[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 800x450
War has changed.

It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.

War--and it's consumption of life--has become a well-oiled machine.

War has changed.

ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.

Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control…everything is monitored and kept under control.

War…has changed.

The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history.

War…has changed.

When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.
>>
Yeah that's cool and all OP but MGSV is still better.
>>
>>331129556
Post yfw when got past that 20 minute load time and finally got to play this level.

I know this game sucks but I fucking love it. As a life long fan of this series I'm happy this game ended on a competent note and the creator was able to say his goodbye to the series and his fans. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>331129664
>mgsv is still better
TopFuckingKek
>3 is best
>>
>>331129556

>War never changes
>>
I still wish there was a game that takes place between 2 and 4, the entire time skip is jarring
>>
>>331129848
I secretly like playing this movie.

Come at me fgts.
>>
File: 263014-screenen_10_l.jpg (37 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
263014-screenen_10_l.jpg
37 KB, 550x410
The Hudson River, two years ago...
>>
>>331129664
I loved Kaz's phantom limp speech in the red band trailer, but it was ass in the final game. The music added a lot to it.
>>
What if there was a "proper" rendition as a movie, what actors/tress would fill the roles?
>>
I loved this game.
>>
>>331129556
Greatest speech in a video game of all time.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 604x550
>>331130261
>>
>>331131340

>War never changes

Don't you even try claim otherwise or I'll crit you in the fucking eyes with my gauss rifle while looking awesome in my power armor. Instant death, bitch, with a projectile propelled by magnets.
>>
>>331131340
>>331131846
There talking about different things you dolts.

>War never changes
The reasons why we fight

>War has changed
The way we fight
>>
I don't get it.

What was the war in MGS4 even over?

Proxy battles? What the fuck does that even mean? Is the world just 1 giant multiplayer server where people engage in random skirmishes for fun? Like what is even going on?
>>
>>331132252
Control.
>>
>for 15 years we got HAND OVER THE BODY OF BIG BOSS OR WE NUKE THE JOINT

>then we got, lol big boss is totally not even dead haha.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 780x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 780x504
>>331131846
>Ooh, I'm super soldier cause I have high tech new age gear, I can beat anyone!
Octocamo, chaff grenade, cqc.
Your soldier is nothing without his gear. Snake could neutralize you with limited fucking weapons & suplies. REAL super soldier.
They fucking made 3 clones because Big boss was so bad ass, they needed more of him! Fucking Les Enfants Terribles, bitch!
>>
File: Fuck_It.png (341 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Fuck_It.png
341 KB, 640x480
>>331132252
Jesus, fucking Christ, anon. Don't you even know what a proxy war is?
Seriously?
Proxy war is when two countries keep their conflict on a territory of a third country.
This may be about attacking allies or other points of interest of your enemy country.

Fuck, just google It
>>
>>331132127
No shit.
We're just fighting about the lines & games. You buzzkill, fuck. Quit taking shit so serious
>>
>>331132252
War economy
>>
>>331129848
Don't care what you faggots say, this was the second best game in the series (first is always the best) and a terrific end to the series. The cheesy writing has been a staple of the series and the harsh criticism this game received for it while this board turned a blind eye to the even worse offender, Snake Eater, is unjust.

Yes Ocelot being undercover was silly.
>>
>>331129848
>ended on a competent note

The graveyard scene is literally one of the most retarded things to ever happen in a video game
>>
>>331132927
This. Patriots propogated a system where constant war was needed to feed the economy and the population was kept under control with nanomachines.
>>
Fav metal gear though? Ray, Rex, shagohod, Sahelanthropus?..Hell, gecko, walkers, etc?..
>>
>>331129556
>not putting in the music
https://youtu.be/lGf2b1H91JA
>>
>>331133241
>Snake makes peace with Big Boss
>Big Boss accepts his role in the propelling that which he fought against and finally understood the flaw in his ideology.
>Snake makes peace with himself and finally can live a peaceful life.

It was fine for a scene in MGS and accomplished what it needed to. Overthinking the details, as with literally anything in MGS, is not what Kojimbo wrote the scene to support nor is it how to enjoy the series.
>>
>>331131340
War didn't change at all though, the reason for all the conflicts were the Patriots trying to maintain control.
>>
>>331133629
Big Boss being there at all shits all over the entire story
>>
>>331134621
It did a bit, huh?
Whatever. It's there, I just accept it.
>>
>>331134621
Explained it acceptably enough for me. What important story element is served by ensuring Boss was dead at the end of MG2?
>>
>>331133241
Yeah, I already admitted objectively the game is retarded. But my favorite franchise ended on a AAA note and I got to see the end to the characters story's. I can't complain
>>
>War has changed.

Fuck off.
>>
>>331132127
MW2 united them with "The more things change, the more they stay the same" anyway.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.