[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who else /scalper/ here? Any good profits revently? Score any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4
Who else /scalper/ here?

Any good profits revently? Score any cool pickups?

I managed to sell the 4 extra Pokemon N3DS for $300-$330 each.
>>
that guy most really LOVE rosalina
>>
>>330998013
I rob scalpers.

I see them walking out of a store with 5 systems and just drive by and take their bag.
>>
>>330998013
I wonder if that guy committed suicide after Kimishima popped the Amiibo bubble.
>>
>>330998093
No, he hates the character so bought up hundreds of Amiibos so other people couldn't
And then they started doing reprints anyways
>>
>>330998416
SUUUUUUUURE. :^)
>>
>>330998013
kill yourself
>>
>>330998115

Stop lying, you probably get mommy to drive you to gamestop.
>>
I honestly don't see why people hate scalpers. Just because you didn't have the opportunity to get something doesn't mean its anyone elses fault.

Had work? Should have called off. Got sick? Push through it. Can only order online? Stop using your parents credit card.

You only have yourself to blame if you cant secure something you want.

You also dont have to buy it at those rediculous prices. You could always wait for a reprint.
>>
File: 1444535805742.png (122 KB, 400x431) Image search: [Google]
1444535805742.png
122 KB, 400x431
>I hate this fictional character so much I'm going to buy all these children's toys so that other children don't get to have them
>>
File: Girls Laughing.jpg (77 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
Girls Laughing.jpg
77 KB, 600x536
>>330998801
>being this much of a cuck
>>
>>330998801
>had work? Should have called off.
Enjoy getting fired scalper apologist.
>>
>>330998813
>children get to have them
Not even close to reality
>>
>>330999183
manchildren are still children, senpai
>>
>>330998801
Some scalpers use software to buy items as soon as they're put out.
>>
>>330999084
I scalp AT work on ebay. I ordered 2 limited edition ps4 20th anniversary editions and sold them while i was working.

my manager does the same thing except with nike shoes.

>>330999039
Nah, the cucks would be the ones that pay me if anything.
>>
Given how the NX is going to have a heavy focus on Amiibos, the golden age of scalping is just starting.
>>
>>330999039
Are they not sluts anymore?
>>
>>330998813
pretty much.

http://archive.is/CjeDn
>>
>>330999431
got my credit card just in time too.
>>
File: fates.jpg (42 KB, 425x536) Image search: [Google]
fates.jpg
42 KB, 425x536
>>330998013
>bought 10 of pic related for 70EUR each across several stores (because most have this bullshit rule that 1 person - 1 CE)
>pretty much sold out within first hour
>people already put their copies on ebay for 150EUR+

I think I'll wait for the price to go > 200EUR

EU version
>>
>>330998801
Artificial scarcity.

I shouldn't have to explain basic Economics to you. Scalpers are cancer, giving corporations and shitty entertainers undue legitimacy.
>>
>>330999650
Im so glad piracy exists.
>>
>>330999650
Good job. Last thing i snagged was 9 copies of Fallout 4 Pipboy edition.

3 on pc, 3 on xbone, 3 on ps4.

preordered them immediately from amazon right when it was announced ans sold them for $350 each.

easiest money ive ever made.
>>
>>330999605
best of luck, but realize that Nintendo now got the amiibo release situation better managed by producing even more stocks on toys. You might have already missed the boom, and there's no guarantee NX is gonna take off.
>>
>>330999767
>Artificial scarcity
I love this meme.
>>
>>330999545
Fuck Mario teh Plummer that guy is autistic and then the feminist use that as another #hateallwhitemen. The whole thing is stupid, who cares what one tiny fucktard does on the web.
>>
Still have to sell
>Fire Emblem special edition 3ds
>Zelda LBW 3ds
>New 3ds Pokemon edition
>Megaman 1:1 replica helmet
>Fire Emblem fates special edition x15
>PS4 20th Anniversary edition x3

feels bad. i buy them then forget to list them. ill get to it eventually.
>>
>>331000006
it's fucktards like MtP that gives all us /v/irgins a bad light.

fuck at least i gave you guys an archive. I wanted a different article but i found rage to replace it.
>>
>>331000004
it's a pretty important meme that lots of people tend to forget
>>
>>330999965
>scalping the NX

All that has to come to light is hardware under the PS4/Xbone specs or an awful gimmick, and that motherfucker will be selling well below MSRP.
>>
>>330999826
This is how I'm playing special edition lol
>>
>>331000142
It's a Nintendo console. It will sell like hotcakes regardless of hardware or gimmicks.
>>
>>331000142
If NX takes off like Wiis, then the system will have a healthy life and you scalpers will have a nice little fatness to your wallets.

