[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy that keeps saying that Halo Reach had a shit story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1458133300281.jpg (316 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458133300281.jpg
316 KB, 1920x1200
>that guy that keeps saying that Halo Reach had a shit story
How can these degenerates exist? Halo Reach is the best Halo, by far.
-Best aesthetic.
-Best music.
-Best characters.
-Best weapons.
-Best mission Objective: Survive.
-Best sense of urgency.
-Best vehicles.
-Best cameos.

And people say it's the worst Halo? Punk ass bitches.
>>
File: Doc's on the house.png (43 KB, 222x282) Image search: [Google]
Doc's on the house.png
43 KB, 222x282
>Halo anything
>>
>>331005030
>being a memer
>>
>>331004897
Also it has best Spartan II.
>>
>>331004897
Found the guy that hasn't read The Fall of Reach.
>>
>>331006161
>reading videogame books
Also the videogame canon will always be the main canon, so suck it.
>>
>>331006246
>the books came first
>novels established the lore and canon before the games were out
>had a continuity set up until 343 started to enter the picture
>>
>>331004897
Reach was the death of the series senpai, that's how bad it was.
>>
>>331006403
Reach was made by Bungie, fuccboi.
>>
>>331006403
Bungie broke there own continuity with reach (disregarding the best book) niggah. If anything 343 pays more tribute and attention to details of the Halo universe than Bungie did.

Reach is easily the worst game in the franchise.
>bloom (rng bullet recognition)
>map design pulled from campaign which leads to shit multiplayer
>armor abilities are pointless and broken (armor locke/ sprint not being default)
>breaking their own canon in favor for a generic story filled with blank slate punks (beyond George) who have less personality than all of blue team or osaris in 5
>shit progression system
>irrelevant ranks

It's shit senpai
>>
>>331006868
>map design pulled from campaign which leads to shit multiplayer
>multiplayer kid
opinion discarded.
>>
>>331006141
>tfw Jorge killed himself and in the end it didn't even matter.
>>
>>331004897
I'm going to have to disagree with some of these. Halo Reach is a great game, I loved the campaign, the missions, the look, the feel, whatever.
The problem I thought was the characters. They were poorly developed and just seemed to be wedged in there. Emile and Jorge had some interesting clashes but that's about it. I only felt attached to Noble 6 because I played as him/her the entire game. When the others died I didn't really care because I didn't feel connected. ODSTs characters were well done.
Also the voice acting at certain points were lame as fuck. That whole part in the first mission where the marine was saying "mayday mayday, covenant got me pinned, etc" it was so unenthusiastic.
I know Bungie stated that the games lore > the novels lore but I think I would have preferred if Reach followed Chief's story.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Reach but it wasn't the best. And the custom games were somewhat watered down compared to 3. Forge was great though and there were new features to create different custom games.
It has its flaws but it isn't shit
>>
>>331007026
Bitch did you decide to ignore my criticisms of the campaign too? I judge games as complete products and actually base it off of everything within the work. I don't cherry pick or zero in on whats bad. Also if you don't recognize that Halo has had a huge multiplayer and single player focus sense Halo 2 then you are a idiot.
>>
>>331004897
It has a pretty great campaign. It's just a terrible shame Reach's multiplayer was so god awful.
>>
>>331007309
>multiplayer babby
I said opinion discarded, I'm not even going to bother reading your shit.
>>
>>331007248
>muh chief
I'm tired of the chief at this point. Though I don't like team Osiris in Halo 5.
>>
>>331007809
I just felt like his story was more interesting than what Nobel team had to offer.
Don't get me wrong, I want Chief's story to come to a conclusion (end of 3) instead of having him butchered by 343 but I don't think a prequel with him could have been so bad. Even if it was just blue team.
>>
>>331006703
>>331006868
No shit Bungie made Reach you faglords, that doesn't mean M$ wasn't already aware that they planned to take the franchise in a different direction with a new studio; some devservice is necessary to make sure THEY have some continuity to their story.

Also, that's saying a lot considering Traviss took the wheel.
>>
>>331004897
Halo 5's THREE MILLION daily players would disagree with you.

The dedication and support on the multiplayer alone outweighs the leaps Reach made.

There's still paid fucking DLC on Reach too, fuck that
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.