[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The moment gaming history was changed forever...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: PSVR-GDC-2016-343.jpg (179 KB, 2040x1351) Image search: [Google]
PSVR-GDC-2016-343.jpg
179 KB, 2040x1351
The moment gaming history was changed forever...
>>
>>331104762
I'd totally try VR at this price.
>>
>>331104762
That's not a bad price when you compare it to the opposition which cost $700...
>>
>>331105461
My mistake, it's $800, not 700.
>>
Sony is seriously now the only ones who actually have a shot at making VR break into the mainstream.

The others are simply way too expensive and most likely require some more fiddling. For VR to succeed it has to be affordable, and it has to be easy to grasp.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if the rift and Vive bomb hard as fuck.
>>
For... the... gamers...
>>
I bet all of this shit bombs

But at least something interesting will come of it probably
>>
File: 1432048880283.jpg (31 KB, 486x501) Image search: [Google]
1432048880283.jpg
31 KB, 486x501
>>331104762
So what would happen if this tanked?

Sony can afford a loss like this, can't they?
>>
>>331106062
This. It couldn't even be good if it wanted to be, morons on this planet can't handle a wii mote without throwing it through their TV. It's going to take about an hour before someone falls down their chimney.
>>
>>331106119

The unit is being sold at a profit and it's already sold out everywhere.

Unless their RnD costs were astronomical and sales dry up after the first batch, this isn't going to be considered a flop financially.
>>
>>331105731
That's because Sony VR is going to be shit anon. Even the rift is just kinda neat, but games will have to be built from the ground up for this technology. How much do you wanna bet there's like 8 games that are and the rest will just have tacked on bullshit.

This shit will not take off, I don't give a fuck what the pre-orders say. Will be ded in a year.

I wonder if this will be considered the 2nd vidya crash.
>>
And that is the initial asking price. I can't wait to see the discounts 2-3 years down the road.
>>
I think being sub-$500 is SUPER important.

Most people make a $500 or less electronic purchase each year. A new console, or TV, or upgrading their ipad/phone etc. We've kind of been conditioned to tell ourselves that's normal.

But $600 or $800? That's a new "tier" of spending that a lot of people aren't willing to pull the trigger on. Unless it's something they REALLY REALLY want.
>>
Do any VR kits interface with drones at all?
>>
>>331107334
You mean aside from gamers?
>>
>>331107763
lel, yeah. Like a minicopter mounted with a camera, that responds to your head movements. Aside from virtual shit, is video streaming VR where this might be heading as well?
>>
>>331108137
Military is probably working on it anon. Don't worry there's still time in this life to be horribly murdered by a drone.

I bet racing on a motorcycle would be pretty fucking awesome with this technology.
>>
>>331108541
Sweet. Here's hoping for Droney Kong Racing.
>>
>>331107334
I think I've seen a hacked together demo that did that, yeah. But it probably didn't actually do any VR and just served as a bigass portable screen, like with those drone racing people.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.