[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A severely lacking open world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: the witcher 3.jpg (142 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
the witcher 3.jpg
142 KB, 600x860
So why do people say that The Witcher III finally did an open world right? It's just as bad as any other open world game. "Exploration" is just hopping between question marks on the world map and they're almost always Bandit Camp #432 or Monster Nest #643. Besides the question marks there's nothing unique offered by exploring. No real dungeons, and all the content is just found in towns and cities.

Exploring in The Witcher III is like sailing between the Monster Watchtowers in The Wind Waker.
>>
>using map with icons
>using map related UI
>using mini-map at all
They gave you the choice and you chose wrong. Kill yourself.
>>
>he plays with map markers on
>>
>>330996463
>"Exploration" is just hopping between question marks
Yes, traveling which is "hopping" like you said. Every open world game has it. Your point?
> No real dungeons
Define "real dungeons".
>nd all the content is just found in towns and cities.
No, it's not.
>>
>you have to gimp yourself to make the game good!

At least MGSV is still fun with reflex mode on
>>
>>330997383
>I don't like the question marks!
>better not remove them and rather bitch about them
>>
>>330997475
It's just poor design
>>
>>330996463
>not finding a dead Dwarf with a treasure map
>not finding a sunken cave with a crazy necromancer torturing Witchers
>not finding rare recipes for alchemy in abandoned forts
>not doing impromptu rescue missions only peeling back a layer and doing a side quest lasting 2 hours in the middle of a forest

welp, guess you didn't play the game or you hate FUN
>>
>>330997661
Not liking "The Witcher" should be punishable crime.
>>
>>330997661
>not finding a dwarf with a treasure map
This shit has been done ever since RDR came out.
>not finding a sunken cave with....
RDR and GTA4 had strangers missions too.
>rare recipes
lots of games do this with their open worlds, Dying Light for example
>impromptu rescue missions..... ....2 hours
Dying Light again.
>>330998863
This is why people dislike witcherfags.
>>
>>330999203
So there are elements from at least 3 different games in one game to create variety in the open world.

Thanks, for the help.

And also I would love your input on how you would make it better. Anyone can bash anything, but it's harder to give constructive points.
>>
>>330999735
I have no interest in making it better, I hated the game.
>>
>>330996463

>wahhh it's not like fallout 3s open world with wacky stuff to find everywhere for no reason at all!

You obviously don't understand what makes a good open world in an rpg. The witcher 3 does open world perfectly
>>
>>330997383
>Turn off reflex mode at the beginning of the game
>Get to Quiet's bossfight
>Suddenly time slows down
>"BOSS! THE ENEMY SNIPER"
That really fucking pulled me out of the game...
>>
>>331000284

>Waa, this game sucks. I hate it.
>What would have made it better then?
>WAA, I HATE IT I SAID, IT JUST SUCKS, I DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOU A THING.
>>
>>330997647

You can just disable it in the in game menu you fucking retard. Don't want to be treated like a retard? Don't play with retard options enabled. You're worse than the shit posters who complain that the new hitman game tells you what to do while having those settings on which specifically make it so.
>>
>>331000456
Fallout 4 was shit. Nothing but the graphics improved.
The same shitty Gamebryo bugs were there and if you took one item from a table the others would float 10 inches above the place you took it form.
The same stiff animations were still present.
Even Dogmeat-who was motion captured off a real dog- looked like shit.
The game still got many GOTY awards and Dogmeat won "Best Vidya Dog companion" over fucking D-Dog.
Bethesda drone apologists are the worst.
>>
>>330997383
>Game has higher mouse sensitivity than I'd like
>better not tweak it for a better experience and just complain instead
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>331000709

They are the worst but what relevance does your post have to mine? I was agreeing with you except I was talking about fallout 3, I can't tell if you're accusing me of being an apologist. Fallout 3 and 4 are utter steaming dog shit, fallout 4 is by far my biggest mistake of 2015
>>
>>331000970
I just saw "Fallout 3" and lost it. Sorry.
They can't keep getting away with this.
>>
Counter Strike is such a shit game guys
the default mouse sensitivity is WAY too high
>>
File: Helena_Flores_Mitspielerbild.jpg (18 KB, 246x233) Image search: [Google]
Helena_Flores_Mitspielerbild.jpg
18 KB, 246x233
>>330996463
>So why do people say that The Witcher III finally did an open world right?

Who said that? This is the first time I hear this. In fact a lot of complains were that W3 was open world and not as pretty as W2.
>>
no single player open world RPG will be done "right" until commercial pc hardware can run thousands of machine learning AI's that can handle NLP and are each as powerful as IBM's Watson

which will happen in 2028 according to my calculations
>>
>>331000669
No need to get this mad anon, its just a game.
>>
I like the Witcher 3 but people in here awfully defending it are retards
>>
>>331002364
>2016
>still using the "<I agree with the opposition therefore my opinion holds more weight BUT>" fallacy on an anonymous internet forum where credentials can't be verified

nice try

>i'm a black guy but even i think white people are inferior
>>
File: Untitled.png (92 KB, 699x907) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
92 KB, 699x907
Why don't bandit camps respawn?
Why don't monster hunts pop around again?
Why are all the guards 20 levels higher than you?

