[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games where violence is not the answer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: forces.jpg (68 KB, 695x621) Image search: [Google]
forces.jpg
68 KB, 695x621
What are some games where violence is not the answer?
>>
Undertale
>>
TES with illusion magic. Sometimes that ends successfully.
>>
In almosty every game violence is always one of the possible answers and it always feels good and rewards you the most.
>>
>>331018349
Kinda. Non-violent solutions tend to reward more XP at the onset, but when factoring in the XP you'd get from killing dudes in the process, it's middling. Violent conflict tends to net you bigger rewards on the whole, I agree.
>>
>>331017961
>that ice level
why
>>
Deus Ex and Dishonored
>>
File: YETI.jpg (116 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
YETI.jpg
116 KB, 512x512
>>
Fuck the ace bunyon races on that game for the vita... Only thing holding me back on that platinum.
>>
>>331018628
It usually also is more interesting to go in open conflict and fight some enemies. Dishonored comes to mind as the biggest offender, they give you so many cool weapons and offensive options that going stealth feels lame.

Witcher series especially Witcher 3 sidequests are a step forward as combat doesn't feel very good and rewards you with close to zero XP. It kind of feels nice to resolve a complicated conflict without even drawing your sword and yet get all the cool rewards.
>>
>>331018725
Daily reminder that the Yeti enemies were literally coded wrong so that their attacks have too small a wind up animation and that's most of the reason they're insatiable snow rapists
>>
Styx.
There's a reason why you're sneaking around. Almost all of your enemies can pick you up with one hand. And many of them can't even be killed by your dagger.
>>
File: 1433948128949.jpg (72 KB, 600x992) Image search: [Google]
1433948128949.jpg
72 KB, 600x992
>>331017961

Are there any MMOs where you can reasonably hit the level cap through non-violence?
>>
>>331021531
That explains a lot.
>>
File: Snowbeast_award.jpg (37 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Snowbeast_award.jpg
37 KB, 600x450
>>331021531
They were so bad it created a snowbeast award which was given to who created the worst part of the game
>>
Gears of War.
>>
>>331022153
Define "reasonably."

Most MMOs at least begin with quests that involve "Kill X pathetic mobs" and those would almost be required to pick up any skills that grant Exp.

You may be able to to it in WoW by just leaving your starter zone without completing violent quests.Exploration Exp can take you up a few levels, and holiday events often award Exp without killing anything -- baking cookies during Winter's Veil, discovering bonfires during the Midsummer event, etc. Gathering skills award Exp once you start putting them to use at level 5 -- unless that was lowered to 1, in which case, you can pick flowers and mine stuff from your first login until you cap.
>>
>>331018725
>>331021531
The name of the man responsible for that level is Tony Garcia. Remember that the next time you remember getting gang raped by yetis.
>>
>>331022653

I guess "reasonably" is a pretty vague word. I was tempted to try a non-violent character in World of Warcraft after hearing about healers who were able to hit the level cap without killing anything, but reading about the steps they had to take just feels tedious and involves way too much waiting. It's clear that pacifism isn't really encouraged in WoW, which makes pacifism less "reasonable" as an option.
>>
>>331022653
>Define "reasonably."
Wouldn't take more than 20% of the time required to hit the level cap normally.

I guess you'd have to make optional quests that grant you lot of XP for complicated non-violent actions like gathering shit or something.
>>
>>331022992

I was pretty fascinated by how a casual game like Puzzle Pirates makes non-violent activities like ship repair and crafting just as challenging as combat. It feels like MMOs should have more complex minigames for crafting that rewarded higher skill with higher quality items. Most MMO crafting is just "collect items and wait a while for the items to finish."
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.