[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can neo blizzard learn from their past mistakes or will they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: 1231364.jpg (531 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1231364.jpg
531 KB, 1920x1080
Can neo blizzard learn from their past mistakes or will they be repeated once again?
>>
WOW BC: SHIT

Wow WOTLK: good

WOW CATA: Shit

WOW MP: good

WOW WOD: Shit

Legion is bound to be good
>>
I don't believe Legion will be as bad as WoD.
>>
File: tumblr_n8pyi9GYnd1qgn992o1_1280.jpg (438 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8pyi9GYnd1qgn992o1_1280.jpg
438 KB, 1280x1280
>>330994983
KEK more like

BC godtier

Wotlk good at best still for wotlkbabyes

SHIT

SHIT

SHIT

SHIT

SHIT

SHIT
>>
>>330994983

>bc
>shit

Opinion discarded
>>
>>330994983
so those xpacs are only good because they had new classes.
BC is arguably the best Xpac for PVE, arena just rolled out, so no, PVP was not good back then.
without resilience and HP pools, Warlocks would jump in and gib everything.
you couldn't beat a class based on DoT because of the nature of LoS.
>>
File: 34236546.jpg (17 KB, 220x301) Image search: [Google]
34236546.jpg
17 KB, 220x301
>>330994983

Vanilla = Shit but strongest rose colored goggles

BC = Overrated as fuck, people just weren't tired of blizzards shit at this point

Wrath = Probably the best the game was but introduced more and more convenience at the expense of community

Cata = gets a bad wrap was actually pretty great when compared to the likes of WoD

MoP = Surprisingly good if you could get over Pandas

WoD = Literal dogshit only redeemed by a bretty gud leveling story.
>>
Keep expectations low, especially after WoD
>>
File: 1410013342959s.jpg (3 KB, 125x94) Image search: [Google]
1410013342959s.jpg
3 KB, 125x94
I always get keen to raid. I just love working with however many other people to accomplish shit.

This time I'm not sure if i want to get the expac. After the shitshow that was WoD there is really no reason to trust Blizz.
>>
>Class Halls
>Garrisons 2.0
The mere mention of this should make you stop playing any Blizzard game alltogether.
>>
>>330995630
If you get this itch do this.

Install Rift. It installs incredibly fast. Get to level 10, queue for instant adventures. They're like open world raids that let you tank/dps/heal/support like in a real raid and it scratches the itch really well.

It's free too and then you can just uninstall when you get over the urge.
>>
>>330995856
Unfortunately I'm an Ausfag. Playing MMO's with 200 ping is complete shit.
>>
File: 1451512021919.jpg (32 KB, 267x274) Image search: [Google]
1451512021919.jpg
32 KB, 267x274
>>330995812
wait what, garrisons again?
>>
>>330995318
>Warlocks would jump in and gib everything.

I still get my ass handed with 400 resi 4/5 S4 brutal from every other dickhead that attacks me.
>>
Legion might be good if the world-engagement gambit pays off. They're really hinging its success on how engrossing being out in the world performing objectives and farming for your artifact power will possibly be. They're also banking hard on dungeons being legitimate points of interest again, even as a mythic raider, thus giving the people that only log on 2-3 nights a week o raid something better to do than to just hug their class hall (which is just garrison lite...)/neutral zone.
>>
File: 24234234.png (25 KB, 177x276) Image search: [Google]
24234234.png
25 KB, 177x276
>>330996706
You don't have to stay there, you could do.. y'know, quests and raiding.
>>
>>330995375
>WoD = Literal dogshit only redeemed by a bretty gud leveling story.

Is the story enough to drop £25 on?
>>
>>330996861
at least you have a chance to touch them now.
back then, you literally could not touch a warlock, depending on their partner.
SL/SL lock would just dot, hide, dot, hide or fully dot you up as soon as someone opened, then life drain you through objects.
so they can sustain dps you no matter what, take no dmg in the process and also heal themselves, oh and cc and dispel and silence.
>>
>>330997132
So progression won't be locked behind them?
>>
>>330996706
From what I understand is you still send NPCs out to do missions but this time you actually have to go out to the world to meet up with them and do the quest along side them. It's not just wait 30 minutes and it's done, it's you start what's basically a daily quest

I'm not in Alpha and haven't really paid much attention to it so I dunno if that's right
>>
>>330997262
Not him, but the zones and quests are some of the best by far. Comfy towns, pretty areas, characters aren't all bad, and questing is pretty cinematic now, so it's entertaining the first time through on each side.

Still can't recommend it to anyone that intends to stay longer, though. The expansion has no content outside of raids, as garrisons do any and all other work for you.
>>
I am looking forward to it, reworking how classes and specs function was long overdue. Now all they need to do is fix professions, because I refuse to max out my professions past 600. The current state of professions is the worst it's ever been and I will have no part in it.
>>
>>330997543

Fair enough, as a filthy casual I never really raided anyway. Just dicked around with farsight or walljumping.
>>
>>330997582
I don't get the complaints about crafting professions. Like yeah gathering ones are proper fucked, and have been since WoD started but this feels like the first time I've ever been able to make a consistent and valuable profit off of Blacksmithing
>>
>>330997712
yeah i remember BS being extraordinary when everything starts out, then turns to shit as the raid tiers come to an end.
the last time i had a maxed profession was the last time i was hardcore raiding. i'll never be that dedicated to WoW ever again unless they pull a miracle hail mary.
>>
>>330994709

Why not play Nostalrius? It's free, filled with people and the server works great.

Back to vanilla, Anon.
>>
>>330996114
git gud, I top the healing meters with 220ms and if you've got reflexes it's even enough to get out of shit on the ground
>>
>>330998494
Because the pvp server is overrun with chinese and has a draw distance of mobs of less than 10 yards.

The PVE is alright but is PVE and thus shit and also behind PVP for actual content.
>>
>>330998963
Sure i could beat bad players on high ping but i would rather play with players that actually clear proper content.
>>
>>330999719
BG's/Arena aren't good PVP anyway. PVP is shitty minigames without world PVP.
>>
They're already proving that they've learned nothing.

>WoD to get another fucking content drought
>guilds leaving the major raid scene left and right due to no content and finally being done with the game
>more spewing of excuses in regards to everything
>subs at such an all time low that they won't even announce them out of shame (rumored to be below 5mil and falling at this point though)
>Ghostcrawling coming out and saying LFM was a mistake, catering to casuals mid Wrath while ignoring the longterm players was a mistake, and dumbing the game down more and more was a mistake
>all the original experienced devs long gone
>nothing but interns and new people who aren't experienced enough to create content in a timely manner
>Jay Wilson lead designer, who should've been fired after the massive D3 blunder and his shit talking the original Diablo games and devs - disrespecting the series as a whole
>company has become one of the slowest fucking creators of content in the industry, spanning a several year gap between Starcraft 2 expansions, a D3 expansion rumored to be indev, and it took them 2 fucking weeks to release 1 Hearthstone card

Blizzard is done. If not for HS making them retarded money, there'd be a giant crater where their office used to be.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.