[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS Move are horrible motion controls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: PS-Move-tracking.png (295 KB, 732x1768) Image search: [Google]
PS-Move-tracking.png
295 KB, 732x1768
So much for Sony having good VR

http://www.gizmag.com/playstation-vr-review-hands-on-gdc/42321/
http://pastebin.com/6Bkm0f3R

>Tracking was inaccurate and inconsistent. It sorta swung in the general direction I was aiming (most of the time) but it couldn't track speed with any reliability (so you're left swinging the controller in slow motion) and has way too low an overall accuracy no matter how quickly you move the controllers. This is last-gen tech that has no business being part of a flagship first-gen VR headset.

>Another example: Job Simulator. This game has been a favorite of ours on both the Rift and Vive, as you use their respective motion controllers to manipulate objects in virtual workspaces. The PSVR version, though, was the first time when the tech got in the way of the game. I'd reach out to grab a stapler on the desk in front of me and suddenly the virtual hand would fly up in the air, two feet above my head. Again, clearly not the developer's fault, as the game plays perfectly on the Rift and Vive. It just can't do much with Sony's shit tracking.

>There's also a lack of delicacy with the ergonomics of the PS Move controllers. Both Oculus Touch and the Vive controllers do a good job of feeling like you really have hands inside virtual worlds. PS Move is too thick and remote-like to fill that role – it can only feel like a hand with a large pole in it.
>>
>inb4 people claim they didn't want the waggalin anyway

Guess what, gamepad sucks for VR. If Sony doesn't fix their shit then PSVR is going to flop because the best content is going to be made with motion controls in mind.
>>
>>331062327
Dear god i hope not. Motion controls are cancer keep it out of vr
>>
>>331062718
Motion controls or hand tracking are the only ways to get 1:1 interactions in VR. Using a gamepad is trying to navigate a 3D world with a NES controller.
>>
>>331061813
It's possible they weren't calibrated properly. I've had Move controllers for years and haven't had tracking problems when properly calibrated.

I like Time Crisis and other on-rail shooters

I suspect Sony may bring out new versions of the move controllers, when this shit hits retail anyway.
>>
>gizmag
>>
>>331062992
>I suspect Sony may bring out new versions of the move controllers, when this shit hits retail anyway.

That's what they should do but they aren't since they already sold a bunch of PS Cameras which is where the real problem likely is. The Move controllers are just lightbulbs for the camera to track.

Already confirmed they're doing a bundle with the current Move and camera.
>>
>>331062992
>It's possible they weren't calibrated properly.

They would have had to have mis-calibrated across multiple stations. Unlikely.
>>
A big thing to keep in mind is that Move's tracking is based on light, so if the lighting in the room was retarded, it could easily fuck up the tracking
>>
>>331061813
I believe highly unbiased source that says the controls are perfect rather than some Oculus shill. Nice try though.
>>
>>331061813
Fake.
>>
>>331061813
Repurposing old tech always seemed like a bad idea since vr needs custom shit

Golem showed how jumpy it was
>>
>>331061813
Fake and gay
>>
>>331064890
>>331064963
It's a real thing and it's not just one person reporting it

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/hands-on-with-the-sony-playstation-vr-the-low-end-of-high-end-at-an-appealing-price/
>Though, when it came to playing a VR version of ping pong, the controllers just didn't stack up to the precision of other controllers out there built specifically for VR, like the Vive or Oculus controllers. It's hard to explain, but when something is slightly off, when your brain registers that you're not, in fact, hitting a ball back and forth, it breaks immersion, and that's one of the last, if not the last, thing you want.

Have fun having to play slow games because PS Move can't handle fast movement.
>>
>>331065402
Well the PS4 can't handle high end VR anyway. I legit can't see a reason to own Sony VR, it's way too limited and locked down.
>>
>>331064890
I don't think oculus even has any kind of motion controls right now besides 3rd party things
>>
>>331065663
They're working on a large line up for their Touch controllers. It isn't coming out till Q3/Q4 though.
>>
>>331061813
Motion Control is biggest weakneses of PSVR in general. PS Move is outdated compared to Valve/Occulus modern motion technology. Touch/Wand feel like hands, less latency, and have optical tracking.

Kinect is a better motion camera then ps eye, and that is outdated compare to Valve's lighhthouse technology.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.