[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Every Great One loses its child Has the Moon Presence been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: moonpresence1.jpg (113 KB, 1024x631) Image search: [Google]
moonpresence1.jpg
113 KB, 1024x631
>Every Great One loses its child

Has the Moon Presence been using special hunters sustained by the dream to kill every Infant Great One that it can find?

Perhaps so that it doesn't get implicated in the process.

Interestingly enough we receive the Eye of a Blood-drunk hunter which is needed to get to the Orphan of Kos from the messengers/moon presence as well.
>>
Shameless-self bump because I need answers.
>>
Curious to know what you guys have managed to dig up.
>>
>>331078753
Dude, it's really quite simple:
AYY LMAO
>>
>>331080303
I never did quite get why you guys call the so-called Aliens in this game 'Ayy Lmaos'
>>
>>331080387
Aylmao detected
Watch your Frenzy
>>
>>331080387
Astral beings usually means "from space". The ayys in BB much like Lovecraft stuff are beings beyond comprehension, they arent aliens, they are intentionally ambiguous in origin and goal, thats what makes them so scary.

Remember when you couldnt see the amygdala before acquiring insight? You were then able to comprehend the creatures and could see them now. Remember how Mergo always showed up as an invisible creature under a shroud? You could never comprehend what it is so you couldnt see it. Or ayy, whatever makes the most sense to you
>>
>>331080737
Quite a few species and entities in Lovecraftian Mythos occupy the same material plane as humans, but on different planets or in the far reaches of outer space (although that doesn't stop them from extending their influence to Earth). Some of them are even on the Earth itself.
>>
>>331080871
Some, not all, shit, some exist soley in thought whilest other physically exist in the ocean. The way BB handled it was pretty neat I thought, it wasnt hamfisted "tentacle monster came out of the ocean" Lovecraft.
>>
No one really knows what Moon Presance's deal was, it's one of the most vauge things in a very vauge game.

Our guiding goals through the game are
> Seek Paleblood to transcend the hunt
> Stop the spread of scrouge of beasts and escape this dream
(My memory on the Wording of the second one is a bit fuzzy)

We know Rom was "hiding all manner of rituals" and killing her causes (or reveals what was always there) the Bloodmoon which caused everyone's insanity/transformation to rapidly accelerate.

Madmen (Mensis scholars) beckoned the moon, and if Moon Presance is the living embodiment of the Moon then we can assume it caused all the shit in Yharnam on the night of the hunt.

We can also assume that Mensis was using Mergo as bait, (info from Myazaki interview about Great Ones being attracted to "special babies" and thier longing for a surrogate).

If Mensis was baiting Great Ones to descend (Michalosh wanted Kos, but it seemed they got what they were given without much choice), and we are guided to "silencing it's harrowing cry" (aka kill Mergo) then it's all pretty weird.

Why would we kill what Moon Presance yearned for if it was manipulating us all along?

What if we arnt "working for" the Moon Presance, and it's our job to kill Mergo so MP stops going crazy in lust for a surrogate child. But that is at odds with the entire established lots of Gehrman and the hunter dream.

Laurence and his associates (Gehrman) summoned MP a long time ago, perhaps with the Child of Kos being orphaned.

What if the purpose of the hunters dream is to kill any subitale surrogates so MP doesn't destroy Yharnam in its wrath of motherly hormones.

Although this is at ends with the 2nd ending where MP makes us a replacement Gehram which it wouldn't do if Gehrman had been stopping it getting what it wanted for ages.

Or maybe it's just a period type thing that happens every month or so and we're acting as the cosmic tampon stopping the metaphorical blood of the MP leaking all over Yharnam.
>>
>>331081407
A part of me wants to believe that the Blood Moon was always there but the fact that it shows up after you kill Rom is equally likely. May the spider was blocking the influence of the MP somehow.
Also, the motivations of the MP to kill other Infant Great Ones may be out of jealousy. Gehrman might be strong enough to take on an Infant Great One in his prime. Could be that he killed MP's child and got trapped in the dream as punishment. Hence why we find an umbilical cord in his workshop.
>>
>>331081776
I don't think Rom was stopping Moon Presance's influence, but rather stopping Mensis's "radio signal" that was attracting Great Ones.

I always assumed the cord in the Workshop was Orphan's since we know Hunters were involved in examining Kos's Korpse.

But we have to remember that there is no correct answer to the story that's hidden, it's deliberately obscure and incomplete so large chunks are up to ours, and Myazaki himself's, interpretation. Which, if you think about it, is the perfect way to do a story about beings who's thoughts and motivations are impossible for humans to comprehend.
>>
>>331078753
>Perhaps so that it doesn't get implicated in the process.
It kills infant great ones so that it doesn't get caught killing infant great ones? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>331082587
Kills them using hunters instead so that it doesn't get caught and other Great Ones don't know what it's up to.
>>
>>331082379
Yes I think that's a great way to sum it up.
>>
>>331082778
You're a moron.
>>
>>331081289
>it wasnt hamfisted "tentacle monster came out of the ocean" Lovecraft.
Except for Kos, which was literally a tentacle monster that came out of the ocean
>>
>>331082881
Care to explain? Why would the MP be linked to the actions of some hunter?
>>
>>331083051
You're a moron because you're saying the MP is killing infants so that nobody finds out it's killing infants.
>>
>>331083106
Learn some reading comprehension and stop fucking shitposting for once
>>
>>331083213
I read it. Typing out "the moon presence through use of the hunters who are special XD" every time I call you stupid is tedious.
>>
>>331083106
No. The exact reasons as to why it's hostile to other Great Ones is unclear. Maybe it just want to be the only Ayy in existence. I'm saying that it's using the hunters as pawns in order to escape the resulting wrath of other Ayys. They won't be able to make the connection that the MP is actually the one who is pulling the strings here. Get it now?
>>
>>331083271
Moron.
>>
>>331083374
>I'm saying that it's using the hunters as pawns in order to escape the resulting wrath of other Ayys
The wrath for killing infants, yes. Nobody has misunderstood you.
>>
>tfw you wanted the whole game to be about hunting beasts in Yharnam
>tfw you don't give a shit about Lovecraft or ayylmaos or traveling through dreams
>tfw you've replayed the game up til Amelia a dozen times and then immediately stop because it's all downhill from there
>>
>>331083971
>tfw you're too pleb to appreciate Eldritch Truth at its finest
>>
>>331083971
Pleb.
>>
File: Bloodborne3.jpg (249 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne3.jpg
249 KB, 800x533
>>331083971
Sounds like someone needs more eyes
>>
>>331083971
OOOH MAJESTIC
>>
Lore as I understand it that may be wrong

