[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just finally got around to checking out this game, more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: monhun4.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
monhun4.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
So I just finally got around to checking out this game, more particularly the demo...

I've never played a MonHun game before and I sort of like how the game plays. I miss the sale for 20 dead guy papers and now I am kind of thinking about getting it on Amazon for ~25 dead guy papers

Is this a good game to solo though?
>>
>>330995090
>Is this a good game to solo though?
It would take an insane person to solo through everything. But just the village quests, which don't even have multiplayer are 50 to 100 hours of content and then you can solo theoretically anything, so even solo it's potentially hundreds of hours.
>>
>>330995957
So would you say that multiplayer is required for certain quests? I just want to know because I tend to play my games on my train commute and if that's the case then I guess I'll just pick up Bravely Second
>>
There's a single player mode, which was the only mode I played through, which lasted me 73 hours. I didn't ever go and play the online stuff because there isn't any voice communication, and I absolutely hate typing on a 3DS. I heard from one of my friends who has around 600 hours that all monsters have health that's scaled for two players in the online missions, but they're easily manageable with some practice.
>>
>>330996141
Singleplayer and multiplayer quests are both different. If you get a quest from the singleplayer side, you can't go to the multiplayer place and queue up for people to do that specific quest with. You just do those ones completely solo.
>>
>>330996141
It's just that the game gets really really fucking hard, and having more people in the hunt, generally makes them easier.
But like I said, even the mandatory solo content is well worth the price.
And good chunk of the online missions are reasonably soloable.
>>
Solo's fine for the first half or so, but you'll start wanting other people to help out later or you'll find quests taking a long time due to monster health.

The cats are good for distractions, but they're not much help as damage dealers.
>>
>>330995090
> dead guy papers
Lol xdxd so epic op
>>
File: 1424746493020.gif (3 MB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
1424746493020.gif
3 MB, 245x263
>tfw no mh4u on vita
>>
>>330995957
Took me 200 hours to get to g rank solo. Now g rank is kicking my ass.
>>
Thinking of getting this game as well.

So what everyone is saying
>it's too fucking hard and pointless on solo.
I don't have any friends so if I have to play with another person, I'm not going to bother buying the game.
>>
>>330999729
I recently reached G-rank and corssed 200 hours. But I didn't do it solo. I soloed most of it, but occasionally played online.
>>
>>330999827
Everything is still soloable, groups just make things faster.Only monster I am confident can't be solod without risky gimmicky sets and perfect time management is the final boss, which is after 200 hours or so of gameplay.

Game also has online support so if your really stuck you can just use that.
>>
>>331000616
If i do online, do i have to communicate? I'm pretty autistic. I really don't want any interaction at all.

Is this game more difficult than the souls series?
>>
>>331000616
I soloed Gog just by using Brach dual swords with Felyne Pyro and Bombardier activated.

Took 47 minutes, but it is doable.

Even did Act of Gog solo with the Raging Brach weps.
>>
>>331001051
I find that the gameplay at G rank is harder than souls, but also a LOT more forgiving if you mess up

As for online, it's only text chat and only outside of quests, and it's mostly just "hi" or "can we do rajang next?"
>>
>>330996141

Considering I soloed through MHFU I doubt its any different here.

If you solo, you'll simply play a lot fucking more, get mad a lot more, and need to farm a lot more / git a lot better at the game.

Some content is "locked" behind multiplayer though, but the main benefit if you ask me is farming materials gets a lot fucking faster in multi.
>>
File: 1397633077841.gif (15 KB, 447x393) Image search: [Google]
1397633077841.gif
15 KB, 447x393
>>330995957
Soloing gog is the only truly insane thing, other than fully leveled guild quests I guess.
>>
>>331001924
What do you mean by forgiving? Like the enemies don't oneshot you?
>>
>>331002401
In general dark souls punishes mistakes harder, but avoiding mistakes is harder in monster hunter.
Monster hunter combat is also more complex and has a bigger emphasis on positioning and aiming.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.