but Nintendo isn't exactly seen in the most stellar of lights lately, with the shakey console launches, Iwata's Death and uncertain future.

but if you can make a buck on it then you saw a profit at least.
>>
>>330998013
That retard wasted so much money on those and I got mine for 13 bucks once they restocked them. What an idiot. Then again, it's a scalper.
>>
>>330998013
Scalpers must die.
>>
>>330999650
That's because people are stupid. All EU limited editions are everywhere and are everything but 'limited'.
>>
>>331000004
How is it not? Example:

It'd be one thing for an artist's concert to sell out of all of their tickets naturally. The artist is doing very well and pleasing crowds, and the sales directly tie to that.

With scalpers, an artist sells out of tickets regardless of their production's quality, leading to stagnant or reduced customers as cost-cutting is taken on.
>But it's short term - if the artist isn't any good, no one will buy the tickets and then scalpers won't buy the tickets.
And the scalpers ensured just that kind of failure by telling the artist it's okay to suck (absent any other satisfaction measuring guidelines).

This same thing applies to other scalping as well.
>>
>>331000582
Well, this one seems to be pretty limited. Sold out faster than NA version, like 5 stores I sent email to already confirmed that they won't receive any more copies...

So yeah, I feel pretty safe with my purchase.

Worst case scenario - I sell them at the cost I bought them.

Best case scenario - I sell them tripling or quadrupling money I've spent.
>>
>>331000818
I have reserved today my copy in my country, i don't know about other countries.

Good luck, i guess.
>>
>>331000927

try to reserve 3 or 4 more.
>>
>>331000352
Yeah, about 3 million hotcakes.

>>331000371
>If the NX takes off like the Wii
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AH. AHHHHHHHHHH.
Lemme stop you right there. Oh god, that's hilarious.

See, smartphones already are the entertainment device of choice for the mass market that bought the Wii, when smartphones were in their infancy. Nobody is going to fuck with a second piece of hardware. We're already having trouble selling controllers for smartphones.

Speaking of which, GODDAMN IT SAMSUNG, YOUR GAMEPAD ISN'T USING SLIDE PADS AND IS MISSING L2/R2, YOU DENSE FUCKS.
>>
>>331000004
Hoarding to sell later on is a form of artificial scarcity.

http://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/5764/volumes/v02/NA-02

>>331000731
If the artist is shit enough the scalper can't sell all his tickets and ends up losing money, meaning he'll look for someone else to work on.

Especially since the remaining tickets go up in price while demand lowers.
>>
>>331001184

mfw i unintentionally hoard to scalp later when i should just be flipping them instantly.

i dont get a lot of sleep though, once i get home from work, i pass out

>tfw you work and scalp at the same time.
>>
>>331001105
notice I put IF in there, as in a possible variable in an outcome.

We don't know if Nintendo has a hook.
>>
>>331001184
>If the artist is shit enough the scalper can't sell all his tickets and ends up losing money, meaning he'll look for someone else to work on.

Is that some sort of defense? Because I already addressed that (save for the obvious vicious cycle).
>>
>>330999650
Does EU nintendo even have shit to scalp? The only thing i could think of is the bayo first print edition. But most of the collectors shit is widely available in stores.
>>
>>331001543
Fair enough - but that 'If' is GIGANTIC.
>>
>>330998626
We have EB games here my friend
>>
>>331001821
yeah. pretty much every console out there is eating smartphone's sloppy seconds anyway. Developers are more trained in iOS than any form of program, it's gonna be a shitty time to come for gaming on any platform.
>>
>>331002024
Thats silly, absolutely silly.

There are two, big, distinct market. Console/pc gamers, and mobile gameing.

Mobile gameing cant push out console/pc gaming, full stop.

People still want their mobas, battlefields, cods, mmo, etc.
>>
>>331000004
>I love this meme.
I love the "I love this meme" meme
>>
>>331000062
eBay link? give a bro a deal on one of those PS4s?
>>
>>330998801
>Had work? Should have called off.
Thats not how it works
>>
>>331002149
PC, while never going away, is seeing a shitton of indie and phone trash for sale on steam. looking for games to play on it sometimes i can never be sure if worth the time.

but you know shit companies like Microsoft want to blur the line between PC and Phone/tablet. which will in turn affect PC games and culture.
>>
>>331002149
>People still want their mobas, battlefields, cods, mmo, etc.

Which Nintendo doesn't delve in.

Most of what they do can be adapted to mobile. Even Star Fox, Zelda, and platformers can be fully adapted with a good controller.
>>
>mfw i preordered the ryu and roy amiibos
suck muh dyeck scalpers
>>
>>331002387
>is seeing a shitton of indie and phone trash for sale on steam.