>healing church finds fishing village that's been altered by Kos' corpse washing up on shore
>they perform cruel experiments, sever orphan of Kos from parent
>healing church gets cursed as fuck in retaliation
>hunters are like a private military to clean up after all the abominations they create with blood ministration
>hunters at some point with healing church help reach out to moon presence to get help with hunting and become his bitch not because it's malevolent but because of its nature
>>
>>331085175
Eh, this makes it sound more like the events are all recent. From what I can gather, Yarnham has been around for a long ass fucking time, and the crazy shit has been going on for a while as well, but it usually doesn't last as long when it does.

Not sure where I was going with that, but yeah, Yarnham looks like the church was established long ago, and their influence with Great Ones and the like is what helped them rise to power well before Kos washed up on shore. Hunters, it seems, were also established by that time
>>
>>331085175
Thats kinda the right idea but your missing a bunch of key parts.

1/2

>Yharnam is a regular city built on top of ancient Pthumerian civilisation. Cainhurst Castle is possibly the ruling party (thats just speculation though)
> Byrgonworth is a university type place, part of thier work is excavating the laberynth below Yharnam (AKA "the tomb of the Gods")
> During an excavation they discover a "Holy Medium" as well as evidence of the Eldrich truth.
> Efforts to understand these higher planes of existance and ascend humanity begin. Master Willem wanted to elevate his thoughts to a higher plane, and wanted to copy what he had seen in more advanced beings and cover his brain in eyes.
> Others (mainly Laurence) wanted to use the old blood as a medium for ascension, but Willem forbade it.
> This caused a split in Byrgonworth and many scholars left, with Laurence founding the Healing Church which used Old Blood as a miricle cure and (secretly) experimented on people with various forms of blood attempting to turn people in Kin of the Cosmos and commune with the "Gods".
> PLOT TWIST: Old Blood turns people into Beasts.
> Hunters, lead by Gehrman kill beasts.
> Sometime during all this Kos washes up on the shore of a fishing villiage and scholars of Byergonworth show up and ruin everything.
> Hunters are involved in the defilment of the villiage and are cursed with the Hunters Nightmare where Blooddrunk hunters spend eternity going insane slaughtering beasts.
> Whether the Kos incident happened before or after the Byrgonworth split is uncertain.
> It seems over time that the church became a de-facto government of Yharnam, and both Cainhurst and Byrgonworth were deemed forbidden areas and mostly forgotten.
> School of Mensis is established and continues the work of Byrgonworth, but seems much more cultish and fanatical. Possibly worshipping and heading the advice of the Amyacdala's which are oddly referred to as "False Gods" multiple times in the official guide.
>>
>>331085709
>>331086780

2/2

> Choir is the high echalon of the Healing Church and is formed after the discovery of Eribritas who becomes the basis for thier experiements on turning people into "Kin of the Cosmos".
> Laurence and "his associates" (Gehrman) somehow summon the nameless Moon Presance which leads to the creation of the Hunters Dream and the ability for Hunters to become more than regular humans by being quasi-immortal and using Blood to grow stonger.
> Some time later the hunter Ludwig starts recruiting regular Yharnamites as hunters and militarizes the genral population against the Beasts in the name of the Church, possible due to growing numbers of beasts. This doesnt end well.
> Entirity of Old Yharnam is lost due to an uncontrolable outbreak of Beasts, most likely caused by massive amounts of Old Bloof imbued to cure a sickness known as "Ashen Blood".
> The Hunt is a regularish thing.
> You, the player, come to Yharnam in search of Paleblood and maybe a cure for an unknown illness, but conviently get amnesia after your initial Blood Transfusion (this is so fucking dumb).
>>
>>331086780
Isn't Kos the start of it all? He's the one that poisoned the old blood with the parasites
>>
>>331089356
He cant be, the Ailing Land or Loran fell to the Beast Plauge ages ago and Byergonworth found (and forbade) the Blood in the Chalice dungeons before the found Kos.

The "curse" the Orphan put upon the hunters is confusing, since turning into beasts was already a thing becuase Hunters didnt exist before beasts were a problem.

I subscribe to the theory that the Hunters Nightmare was the "curse", and it acts as a kind of hell for Hunters who go mad with Bloodlust in the real world, even after they die they cant escape it.
>>
>>331087286
> You, the player, come to Yharnam in search of Paleblood and maybe a cure for an unknown illness, but conviently get amnesia after your initial Blood Transfusion (this is so fucking dumb).

Hmm, all of what you said seems logical except for this and that is only because of the Cainhurst Summons that we find unopened in the area where we woke up from amnesia.

Cainhurst and the Queen have something to go with why the player is in Yharnam.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.