[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There was a faggy flood thread on here yesterday, and I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Alien-Xenomorph.jpg (136 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
Alien-Xenomorph.jpg
136 KB, 960x600
There was a faggy flood thread on here yesterday, and I just thought of something.

Who would win?
>>
>>331096984
Depends, are we talking one Xeno vs. one Flood Combat Form (could be any of them from human, brute, and Elite)
Or are we talking a full species war?
Flood born Xenos and Flood infected Xenos both sound equally horrifying.
>>
>>331097192
Full species war. Could the flood infect something silicone-based with acid blood?
>>
>>331097192
A Xeno would fuck up any individual combat form.
>>
I feel like xeno blood gives them a huge edge in this fight
>>
What's a Xeno nervous system like? Is that ever expanded on?
>>
>>331097251
That is a good point, I don't think the Flood can infect Xenomorphs which is a huge game changer.
Another question is if a Xeno can infect a combat form and if it can is the DNA that the egg takes heritage from mangled from Flood infection, would what comes out have traits of the flood or the species of the original host?
>>
>>331097531
Infection forms are pure Flood, so Flood must have some kind of genetic code. A combat form would have DNA from both the host and the Flood, meaning... yeah, some kind of fucked-up mess.

I feel bad for the facehugger that has to infect THAT (OP image).
>>
>>331097698
Does it even still have a working digestive system?
>>
>>331097831
Oh yeah, good point. Xeno breeding is pretty dependent on having access to hosts that aren't basically living corpses.
>>
>>331097831
It definitely isn't working but if the infection hasn't completely obstructed and destroyed the esophagus and sternum the Xeno should be able to gestate.
As for the other forms of Flood I've never considered how a Facehugger would implant on an organism without a mouth. Perhaps its tube can punch through similar to the Xeno's inner mouth?
>>
The Xeno wins every single time. It's not even a contest.
>>
File: DS_-_Slasher.png (292 KB, 425x443) Image search: [Google]
DS_-_Slasher.png
292 KB, 425x443
What if we make this shit a threeway fight and add some necromorph's into the mix!
>>
>>331098094
Well facehuggers can break through space helmets so esophagus puncture is fair game.
>>
>>331098189
Xenomorph's have shown to be intelligent and capable of higher thinking processes, so it could be possible for them to succumb to the Marker's influence and succumb to the necromorph horde as a result.
>>
>>331098379
I wouldn't call them sentient. That's like saying the same thing could happen to a dolphin or a squid just because they can learn.
>>
If the Flood have already reached critical mass they are basically reality-warper tier
If not, I think the ayys have the advantage, I don't think they can get infected
>>
>>331098794
>reality-warper tier

Explain.
>>
I doubt either would be able to infect each other.

The flood would probably be more likely considering they are able to infect with spores. However, the Xenos acid blood probably means incompatiblity for infection.

The xenos likely-ness for impregnating a flood host would probably be impossible considerimg flood don't have stomachs and their flood-human/flood-animal forms are so mangled and rapidly changing that I'm pretty sure they dont have a working digestive system anymore. The flood are improper hosts for the xenos.

So now its all about numbers.

One xeno vs one alpha fucking badass flood, I think the xeno would probably be able to win.

However the flood doesn't work that way. The flood relies on a huge horde tactic to quickly spread and overwhelm its would be hosts.

So lets say we had a planet swarming with xenos and xeno queens, the mother load of xeno kind vs. The whole of the galaxies flood infestation. Its a more likely scenario that the flood would win because their numbers are extremely vast.

But considering the flood cant move through space without taking over hosts with space ships and xenos are unable to spread from planet to planet without stealthy being aboard a space ship like a cockroach. This whole scenario wouldn't happen.

I think the flood would probably be the victor due to sheer number and the ability for time-less intelligence. Though I do think the xenos are a formidable opponent.
>>
>>331096984
aliums
>>
While the flood wouldn't be able to directly infect the xenos thanks to acid blood, they'd be able to use the biomass once the acid has run it's course.
The xenos have no way to extract resources from the flood.
>>
>>331099756
Do Aliens count as biomass? They're silicone with acid fluids. Useless to the Flood, no? And what do you mean, "once the acid has run it's [sic] course?"
>>
File: 1455811065890.png (219 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1455811065890.png
219 KB, 400x370
>>331098189
>flood kills , reanimates and takes control of xeno then necromorhps kills it and reanimate it again
>flood-mutated-xenomorh-with-acidic-blood-mutated-again-with-necromorph-enhancements

Welp
>>
>>331100148
The aliens blood isn't corrosive forever, it does stop being ridiculously lethal after a time.
The flood have also proved that they can incorporate silicon based life into their mass thanks to killing and absorbing Hurragok/Engineers.
>>
>>331098902
They can tap into dumb psychic Precursor tech to manipulate matter
>>
File: Gravemind.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gravemind.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>331096984
>>331097251
>>331097396
>>331097469
>>331100148
Flood can instantly infect anything with a central nervous system, turns anything else into biomass, proceeds to make pure forms out of said biomass. Flood will also eventually infect practically anything, biological or not, unless what they're infecting purges itself from existence on an atomic level.

I don't even think Xenos could facehug anything that isn't a fresh corpse, and the Flood combat forms wouldn't be much incapacitated by a facehugger considering they don't need to breathe or use their host's face.

The Xenos may have an edge tactically at the very beginning, but the Flood is a fucking horrifying snowballer made of dead gods.
>>
>>331103430
Flood can tactically and strategically coordinate assualts once a hivemind forms
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.