That's because ports are super easy and cheap to do, and for no other reason.

>but you know shit companies like Microsoft want to blur the line between PC and Phone/tablet.

Again that's because ports are super easy to do, and more importantly, cheap.

The moment Mobile gaming can compete with PC or console as the moment that it becomes irrelevant because they're able to deliver the same amount of content.
>>
>>331002474
His point was not only about Nintendo but gaming in general which is where I take issue. Nintendo indeed has itself in a bad spot and I don't think it will recover, it will go the way of sega and just become a software distributor.
>>
>>331002617
the conundrum of

>The moment Mobile gaming can compete with PC or console as the moment that it becomes irrelevant because they're able to deliver the same amount of content.

is there will be one universal control scheme for this. Either Tappy shit or Kb+M or a mishmash of the two, but if everything becomes tappy shit later on as the lines eventually do blur, I'll just play dead consoles. I'll find my nearest scalper to get me started in leaving the future behind.
>>
>>331002724
Fair, but what I'm saying is, Nintendo is definitely it's own and different monster than just "Console Gaming." It has a wholly different, niche demand.

Which would be a much BROADER DEMAND if they just got on mobile.

Fuck, I hope the NX is a "controller" for mobile.
>>
>>330999398
>my manager

McDonald's job. It explains everything.
>>
>>331002875
>is there will be one universal control scheme for this.

To suggest that there would not be an insane amount of peripherals, both primary and aftermarket is stupid as fuck.

This is not soviet russia
>>
>>331002965
I think Nintendo SOFTWARE is a brand of its own.

I think its hardware is not.
>>
I sold my Yeezys for £900
>>
Fuck you dude, I wanted one of those n3ds'
>>
>>331003252
Devs are getting lazier and will forgo multiple control schemes for one.

I'm for all kinds of shit to play games with but the Devs are who make this decision first.
>>
>>330998801
You think I'm gonna take a day off of work and lose out on $86 for some plastic kid's toy? I'm not THAT big of a manchild.
>>
>>331003684
>but the Devs are who make this decision first.

False man, false.

The customer makes the decision first second, and last.

Devs can decide to ruin their games, the customer wont buy it and it will fail.
>>
>>331003335
They're practically the same value proposition, at this point. Seeing as Nintendo's third-party support is non-existent.

But yes, that's exactly why people bought the PS4/Xbone instead. The specs were superior (even if the visual fidelity wasn't such a great leap, it doesn't matter).
>>
>>330998013
I sold my Project Zero 5 SE for 234.85 euros to some americuck. Prople can really be desperate.
>>
>>331001717
It's not a defense of scalpers, it's a refutation of your complaint about shitty artists selling out constantly because of scalpers.

If an artist can't fill the whole booking otherwise, then the scalper incurs the costs of tickets not sold. He still might make money even if he can't sell all the tickets, though.

And if you didn't know that price alters demand, you should read up on microeconomics, it's pretty quick.
>>
>>331003937
if I go to an option menu and change the controls, that's the devs thinking of the consumers

if i have to go into hidden files to fix it, the dev is not thinking of the consumers, but after fix i can enjoy game my way.

if the dev bitches on twitter that people are "hacking" their game to fix bullshit, they are anti-consumer and we should never buy their game.
>>
>>331004163
If the consumer cannot play the game due to asinine control schemes then the game wont sell, its that simple.
>>
>>330998013
This guy has some serious problems.
>>
>>331004052
The artist might have IMPROVED their skills and/or production to be able to sell out minus the scalpers.
Scalpers, however, kill that realm of feedback.

Also, quit trying in vain to sound intelligent, because I already addressed price altering demand way way earlier.
>>
>>331004597
if Scalpers feel the interest to scalp something, there is an audience the scalper may be aware of that would desire that something and is gaming that audience.

shitty fucking middleman.
>>
>>331004879
And even if they come in in the middle or late stages of a career, the same principle applies, as the stakes usually must be turned up as the career progresses.

And if we're talking about products, the variables are reduced drastically (if not completely eliminated).
>>
>>331004597

By raising the price of tickets, scalpers signal music executives that the artist is worth more than what they're charging. Good (well, more popular) artists command higher prices from scalpers thus receiving more support from music executives by, say, booking them for larger venues or funding their next album.

If scalpers were not allowed to purchase tickets, it would be impossible to compare two artists once they've both reached the point where they fill houses. Eg, if two indie artists are capable of filling a 200-seat shithole it would be impossible to compare the two without scalpers.

To argue that price discover _obscures_ information is inane.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.