[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no sex >no nudity >no racism >no killing little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: mr-not-important.jpg (123 KB, 720x990) Image search: [Google]
mr-not-important.jpg
123 KB, 720x990
>no sex
>no nudity
>no racism
>no killing little children or babies

So why did this get an AO rating again?
>>
IT'S THE CONTEXT ANON
THE CONTEXT
CONTEXT
O
N
T
E
X
T
>>
>Release a extremely silly game that makes even Postal look serious in comparison
>mask it with violence and a controversial premise
>All beta journalists flip their shit
>Everyone gives free publicity to your shit game because the industry is a joke
>People buy your shit game because they want to see what the fuss is about
>profit
And there's people who still take video reviews and journalists seriously, Manhunt was a much heavier game than this piece of turd.
>>
>>331114076
vidya*
>>
>>331113224
i'll give you a hint: it rhymes with "smoshal smustiss smorreyors" and "smayned smowtreydj"
>>
>>331114076
This, with emphasis on
>the industry is a joke
>>
It's mean-spirited. Can't you see how bad that is?
>>
>>331114879
I found Trevor's introduction in GTAV to be way more offensive than all of Hatred
>>
>>331115005
at least trevor was funny, hatred is edge for edge's sake
>>
>>331115507
even worse

the protagonist is unlikable from the beginning, no backstory, just edge, Rockstar tried to make a psychopath fun and relatable
>>
>>331115748
Yeah, so evil guy who goes out to kill people just because he feels like it should be likeable guy treated as role model by kids.
>>
>>331115884
That's not what that anon was saying, and I don't think Rockstar expects anyone to excuse Trevor for, say, chopping up people and flushing them down the toilet or literally burning down an entire family because they're cutting into your hick meth trade, but they let you into the inner workings and day-to-day as Trevor, pretty much leading you in on why he acts how he does, giving you different portraits of his various neuroses and manic tendencies, or at the very least portrays him as at least a non-one-dimensional character, something Hatred didn't even attempt to do.
>>
>>331115507
Hatred is only super edgy for the first level or two. After that, it feels so heavily caked on that it wraps around to comedy.
Did you see the final cutscene? It's straight out of Xavier: Renegade Angel.
>>
>>331116236
Because surprise surprise, Hatred is 6-hours long twin stick shooter.

Why the fuck are you so fixated on characters in a fucking video game m8?
>>
>>331115507
That's even worse, it's idolizing psychopathy.

I mean every writer does, or has done it, but it's kinda hypocritical.
>>
>>331113224
Cause you kill people

WOW
>>
>>331116301
>HOW DO I OVERLOAD THE REACTORS
>>
>>331117549
6 6 6
>>
File: 67969.jpg (7 KB, 241x267) Image search: [Google]
67969.jpg
7 KB, 241x267
>kill virtual person in a game
>A-OK
>kill virtual person in some other game
>HORY SHIET, CENSOR THIS SHIT OH MY GOD

I feel like some people just flip a coin when it comes to shit like this. The same person who laughs his ass off while shooting people in GTA is clutching his pearls when seeing the same thing done in black and white.
>>
>>331113224
Because someone at the ESRB is a SJW
>>
File: AntonioBanderasReaction.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
AntonioBanderasReaction.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>331119351
>mfw when I got the code right the first time
>>
>>331115884
I didn't say that. OP is discussing the AO rating. I thought Trevor is a lot more offensive than all of Hatred and the hatred guy is less influential because of how shit of a character he is. Hatred has a really unfair rating compared to a very recent AAA game. Ratings were in place to protect children but I'm not so sure about that anymore
>>
>>331113224
Because they wanted one. Steam games aren't required to be classified by the ESRB to be listed for sale.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.