[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New with Unity, should I use JavaScript or C#?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: unity-2264830[1].jpg (70 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
unity-2264830[1].jpg
70 KB, 1600x1200
Already know both but which is better for unity or it is the same?
>>
>>331021437
technically no difference, but I personally hate typing Java with passion. Everything's sooo fuuuckiiing looong.

Good thing you can do tons of fancy stuff with zero traditional coding if you wish.
>>
Java is for cocksuckers.
Always use C#.
>>
>>331021437
no difference, except that java is primarily used by losers and sissies.
>>
>>331022079
Use C++ whenever applicable, default back to C# if not.
I really wish for Java's death game developing wise.
>>
Java is not JavaScript, you people have your heads up your asses.
>>
>>331022079

How to spot someone who doesn't know shit about programming.
>>
>>331022741
Wait. That wasn't a typo by OP? It seriously uses JavaScript?
>>
File: 1456859894495.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1456859894495.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>Using Unity
>Using Java
>>
>>331022860

It's not really JavaScript, but it's so close most people can't tell the difference.
>>
>>331022860
They call it UnityScript, but it's JS.
>>
>>331022079
>>331022052
>>331022406
>>331022149
Java isnt JavaScript and has nothing to do with JavaScript you massive dumbasses.
But thanks for outing yourself as having no coding experience.
>>
File: 1449611502048.jpg (10 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
1449611502048.jpg
10 KB, 239x211
Haha why would you use java
>>
>>331022956
>>331023008

My god. What was their decision behind that?
>>
>>331021437
C# bro, code will run faster (Depending on how good you are of course)
>>
>>331023086
I think it's because people seriously don't think that they'd use JavaScript as an interface.
>>
>>331023153

Like I said, it's not exactly JavaScript. It has classes and variables are strongly typed. It's also compiled and not interpreted.
>>
>>331023153
simplicity and combatibility.
You can mix and match JS, C# and some simple scripts, all you want in Unity.
>>
>>331023275
No its because /v/ keeps parroting stuff being posted on here, like always, while making it obvious the only line of code they ever have to do with is barcode in their minimum wage job as cashier.
>>
>>331023409
I've barely ever done anything with JS outside of calculators and memory games back then in school, since once I started working, when you think about web applications, you also have databases tied in and then it's off to PHP with you.

How's OOP with JS/US?
>>
>>331023086
What a dumb pieces of shit. They just repeat stuff they've read
>>
high-level programming language > low-level programming languages

Former is the future. Latter is for "hurr look at me I'm so hardcore" old farts. The highest the level, the better. In a world that is becoming more and more digital and less analogic, you don't need to talk at the machine directly.
>>
>>331024902
You know that both of those are high level? You know that barely anyone outside of a few coders for Intel, IBM, contributors to linux and so on uses low level programming?
Did you just wake up from cryostasis after 60 years?
>>
>>331025538
JS is higher than C#. That's all one needs to know.
>>
If you still believe in object oriented programming you are the worst cancer in history of mankind.
>>
>>331023086
It's because people cant be fucked typing the whole word out you dumb fuck
>>
>>331021437
C#, in my opinion

>>331025823
Please explain your ideas to a naive scripter
>>
>>331024902
Are you retarded? All of the mentioned ones are high level languages.

Yes. Assembly is perhaps unnecessary, but damn, does RCT run well on a potato.
>>
>>331025716
No its not both use the same paradigm and hence have the same level of abstraction.

If you want to go higher you need to shift paradigms and for example go functional, which feels like getting fucked in the ass by 10 niggers with 30 inch dicks simultaniously and is pretty much useless for video games
>>
The amount of disinformation in this thread is amusing
>>
>>331025916
then say JS
it's even shorter and isn't referring to an entirely different thing within this context
>>
>>331025823
Too dumb to learn it?

Excuse me while I take my abstract classes for a walk and make objects left and right, while you scroll through 5 Million lines of duplicated code.
>>
>>331026043
You pretending to know something is way more hilarious.
>>
>>331021437
I started with Javascript, but eventually moved over to C# because more and more tutorials were using C#. Though honestly...i didn't find a huge difference, sometimes i get some JS code people post and it takes maybe a minute or so to bring it over to C#. Seems interchangable but alot of people say C# can do more. No idea though, not a tech person, I am an art guy.
>>
>Hey guys should I use C++, C# or Java?
>Depends on what you want to do
>Can you tell me the difference between them?
>Depending on what you want to do, one is better than the others
>Jesus fucking christ, alright, I'll just work with C#
>LOL YOU USE C#? DO YOU EVEN PROGRAM BRO?

I fucking hate asking programmers for advice
>>
>nobody even mentions that Unity is deprecating JavaScript support and moving toward supporting only C# (and maybe Boo? or maybe not? Is Unity still going to be made in Boo?)

If you know both you should know why C# is better for Unity and why you should never ask about how to make games on /v/. These fucks still talk about how "Bethesda needs to make a new engine".
>>
They're mostly the same other than the syntax to make stuff happen. The difference is that unity's JS does extra things behind the scenes to work so it will tend to be slightly slower than doing the same things in C#, especially if you're inexperienced and just settle with anything you see "working."
>>
>>331026939
Lol i had the same problem. ArtFag, not a CodeFag, so i had no idea. Eventually I just used C# cause more tutorials were using it. I still dont know what does which things better. Lol.
>>
>>331027227
>Boo
Boo's like Unity's version of Python right?
>>
>>331026939
It does depend on what you want to do and you'll get made fun of for using nearly every language you insecure baby
>>
>>331021437
Avoid UnityScript like the plague.
Use C# instead.
UnityScript's compile times are hella slow compared to C#.
>>
>>331021437
C#, always.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.