[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just beat Vicar Amelia and I can buy three different sets of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5
File: bloodborne-ps4_7ws6.jpg (1 MB, 1513x1884) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne-ps4_7ws6.jpg
1 MB, 1513x1884
I just beat Vicar Amelia and I can buy three different sets of clothes but I don't know which one is the best out of them. I'm currently wearing the Yharnam Hunter Set but I can buy the Ashen Set worn by Djura, Tomb Prospector Set, or Henryk Set.

Can someone tell me which one of those sets is the best one? It seems like the Tomb Prospector set gives high magic resistance but I was thinking of getting Henryk's Set, it seems to have pretty nice stats.
>>
Stats on clothes barely matter aside from sometimes status effect resistances.

Wear whatever you like the look of.
>>
>>331037120
Ah yeah I suppose you have a good point, well I'll just stick with the Yharnam Set I guess. It's been doing a good job and I think it looks kind of cool.
>>
>>331036850
>>331037120
Yeah, wear whatever you like and then switch to something with high poison resistance if you go wading in poison, or frenzy with frenzy areas, or arcane with enemies who have bullshit magic attacks if you're struggling.
>>
>>331037420
Would you recommend a high magic resistance set for the Witches of Hemwick fight? Because I'm heading there next and I read that they shoot magic at you.
>>
>>331037594
You can do that fight blindfolded.
>>
I just got to the Nightmare of Mensis

I kinda just want this game to be over.
>>
>>331037594

Witches of Hemwick are pretty easy and their main gimmick is just spawning other enemies. Don't worry about it.

I'd say the only places in the entire game where you really want to wear specific gear are the Nightmare Frontier (gear for poison resist) and Nightmare of Mensis (gear for frenzy resist). And even that isn't necessarily important as you can easily use runes for the resistances.
>>
>>331038035
You're almost done unless you want to platinum
>>
>>331037594
1) Witches is piss easy and I've never not first-tried them. You could LITERALLY beat them with one hand tied behind your back.
2) Stop reading guides you gigantic cock-mongling son of a bitch. These games are best played blind.
>>
File: make_contact.jpg (88 KB, 815x1037) Image search: [Google]
make_contact.jpg
88 KB, 815x1037
>>331038035
Don't forget to make contact berfore you leave.
>>
I think the most badass looking outfit is the Crow set but it says I have to beat Cainhurst Crow Hunter and the fight is fucking hard by yourself, what level should I be when I fight him? I'm doing a SKL build if that helps

It says you can cheese him but it was patched.
>>
>>331038379
Yeah a Platinum is 100% not happening
>>
I'm still trying to beat Paarl.
>>
>>135375694
>>
>>331039613
>Don't target
>Attack foot until he staggers
>Switch to other foot and he'll stagger again when he gets up
>Visceral
Fight's over.
>>
>>331039613
What other areas have you done? I didn't fight Paarl until after The One Reborn and I wiped the floor first try.
>>
>>331040609
I just can't dodge his attacks. They seem so unpredictable.
>>331040691
Right after BSB.
>>
>>331040794
>Right after BSB.
My advice is to come back later if you're hitting a stone wall desu. Wait till shit really goes south then come back, you'll have a much easier time of it.
>>
>>331040794
He's fast but he also staggers very easy. Just keep wailing on him. Get behind him and smack those footsies.

>>331040691
Waaayy too late to make that fight interesting. I reccomend doing it after beating both Amelia and BSB, but doing it after the Shadows is also somewhat acceptable. After Rom and you're a scrub faggot.
>>
>>331040794
That's early but he is 100% beatable at that point
>>
>>331039498
If you have PS+ you could save scum it, which I plan to do. No shame because I have a thing against playing a game right after I beat it
>>
>>331039613
>can't dodge to the side
>can't dodge forward
>have to backstep all of his attacks
>the second he finishes, he fucks off to the back of the map, or even worse, starts charging his fuck off lightning blast while you're stuck in an animation

I just stunlocked him to death with the Hunter Axe R2 charge. Fuck him.
>>
>>331041492
Given that it requires getting all the items and shit, and given that I honestly am not really enjoying it that much, I can't see myself ever putting in the time or effort to bother with Trophy hunting.
>>
File: 1454801158297.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1454801158297.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>331037420
>abandoning fashion for any reason
>ever
>>
>>331041376
I don't think it needs to be interesting. He's not particularly well designed in any respect, the only thing that feels unique about him is his damage type. It's best done and forgot about imo.
>>
>>331041692
Ah well to each his own. I don't blame you though. One of the trophies requires going to the final Chalice Dungeon, and those aren't that fun until the bosses
>>
>>331038035
least enjoyable area in the game for me. aside from yahargul leading up to the one reborn.
>>
>>331037594

Stop reading guides you stupid darkie

Enjoy the thrill of exploration and discovery
>>
>>331038503
>Tfw only first tried them once
>tfw now I always get bind by the witch right when a shadow guy is near.
>>
>>331038503
right, because not reading the guides I'm sure everyone would know how and why to collect 3 of a certain something and when to use it. without guides, you're going to get the shittiest ending and miss out on a lot of content. no one would get to cainhurst castle, and it's a dope area. use guides.
>>
>>331039498
it's actually not that bad
>>
>>331041939
>those skeleton towers
>those respawning enemies
>literally hordes of monsters in small spaces
>tons of high-range monsters that aggro before you can even see them
>skelemen tower attacks can't be interrupted
Yahar'gul is a fucking joke, who thought this was OK?

