[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game ever get fun? I'm like an hour in and I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault(3).jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(3).jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Does this game ever get fun? I'm like an hour in and I want to kill myself.
>>
>>331039508
Yes.
The beginning is pretty shitty.
>>
>>331039508
Beginning experience varies greatly depending on what class you picked, since every class has completely different unique prologue, hence the "Origins" name.
I bet you picked something shitty like a dalish elf.
>>
>>331039929
Human warrior
>>
>>331039929
Human Mage has a pretty good beginning.
>>
>>331039508
The first hour is the best.
Honestly, the game is okay at best.
>>
>Play Human Noble
>Marry that bitch, I don't remember her name, so I can be a King like I deserve
>Loghain mentions in Awakening that "I asked her about an heir and she looked horrified"
JUST
I hope my Grey Warden cheats on her, the slut.
>>
>>331040483
If the first hour is the best then I might as well trash it now.
>>
>>331040341
>human mage
Mage has the same beginning no matter the race.
The beginnings are as follows:

Human Noble
Dalish Elf
City Elf
Dwarf Noble
Dwarf Commoner
Circle Mage

Mage one is irrelevant of which race you pick since all mages start with Circle Mage origin. You can't make a mage and start as Human Noble origin for example.

Human Noble, Dwarf Noble and Circle Mage are pretty much the best Origins with most plot importance.
>>
>>331040557
You character doesn't married, Alastair does
>>
>>331040801
You can if you're Human Noble. Cousland blood is god tier and every bitch wants your Cousland clay, your brother shows up and he probably gets it in the end so it doesn't go to the crown.
>>
Kill Loghain, make Alistair marry the queen and accept Morrigans offer is the best ending.
>>
>>331040801
You can execute Alistair and marry Anora yourself if you're a Human Noble. And Kain--- I mean Loghain becomes your bro Grey Warden.

Only a retard would pick Alistair over Loghain.
Especially if you read the prequel tie-in book.
Cailan shat all over everything Maric and Loghain fought for. Loghain was rightfuly mad.
>>
>>331041191
Don't forget that Alistair was going to tell Loghain's daughter to get fucked and marry the Empress of Orlais.
>>
>>331041190
You mean the worst.
>>
>>331039508
Install skip Onstagar and skip fade mods.
>>
>>331041264
He was? I don't remember that part from the game.
Unless that's something that's revealed in DA3 which I didn't play yet because I've got better RPGs in my pipeline right now.

Anyhow Alistair is as much of a traitor scum as his shitty father if that's the case.
>>
>>331041408
Nobody should skip anything on their first playthrough, don't be a faggot.
Ostagar is also pretty damn good too.
The only part that's actually questionable is the Fade which you either love or hate, there is no inbetween.
>>
>>331041707
It's in the return to Ostagar bit.
>>
>>331041707
Did you play DA2? Because DA:I is definitely better than that despite being mediocre in pretty much every way.
>>
>>331039508
Dragon Age Origins is really bad and the only reason it was ever relevant was because it came out in a dry period where there was nothing else. It also only gets worse after the first hour since you're out of the origin area.

You're better off playing basically any other WRPG.
>>
>>331041859
>Did you play DA2?
I did.
Twice. Only because I wanted to check some other choices and find out that no choice matters because your family members get fucked anyway no matter what you pick.

>Because DA:I is definitely better
Lol no. I actually have it installed and beat the prologue and it was a fucking offline MMO shitfest with literally GRINDING to UNLOCK next story quests.
I will get around to playing that game one day but the combat is literally the worst of the 3 games and it's literally an offline MMO.
>>
>>331042073
>he got sidetracked in the hinterlands instead of just walking down the hill
>MUH GRIND CAUSE I DIDNT READ

kek
>>
>>331042073
All your points about DA:I are true. It's still a better game than DA2. The first zone is by far the worst offender in the amount of quests and how MMO-like they feel. It baffles me they didn't alter it in any way during testing or something. It makes me spooked to think they might've had the same plan for all the zones but were over budget and out of time.
>>
>>331042352
You
literally
need
to
grind
X
amount
of
X
missions
before
it
lets
you
start
a
new
fucking
story
quest
on
the
Wartable

And the combat is still THE WORST in the entire series and feels like a shittier version of WoW combat.
>>
>>331042420
I'm a killer and no filler type of person and the amount of shitty filler DAI has on first glance combined with the godawful combat system just makes me not interested in it.
While it certainly has much higher production values than DA2 and definitely isn't cut content galore it doesn't change the fact that it lacks the focus that even DA2 and the combat is somehow even worse than DA2 (which wouldn't be that shit if not for enemies spawning out of thin air).
>>
>>331041264
>>331041707

I think he means that other king, that dies early on in that battle with duncan.
>>
>>331039508

The game is okay tier, if you don't like it now I doubt it'll improve.
>>
>>331042073
>it's literally an offline MMO.
All Dragon Age games are. Inquisition just takes it to its ultimate conclusion since it was originally supposed to be an MMO before it got turned into a single player game.
>>
>>331042890
That's Cailan.
And Cailan was indeed a traitor hence why Loghain did a right thing. Cailan was going to doom Ferelden into slavery after Loghain and Maric literally fought their entire first halves of their lives to free Ferelden from Orleasian occupation.
The book "Stolen Throne" is really fucking good if you like DA:O. It came out along with DA:O and is a prequel to the events of the game showing the entire thing of Maric and Loghain coming to power and freeing Ferelden.

>>331043078
>All Dragon Age games are.
You don't know what an offline MMO is, it's time to stop posting anon.
>>
>>331040601
Yes. Play Undertale
>>
>>331039508
If you dont like something, dont play it. You idiot.
>>
>>331044251
Hold on there Hoss, I might not like Dragon Age but I'm no faggot.
>>
>>331044515
I also don't know if I like it or not because I don't know if it gets better or not. Idiot.
>>
>>331044526
Good, good. First hour of the game is sure to bore you. Just brave through it.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.