It's like CDPR decided they wanted to be like Skyrim, but forgot to include the things that keep people playing the game after the main quest is finished, which is why Skyrim still has considerably more players than TW3 despite it being a 5 year old game over a 1 year old one.
>>
>>331002205
>not as pretty as W2

You talk to a lot of blind people
>>
>>331004149
The reason ppl keep "playing" skyrim is not for the game itself, but for the mods and fully modeled horse vaginas.
>>
>>331004149
Because it was made by following suit of Gothic games and not Skyrim. And Gothic had no respawns and guards pretty much wiping their asses with you unless you're in the endgame.
>>
>>330997039
The game/quest were designed with that UI in mind.
The game never gives you some advice to get to your location.
Ex : "Go to triss' house" ==> How are you sopposed to know where this is ?
>>
>>331005415
Press M, memorise the directions, go and figure it out during the stroll through streets of Novigrad.

Alternatively, there's a mod that only activates your HUD whenever you use the bitcher senses.
>>
>>331004291
Pretty much literally everyone agrees that armor design is shit tier in W3.
The rain doesn't look as awesome either.
>>
>>331005415
Some quests actually do give directions, like that haunted house in Novigrad.
But I agree that playing it without markers is a big a frustrating hassle.
>>
>>331006617
The armors are mostly pretty great, but considering most people stick with wearing the witcher gear, I can see where that's coming from. All of these but Bear are sub-par unless you craft them up to Master tier. They wanted to give them a sense of continuity, I suppose, but it just ends up looking like you wear welder's first work.

As for the rain, I enjoyed it in both pretty much the same.
>>
>>330996463
disable it
disable witcher senses too if you want (it's not like the game requires to use them even in the main quests)
now go to the menu each time you need to reach a location and memorize it

im sure you wont complain about constantly going in and out of menus, after all people didnt complain about that in mgs3
>>
First thing I did when I got the game was I just turned off the points of interest markers on the world map. I don't know why open world games do this but if you fill the map with a bunch of markers that say "go here" it really kills the sense of exploration.
>>
>>331006870
Except the mastercrafted gears are mostly overdesigned trash.
And no, the other gear mostly looks like ass as well because they went for a realistic design.
>>
>>331005415
>How are you sopposed to know where this is ?

you ask npcs for directions
>>
>>331004149
>mods
That's really the only reason
>b-but witcher has mods too
Witcher miss can't even compare to skyrim mods anon
>>
Seriously how is TW3 a good open world?
I haven't seen anyone here explain it yet.
>>
File: Xenoblade Chronicles X.jpg (113 KB, 1193x496) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade Chronicles X.jpg
113 KB, 1193x496
PS4 and Xbox cucks have nothing better to play.

For example, if you ask a Xenoblade fan why they like the game, they'll give you examples. Witcher fans will bring up the awards it won to 'prove' they are right.
>>
>>330996463
it's one of the best modern AAA open worlds but that's not saying much, all your criticism is correct and applies to all the other games. but i found myself much less bored going from place to place in Witcher than in other games. i think they did a better job of seeding discoverable things than most other devs, i'd frequently take shortcuts instead of just follow the road and usually stumble across something interesting.

i think STALKER is still the best 'open world' game if you consider it's fairly non-linear (especially with mods) even if it's not all one map. going from point A to point B is usually pretty harrowing for one reason or another. monsters, anomalies, zombies, enemy factions. maybe you find an artifact or see a building you haven't explored and discover a stash. there's a lot of tension there unlike most other games which are so easy you can play them with your eyes closed. maybe Witcher has more tension on the hardest difficulty, but the combat isn't great so it's not really worth taking the time to get super good at anyway.
>>
>>331006870
Cmon, the feline armor is amazing in my opinion. So awesome when on a boat in Skellig
>>
>>331007485
Highest tier Cat is what I went with as well. But I seriously disliked how it looked on Tier 1 (a fucking T-shirt) and 3
>>
>>330996463
Witcher 3 is ridiculously overrated. It's a good game sure, but no way it's anything above a 7.5/10
>>
File: 1453230719718.jpg (283 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453230719718.jpg
283 KB, 1920x1080
It's a beautifully handcrafted Experience™ with amazing characters, engaging combat and large open world. It's even better than Skyrim!
>>
>>331007469
STALKER is the only open world game I've played where I've genuinely looked around, checked my map actively, etc. Because otherwise I would walk into an anomaly or have a pack of wolves attack me.
It's super fucking flawed but incredibly good.
>>
>>331007629
I don't even get how people say TW3 is better than Skyrim.
>>
>>331007746
Fuck off name a better arpg you retarded bloodbornecuck

jesus christ i hate kojimadrones like you, go back to playing your shitty xenoblade
>>
>>331007571
I went with cat as it was the best for my build (swords), but yeah tier 1 was lacking. But I just enjoyed thinking of it as a privateer outfit
>>
>>330996463
stop shilling witcher 3, release blood and wine trailer already!
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.