[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with Megaman 8? The graphics are great, music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
What's wrong with Megaman 8?
The graphics are great, music is good, levels are good. The weapons and upgrades are fun to use.
Why is it hated?
>>
>>331106575
>Why is it hated?

Is it? I was under the assumption it was generally regarded as a rock solid game.

Bump for interest.
>>
>>331106575
It's piss easy, the overall atmosphere is a bit too juvenile for my taste (7 got it right), the plot goes nowhere, the Wily fight is incredibly uninspired, and the English voice acting left a bad taste in everyone's mouth
>>
It's not a fundamentally bad game, I've beat it and enjoyed, it's that's just really easy for the series standard, that and it feels really uninspired.
>>
It's hated because it's not Mega Man 2 and people don't have babby nostalgia for it. Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
>>331106575
Jump Jump Slide Slide

Some people thought the artstyle was too weird.
>>
>>331107741
Mega Man 4 and 7 are better than 2. try again.
>>
I'll admit though, 8 has the best Roll design.
>>
>>331109439

You really dont get it

>MM2tards despise everything after 2 because it "ruined" the gameplay
>Hated 3 for having slide and the doc robot stages
>4 especially onward for introducing charge shot because they believe it ruins having to use weapons against bosses
>7 and 8 because it wasnt 8bit, some got autistic enough to make demakes

Why do you think 9 was a romhack of 2?

>Regressed shit back to cater to these autists, no Slide or Charge
>REUSED shit from not just 2, but 5 as well
>MM2s boss intro and even the wily stage intro was the exact same as it was from MM2

10 was at least more forgivable.
>>
>>331106687
>rock solid

cut man, you can't post here. You are a robot and robots are not allowed on 4chan.
>>
>>331106575
The sprites are really clunky, Mega Man feels slippery to play, the plot isn't very interesting (even for a Mega Man game), the Robot Masters are mostly uninteresting with the two best showing up in Mega Man and Bass anyway. Duo is an interesting character but he barely even shows up, so it's not like Proto Man or Bass' introductions.
>>
Better question is why must we fight. We are not enemies.
>>
>>331110958
I take it MMX must absolutely blow their minds, what with double jumping and wall grabbing.
>>
>>331110958
>10 was at least more forgivable.
This
The difficulty was alright, playing as Protoman is good (and not with DLC unlike 9)
And more games with playable Bass is always good (even when he was DLC in 10 as well)
>>
>>331106575
I hated the gimmick sections in each level like JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE
>>
>>331110958

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/10-handy-things-to-know-if-mega-man-legacy-collection-is-your-introduction-to-the-series/page-2

The last few adds to this
>>
>>331106575
>levels are good
Most levels are a huge side step from what 1-7 were like. They tried too hard to make it different and it didn't pan out too well. Not bad, there's a reason the older level formulas worked so well.

Megaman & Bass is vastly superior in all aspects, to the point where I nearly consider it the real 8.
>>
JUMP JUMP
SLIDE SLIDE
>>
File: w.jpg (319 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
w.jpg
319 KB, 1080x1776
Does anyone else do this
>>
>>331106575
OP is really hard to point out the issues of Mega man 8 because it really try to fix Mega man 7 issues such as Mega man being WAY TOO BIG on the screen.

Personally I go with the music and the overall feeling of not feeling like a Mega Man game somehow, and the art style feels like a downgrade from Mega Man 7 wich is weird because the game does have much much more detail put in, but the overly done pixelated animations SOMEHOW hyndred it intead of helping it, maybe, just maybe because he is a robot and not a human runing around? maybe that why it feels so weird to see him run so smoothly? because even the X games make sure than when X is runing he feels like a Reploid.

Wish someone would make a video of Mega Man 8 and explain why is so dislike it.
>>
>>331114975
Did that on my cd burned copies
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 1980x1272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 1980x1272
>>331106575
FIND DOCTAH WAHWEE

Also pronouncing Bass's name like the fish.
>>
>>331117229
Roll a cute.
>>
I liked it, but it was only only megaman game I ever played other than part one on the nes (which I never beat the yellow dude), and other than x series.
>>
It set a new low for voice acting, but that's the low hanging fruit.
I haven't played it in years, so I can't remember anything about the level design. I didn't love any of the robot masters, for sure.

The biggest thing is that the music wasn't fitting for Mega Man. It had a chill jazzy style to it, which is nice on its own, but doesn't have the energy you come to expect after all the games before it. Even MM3, which drew heavily from jazz and blues, knew to pump the player up.
>>
i like 7 but 8 kinda blows

the graphics are nice and it sounds good aside from the voice acting

the problem is that it's extremely slow / floaty, has broken upgrades, and every stage has a gimmick that is annoying more often than not. the jump / slide thing is particularly awful and it's jarring going from that to normal gameplay because of the disparity in pacing.

the game doesn't get properly started until wily fortress 2.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.