exploits, so yes.

In the 3DS version, you bring a cucco near the wall on the route towards the graveyard, turn your back to a certain corner and swing your sword a few times and sheath it and you should clip into the wall.
From there you can tip-toe along the boundaries, pick up the cucco through the wall, then jump back and fly towards the well entrance.

You can do his with adult Link as well, but this doesn't accomplish anything because the entrance of the well has a crawlspace for child Link.
>>
>>331142887
>doesn't involve any glitches
>path fully possible as intended by game devs
>still calls it a sequence break
ew

And non-linearity for non-linearity's sake is dumb.
>>
>>331147104
A sequence break does not mean GLITCH THE FUCK OUT of the game. It means doing something out of the intended sequence put forth by the devs.
>>
>>331147420
>It means doing something out of the intended sequence put forth by the devs.
Did OoT's devs block the path outlined in the post? No, they didn't.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>331147750
Still a sequence break.
>>
>>331147420

there's no intended path
>>
>>331148489
>This is is what glitchrunners ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>331148489
Yes there is. The intended path is the sequence that gives the term "sequence break" any meaning.
>>
Lame type of thing to debate about. But speaking of the Spirit Temple does anyone else think its just completely fucking amazing? It has it all. The atmosphere is just 10/10, I loved doing it last because it has that "edge of the world" feeling all the way out into the desert, and it feels climactic because it's ganon's homeland. It really feels like you're going to a place that reaches back thousands of years. It captures that mystical, spiritual aspect of ancient egypt really well.
>>
>>331148360
>x defines a sequence break
>but it doesn't have x
>IT'S STILL A SEQUENCE BREAK
No, it isn't anon. You defined a sequence break and the path in that post doesn't meet your criteria, so it isn't a sequence break.
>>
>>331140393
The spirit temple was very trist and bad looking with those textures.
Just so sandnigger-like, very unappealing.

The shadow temple on the other hand was fun as heck especially with the invisible walls everywhere and the winged boots.

Also did the shadow temple first. Gerudo Valley still seemed neat but once I was in the spirit temple, I felt like going outside again.
>>
>>331140393
My first play through of oot i skipped the shadow temple after i got the boots and went straight to the spirit temple.
>>
>>331149342
Glitch runs have sequence breaks, sequence breaking does not always have to involve glitches.

A person can literally beat Dungeon 3 before Dungeon 1 or 2 in the first Zelda game. It's clear the INTENDED SEQUENCE is 1 - 2 - 3. But without glitches, a player has just beaten 3 first.

Are you saying that isn't a sequence break?
>>
>>331149231
It's always been my favourite in OoT.
>>
>>331148489

>there is no intended path
Except Shiek and Rarau telling you the order of the temples/sages over and over again.
>>
You can play the game in literally any order you want.

I was able to get into Gerudo Fortress and fight the guards as Child Link before even beating Gohma.
>>
>>331149772
Not to mention navi butting in to tell you where you are supposed to go next.
Real question is,why were the songs switched in the collection screen?
>>
>>331149231

I like the idea of the Spirit Temple. But in reality, it is the most linear of all the dungeons. Its literally two main rooms with only one way to proceed.

Now, the content in the Spirit Temple, including the best item in the game (Mirror Shield), makes it really nice. But in terms of exploration, its actually the least interesting. And as for atmosphere, I prefer all the other temples as well. Especially Forest and Shadow.

All that said, Spirit Temple is still better than any dungeon in Wind Waker, TP or the DS games.
>>
File: fasd.jpg (72 KB, 485x449) Image search: [Google]
fasd.jpg
72 KB, 485x449
>>331147750
>>331149342
what the fuck? how do you get into The Well without abusing glitches? I'm pretty sure you can't get that low underwater or drain the well before becoming an adult
>>
>>331149921

No idea. I often wondered about that myself. I also wonder if there was meant to be another dungeon as you have to go through a section for the 'Light Barrier' in Ganons castle. But there's no Light Temple.
>>
>>331141463
Shit that looks like one of the game over screens in Shadow of the Colossus
>>
>>331149859

how faggot
>>
>>331150047
Unicorn fountain
>>
File: zelda she got the booty.jpg (369 KB, 1584x1200) Image search: [Google]
zelda she got the booty.jpg
369 KB, 1584x1200
>>331149859
>>
>>331149921

Here's why: initially the Shadow temple was going to be only a half temple: its counterpart was going to be the Light temple. This is why the Shadow temple seems so much shorter than the other 4 dungeons.
>>
>>331142887
I like doing Fire temple before Forest. The Megaton hammer is really nice to have going into Forest Temple

>>331143278
Ice Caverns can be done as soon as you turn into adult link, although there's not too much point to doing it before getting the Hookshot and Epona (other than getting 5 or so heart pieces)
>>
>>331149772
>>331149921
I've always thought that was intended to be a guide for new or young players rather than the definitive order. Although its worth noting earlier builds of the game were even less linear than the release. The devs added a few restrictions before the game was released though
>>
>>331149952
>Spirit Temple is still better than any dungeon in Wind Waker, TP or the DS games.

Wind Waker has the Earth and Wind Temple.

Twilight Princess has Forest Temple, Goron Mines, Lakebed Temple, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, City in the Sky, Temple of Time.

Phantom Hourglass has Mutoh's Temple

Spirit Tracks has the Ocean, Sand and Fire Temple
>>
>>331142887
I did Biggoron Sword-> Forest Temple-> Ice Cavern-> Well-> Water Temple-> Spirit Temple Kid portion -> Fire Temple ->Shadow Temple -> Spirit Temple on my recent playthrough and it's completely legit that way.

Most people don't even know how much freedom you have in that game.

MM actually already forces you to do the major areas in order without any exploits. It's just that there is so much other shit to do and explore that it doesn't fell very linear.

>>331149952
You should replay TP with an objective mindset, while the rest is pretty mediocre the set of dungeons there may aswell be the best in the series.
>>
>>331150273
>Fire temple before Forest
I'm about 99% sure you need the bow to do the fire temple though.
>>
>>331150559
>Wind Waker has the Earth and Wind Temple.

So you agree with him, then?
>>
>>331150607
Nope. Only need the bow for the Compass in Fire Temple

hell you can do Water without the bow, although it requires some fancy acrobatics and Din's Fire and Farore's Wind (or just saving and reloading)
>>
>>331150136
1. Start new game
2. Get Kokiri sword. Shield is optional
3. Use triple slash clip in Kokiri Forest to get past the the Kokiri guard
4. Meet Zelda, get letter, go up Death Mountain
5. Get Goron Bracelet, get Bombs from Dodongo's Cavern, then leave
6. Go to Gerudo Desert, megaflip with the bombs onto the gate. Sneak past the guards on the other side of the bridge.
>>
>>331150746
In terms in linearity, no. The Spirit Temple is the most iconic and well-designed though.
>>
>>331140393

This is what everyone does.

This isn't a shocking revelation.
>>
>>331151248
And how to you propose to get the goron bracelet without saria's song?
>>
>this thread makes me want to play Ocarina of Time again
>Remember my gamecube controller is missing since i let my friend borrow it for smash
FUCK YOU NICK GIVE ME BACK MY CONTROLLER YOU NORMIE FUCK REEEEEEEE
>>
File: oot_cancoes_menu-550x412.jpg (146 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
oot_cancoes_menu-550x412.jpg
146 KB, 550x412
>>331140393
Then why isn't the Shadow medallion placed where the Spirit one is?

The order of temples is the same as the order of these medallions going clockwise.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.