Nightmare of Mensis isn't as bad but the worm-spawning guys are a pain in the dick and the frenzy hazard is kind of just unfair.
>>
>>331042131
there's a hint about the umbilical cords in the lecture hall, i believe. and besides, that's an optional thing. and getting to cainhurst really isn't rocket science
>>
>>331042131
there's using guides for particular things and using guides to look up information on bosses before you fight them, and likely every single part of the game
I didn't use guides but I found 2 umbilical cords and knew there had to be some shit behind them so I looked up what their deal was
>no one would get to cainhurst
Oh fuck off
>>
>>331036850
let me google that for you faggot
>>
>>331042515
EXACTLY!
i just ran all the way through yahar'gul to the one reborn. and i did the same in mensis all the way to the castle. FUCK frenzy in general. it has no place in a game like this.
>>
>>331043065
i didn't even see the opening to get into the rear entrance of the clinic from the forest.
>>
File: oh-heck-no.gif (767 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
oh-heck-no.gif
767 KB, 250x250
>>331042131
>shittiest ending
No ending is truly bad.
>>
>>331036850
How are you enjoying the game, if I may ask? I was considering getting it because I'm looking for another game to play. What would you say?
>>
>>331044931
Not OP, but I'm farther than him. What's your experience like with character-action games and ARPGs?
>>
>>331045075
Honestly kind of casual, stuff like Mass Effect and Skyrim, but I don't mind a bit of a challenge.
>>
>>331045669
>casual
Bloodborne will fuck you senseless, and you'll like it.
>>
>>331042131
Oooor

You could just play the game multiple times and try new things with each playthrough
>>
>>331045859
Bloodborne wasn't that hard, I am pretty shit at vidya, but I still beat it relatively easy without any help.
>>
>>331045669
Well, Bloodborne is challenging, but since you haven't played more technical or fast-paced games (DMC et al), I don't think that the way the game works will bother you so much.

For someone like me who's more experienced with this sort of gameplay, there's a lot of weirdness in the balance. Action delays, I-frame windows, etc.
It's weird. Even compared to earlier Souls games.

But that probably won't be a problem to you.
>>
Executioner set is the most balanced
>>
>>331046187
Did you read his post? Mass Effect and Skyrim. It's going to make a woman of him.
>>
>>331046463
I never played any of those., but I never played KH 2 beyond standard if you want to gauge how casual I am.
>>
ITT: retarded millenials
>>
Find the cover hunter set on the hidden entrance to the sewers, by the bridge leading to Cleric Beast
>>
>>331037594
Wait what? Your first time and you know what bosses are coming? Why the fuck would you do that? Just play the game till you get stuck.
>>
>>331046989
ITP: I don't know what a millennial is
>>
>>331042131
Cainhurst is reached by simply exploring, fuck off, when you find the Cainhurst summons it tells you to go to the Witch's Abode too
>>
>>331047716
It tells you to go to Hemwick crossing, not Witch's Abode.
>>
>>331047617

16 year olds who read entire guides and go online seeking out optimal strategies before even starting the game. A single player RPG no less.

Basically the same as watching an LP.
>>
>>331048086
>16 year olds
The millennial generation starts in the '80s you fuck
>>
>>331038752
Wonderous Malformed Thing
You've Come To The Right Place.
>>
im stuck on martyr logarius i think i might try to go for the darkbeast paarl
>>
I did the entire game in the Henryk set. BB, and even the other games, you can beat the game in whatever. The shitty sets will definitely require upgrading though
>>
What level is recommended for the DLC? I can't beat Ludwig, even after 100 tries.
>>
>>331051719

I beat him at around 36 when I was trying to get the Rakuyo early. Summon Valtr. He helps a ton with the first stage.
>>
File: lonk.png (248 KB, 652x352) Image search: [Google]
lonk.png
248 KB, 652x352
>>331052156
>summon

but that's like giving up
>>
>>331049367
Paarl is much easier at the level you probably are. Logarius can be pretty hard, maybe upgrade more your weapons and get some extra vitality/main stat damage

>>331051719
I think you're supposed to be at least 60 or 70, but the first time i did i was 90 and had a relatively easier time, meanwhile on my second character i was like 45~50 and got my ass handed to me plenty of times
>>
>>331045075
I never played a Dark Souls game and am loving Bloodborne. Get it.
>>
>>331042131
Collecting 3 1/3 pieces is relatively easy by exploring.
No, the problem is the consuming them part, since that's something precious games condition you not to
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.