[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does every young person in Japan have problems forming bonds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (754 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
754 KB, 1280x1810
Does every young person in Japan have problems forming bonds with others?

Read this interview about Persona 5, Hashino mentions the theme of forming bonds be important in the game. Yeah, it lends itself, well to party RPG mechanics, but Hashino calls out the real world Japan situation in the interview too and the game will be a reflection of that too. It's starting to feel cliched in Japanese games. Anno was crying about this in Evangelion two decades ago.
>>
File: 2.jpg (938 KB, 1280x1872) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
938 KB, 1280x1872
>>331096748
>>
most japs don't even care this is a console game

90% of gamers in that country have shit taste and only play mobile shit exclusively.
>>
>>331096748
Not gonna lie. I've been living in japan for around a year and most of them don't interact much unless it is part of their job to do so(like waitress and cashiers). It is fucking weird.
>>
>>331097115
Me too, friend, and I observe the same. It's just annoying how many video games are trying to point it out nowadays. Perhaps that makes the situation even worse. People get happy by romancing their waifu, listening to some 説教 about necessity of oimmunication and go on their lives unchanged.
>>
>>331097280
I know right. Most of the housekeepers and caretakers of the student dormitory i'm in get surprised when i say hi to them or say thanks for the food and other services
>>
>>331097575
Well I guess you can't blame them on the other hand. Most people work long hours, come home late etc., probably don't have time or mood to get into talks with strangers and random people.

Even young people. There are several 塾s near where I live, one right at the end of the street and there are students to late night hours. Tough shit, no wonder many Japanese hope to study abroad, it's gonna be their vacation year.
>>
Isn't this more or less global? Just look at all the sadfrogposters here.
>tfw no gf
>tfw no friends to play vidya with
>>
>>331097842
I think with the rise of feminism, it's mostly young men who have trouble finding their place in the world. All they had to be was breadwinner, but now women can be just as good breadwinners, plus with m-muh sexually liberated women riding the dick carousel many men can't make heads or tales of the world, atleast in the west
>>
>>331096748
>Does every young person in Japan have problems forming bonds with others?
Japan has a big problem between NEETs, Hikki's, and people who put everything they have into their careers.

AFAIK the way the culture is set up at the moment you're encourage to do nothing but work after high school so you get those who buy in and have no time for socialization because they're "working" 16 hours days (read: sitting at work, taking a million smoke breaks, drinking with the boss) and people who rebel against that system staying inside all day and consuming entertainment.

There's also just so many people so packed together, I feel like it'd be hard not to just ignore everyone around you most of the time.
>>
File: comeonnow.jpg (26 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
comeonnow.jpg
26 KB, 600x375
>>331099150
>>
>>331099435
cool, a reaction image. yeah, I'd hate for you to actually discuss the matter. just dismiss it entirely.
>>
>>331099724
gb2/mra/

There are a million more reasonable explanations for reduced social behavior than "muh feminism"

You are right in that a part of the problem is many people (not just men) being disenfranchised, but that's mainly due to financial concerns (shit job market, massive debt).

Or do you think the reason people are living with their parents on average until 27 because of "muh feminism" too?
>>
>>331099150
>>331099724
well if you actually said something that made sense then it would get serious responses

how does the rise of (fake) feminism make men not have a place in the world? the worlds the same as it ever was except women are bitching more, how does that make men "not find a place in the world"? I fail to see the logic here, leave the feminists taking their gender history classes while they end up being waitresses

or are you one of those "BAAAW I HATE WOMEN" people?
>>
>>331096748
>Anno was crying about this in Evangelion two decades ago.
Eva is not about bonds or friendship, it is more about the limits of humanity as well as how even if you are fucked up you still have the chance to live your life.
>>
>>331100098
Perhaps that theme comes out of it stronger, yes.

Then I'll rephrase.
"Tanako Romeo wrote about it excelently more than a decade ago in Cross Channel".
>>
>>331099995
>>331100020
I wasn't saying feminism was the ONLY cause, just one cause.

>shit job market
it's no secret that some (SOME) companies prefer to hire women over men now to diversify their workforce and show that "women can do it too guys!" You can't say that isn't a real effect due to the empowerment of women. but yes you are right.

how can a whole generation of women thinking differently about their expectations of the world not have a single impact on society as a whole? you can hardly say "the world is the same as it ever was." Maybe it isn't as different as I claim but it isn't the same. again talking about the west here
>>
File: wow.jpg (122 KB, 1268x707) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
122 KB, 1268x707
>>331100628
>it's no secret that some (SOME) companies prefer to hire women over men now to diversify their workforce and show that "women can do it too guys!" You can't say that isn't a real effect due to the empowerment of women
Hahaha, oh wow.

Yes, babby, that's the problem. Not wage stagnation, not increasing automation, not reactionary policies that resulted from the global collapse, and certainly not the rampant H1B fraud. It's wimmens stealing our jerbs.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>331096748
>read this interview
>moon
lol

==Translation==
What kind of city is Tokyo to you, Mr.Hashino?

This might sound a bit hackneyed, but it's a city that gives the impression of individuals gathered together in an overcrowded place, each with their own weak, separate connections.
Also, even though many people are connected through thiings like SNS, they say that they want to feel a bond with others.
In that way I think that it is a mysteriolus city, and I believe it to be an appropriate stage for games and various media works.

==

Can't really say he's wrong I guess.
This really isn't a problem which only exists in Japan, though Tokyo might be one of the better examples in the world.
Many in western countries are enslaved to things like social media which perverts regular communication on a personal level.
Being in need of constant attention and conversation through the internet has made us farther apart, after a fashion, in reality.
>>
>>331101136
>>read this interview
>>moon
>lol

;-)

And yeah, I believe it'll be interesting to see how things related to human commnication change. In this age we live in the progress is quick enough for us to witness it live.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.