[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the Blair Witch Project of video games? >Scary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: residentevil6.jpg (83 KB, 580x864) Image search: [Google]
residentevil6.jpg
83 KB, 580x864
What's the Blair Witch Project of video games?

>Scary as hell
>People thought it was real
>>
> people thought blair witch was real
U wot?
>>
>>331033841
>Being this underaged
>>
>>331033718
Sad Satan for that "Oooh sp00ky deep web gaem" and non-stop screaming in your ears?
>>
>>331033718
Fucking love this movie and literally nobody agrees with me.
>>
>>331033841
they actually put a fair amount of effort into making the film seem real.
They created fake police reports and the actors in the film were listed on imdb as 'missing; presumed dead' or something like that for a year or so after it came out.
>>
>>331033718
>>Scary as hell
>>People thought it was real

There are plenty of scary games but only Anita Sarkeesian can't distinguish between a videogame and reality, so you need to find the intersection of those two, which is not that easy
>>
>>331036191
This movie is creepy as fuck.
>waking up to find your camp surrounded by stacks of rocks
>the sounds of all the sticks breaking in the distance at night
>their friend crying out for help all night

It does have some weak parts like all the walking around arguing that didn't really add anything and felt like filler to me.
>>
>>331036191
People are just sick of it because it got fucking beyond matrix bullet time levels of parodies afterwards.
The memes made this movie the legendary low budget success that it was and then the memes made it into a laughing stock.
>>
File: image.jpg (759 KB, 506x4096) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
759 KB, 506x4096
>>331033718
was blair witch the dark souls of horror movies?
>>
>>331037269
I imagine the Dark Souls of horror movies would be one of Rob Zombie's movies
>>
>>331033718
>nothing happens but "ooh scary... idea" the movie
>>
>>331033718
PT
>>
>>331037269
>the dark souls of persona games
you cant make this shit up
>>
>>331033841

You have to remember that the internet was just becoming mainstream and found footage as a film genre was basically unheard of.
>>
>>331036191
It's a good movie, but it really does need your full attention to truly appreciate it.
>>
>>331033718
How is anyone going to think a video game is real?
>>
LITERALLY THE MAJORAS MASK CREEPY PASTA
>>
File: blairwitch2-1.jpg (156 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
blairwitch2-1.jpg
156 KB, 640x480
>>331033718
>What's the Blair Witch Project of video games?
The Blair Witch game.
>>
>>331033718
>People thought it was real

Half Life 3
>>
>>331038528
Ironically not very similar at all
>>
>>331033718
I watched it with my parents when I was like eight.

Remember asking at the end when the movie was going to start, I thought the entire thing was like a preroll setup for an actual film.
>>
>>331033718
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cio4Bx_9A8k

I don't know man. Postal 1 was creepy enough at the time to highly disturb me into exiting the game and not touching it.
>>
Since this is a repost of a thread last night, I wanted to thank whoever posted about Marble Hornets in last night's thread. I've never heard of it but it looks like it might be good.
>>
>>331038808
this is the only thing people post when they say that game as scary
>>
Weren't there like 3 games for PC or something?

Only thing I knew about them was that they used the Nocturne engine. Fuck running them in modern computers though.
>>
>>331038459
this for real
>>
>>331038971
that's because that is the only scary thing senpai
>>
>>331038954
It starts off great but greatly dips in quality after the first 'season'.

The end was awful, I wouldn't even bother p
>>
Has there ever been a sequel to a game that completely missed the point of the original? So much so it's almost as if the game was forced into being a sequel during development?
>>
>>331039091
I only planned on watching the first season anyway, so that's fine.
>>
File: Based_On_A_True_Story.png (164 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
Based_On_A_True_Story.png
164 KB, 256x363
>>
>>331037269
>The Dark Souls of fantasy RPGs
>>
>>331039242
BK Nuts and Bolts.
>>
>>331038528
I had fucking nightmares with this game. Mostly because the neighborhood around my parents house used to be exactly like this.

I swear that i dreamt with this character waking up in the middle of nowhere and walking around with this sword in hand and the eyepatch.

I'm not sleeping tonight thanks to you.
>>
>>331036789
>It does have some weak parts like all the walking around arguing that didn't really add anything and felt like filler to me.

It's not filler. It's the reason why they got into all that shit to begin with. Besides, it's a very realistic portrayal of how people would act in a situation like that.
>>
>>331036191
I like how it never tries to represent the supernatural forces on-screen in any way. I feel like it made the film seem a lot more plausible for whatever reason.
I mean, the point of found footage is to look like a recording of a real encounter with the paranormal, but you're always going to call bullshit when a spooky ghost girl shows up, even if it's well done.

It seems more "realistic", for lack of a better term, if the supernatural forces aren't visually represented using standard horror film conventions, or at all, I think.
Wish more found footage films would do the same, desu.
>>
File: 3.jpg (19 KB, 284x300) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
19 KB, 284x300
>Want to watch the VVitch
>Not available in my cunt
>No torrent
>Not even cam rip

Just kill me
>>
File: Ishygddt.jpg (120 KB, 699x666) Image search: [Google]
Ishygddt.jpg
120 KB, 699x666
>>331033841
I really wish 4chan was age restricted, as in you have to wait 5 years upon your initial registration to even post or some shit.

I came on here when I was 19 when the site first became a thing, and it seems that the retention for the original audience is near nil.

>Go on /pol/ now
>Can't take anyone's opinion seriously because they are probably 20 year old kids who study liberal arts degrees and "know it all"
>Can't go on /v/ anymore because it's just a bunch of 20 year old betas white knighting for the nearest Indie dev and Nintendo
>Cowadooty is apparently cool and for "hardcore gamers!". Ok.
>Go on /v/ in 2010 and it's a gold mine of original threads, actual interesting ideas, and people dedicated to the hobby. You'd see countless RTS threads alongside E3 and proper convention threads
>Go on /v/ in 2016 and it's a SJW cuck fest where having entire threads dedicated to Nintendo plastic toys is somehow on-topic of being video game related

Any of you cunts who think it'll never happen to you, guess again. I'm a married career fag with the first kid on the way, and I'm still on this shit hole.

>You're here for life
>You are going to get to witness the same decline of your favorite shit just like I did
>You'll have to contend with little faggots who are going to tell you it's fine for video games to be a shell of their former selves, and who will be forking out hundreds of dollars for cheap plastic statues of Nintendo shit because "it's part of the hobby :)"
>You are going to have to stomach the idea of people who despise your hobby and call it cancerous, actually having an impression on said hobby

You little shits laugh now, but time is not a friend to anyone.
>>
>>331040135
/v/ has ALWAYS been hugely pro-Nintendo though. At least since around 2009,
>>
>>331040135
Posts like this that kills /v/ each and everyday.
>>
>>331033718
>>People thought it was real
but how can a game do this , they can put the best music , the best looking map and a scary af monster.
But it will keep on being not real.

I suppose a game like that old web point and click game , that had real persons to be the monster , it was a damn good game.

Anyone remember this? you needed to leave the baby room watching your steps to not make noise (a balance mini game with A & D) if you dont do it the MC looks back and get killed by a baby monster
>>
>>331040135
4chan has always been a 'diamond in the rough' kinda thing. I've been posting here for 10 years and it was never any different. Not every thread's a winner, kid.

Fuck it feels so long. What have I done...
>>
>>331040913
>but how can a game do this
Maybe one of those LARP games could pull it off.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.