[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Started playing this and I have no idea why /v/ is so in love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274 KB, 1920x1080
Started playing this and I have no idea why /v/ is so in love with it.

Wait, I have some idea. That sad opening sequence, right? Kinda reminded you of Up or Finding Nemo? And the graphics look okay. But the gameplay is just so dull and repetitive. The fact that you seriously just have to mash the attack button repeatedly to kill things when they are near you, just awful. And somehow this is at the top of a lot of GOTY lists.

I can't put myself through much more of this just to find out how the "le heal the forest" story ends.
>>
>>330984351
>The fact that you seriously just have to mash the attack button repeatedly to kill things when they are near you, just awful.

Maybe you should try something else than video games.
>>
>>330984351
how old are you?
are you american?
>>
>>330984573
Have you played the game? I don't mean the attack button makes an attack that you have to aim at anything. I mean if something is close to you, you mash the attack button 4 or 5 times until it dies. A little beam of light shoots at it. It's literally all you have to do.

>>330984626
I'm 31 and Canadian. Is liking this game a matter of maturity?
>>
>>330984351
It was ok. I love the movement in this game; running, jumping, swimming and gliding just feels great and that's what kept me playing. Combat is very mindless though, it gets a bit better when you have a stomp ability but it's still the game's biggest weakness
>>
>>330984661
>Have you played the game?
Got 100% of Steam achievs, even the speedrun shit, so yes. It's a decent platformer, that's all. In Mario you have to jump on enemy, 1 or 3 times, how is it even better than Ori?
>>
>>330984661
>Is liking this game a matter of maturity?
Honestly, I'm surprised, expected some undeveloped cod kidde
In that case the game is just not for you, you can't please everyone
it's a beautiful metroidvania with gorgeous animations and challanging gameplay imo
>gameplay is just so dull and repetitive
you can say that about any metroidvania
>>
The game gets better as you pick up new abilities. End game is fantastic. Also it's like a metroidvania, if you're not into that then just drop the game.
>>
>>330984949
You sound like a raging homo fag. Believe it or not, just because someone doesn't like a shitty game doesn't make everyone else a mental midget, it makes you a mental midget for thinking you need to be "old" and not a "cod kiddie" to enjoy a mediocre game.

Kill yourself you stupid fucking hipster
>>
>>330984792
The movement does feel nice. Not enough to carry a game for me, sadly.

>>330984949
>you can say that about any metroidvania

I really liked Shantae though. Been trying to get into metroidvanias.

I guess the "beautiful" thing really is what people like about this game. It does look nice, kinda like Trine 2 almost. I'm just frustrated early on because of how brainless the gameplay is.
>>
>>330985153
> raging homo fag
> shitty game
> mental midget
> mediocre game
> Kill yourself
> stupid fucking hipster

Guess who is the most a "raging homo fag" on this thread.
>>
> OMG I just created a warrior lvl1 on WoW, this game is so shit, I've only 1 ability, this game is so retarded, I've just to smash one button again and again
>>
>>330985153
did i strike a nerve son?
>>330985180
>I guess the "beautiful" thing really is what people like about this game
no
>kinda like Trine 2 almost
trine is not even close, 3d environment full of bloom and other usless effects
>Been trying to get into metroidvanias
that's your problem right there, try sotn and decide if you like the genre or not
>I really liked Shantae
for what? manchild fapbait? give me a break
>>
File: Screenshot-06-Forest.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-06-Forest.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>330985180
>I really liked Shantae

Different strokes, for different folks, I guess. I'm in your age bracket and love all kinds of metroidvanias and thought that the Shantae games are pretty mediocre, while I absolutely loved Ori.

Currently I'm hyped for pic-related. It's Monster Boy, a spiritual successor to Sega's Wonder Boy games.
>>
File: 2587288-crashside720fc.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2587288-crashside720fc.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>330985621
>Shantae games are pretty mediocre, while I absolutely loved Ori.
this, shantea is all about fanservice
since OP have bad taste let's post some upcoming metroidvanias
I'm hyped for ghost song, it's may be the closest thing to a super metroid sequel that we ever have
>>
>>330984351
The combat gets better as you unlock more abilities, it sounds like you don't even have bash yet which is probably the most fundamental ability in the game
>>
>>330985865
>ghost song

That's another game I'm really hyped for. I hope we'll see a number of console ports for that one too. If not, I'll simply get it on steam.
>>
Will if you go into it trying to hate it and prove that you're better than the people that don't like it then of course you're going to have a bad time
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.