[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Open world ww2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
Why hasn't a open world ww2 stratagy/fps game been made yet? Imagine this, you get huge maps like in bf4 but in different country's featured in ww2 and instead of your basic fps game their is a attacking and defending team. The defending team all gets a certain amount of money to spend on defensive equipment weapons/vehicles reinforcing structures and lookouts even down to weapons for the team. Same with the offensive team. Now get this each team has around 12-13 people who all control a squad of computers you can order to take cover attack dig foxholes ect. With one actual real player in each squad. Squads can conduct attacks together by the players/squad leaders talking to via mic. Each squad has different guys for each job medic/ammo etc. when the squad leader dies he takes place of the next highest ranking guy in his squad. Last team standing or to compete the objective whatever that might be wins. This is a very rough idea of what I would like to see.
>>
>>330980654
Another cool feature would be if you could send guys from your squad to help other ones that are in need of reinforcements or a certain type of squad member.
>>
>>330980654

too much effort. derivative linear cod clones sell already
>>
>>330980654
Something something world war 2 online
>>
You mean world war 2 online, the game that's been a thing for years?
>>
>>330981239
I know but we can always dream. That's the same reason we will never get a decent football game and are stuck with Madden.
>>
>>330981302
>>330981312
Word war 2 online is old as fuck though?
>>
>>330981429

And?
>>
>Open world
into the trash it goes
>>
Instead of just being Allied or Axis teams it would be cool if you could make your own rebel alliance so people could have clans to play as that fight under certain nation or maybe even for alternative reasons in The story.
>>
>>330981554
That was a mistake. I meant basically a large variety of big maps thin Europe and maybe even navel battles kinda like bf4 but upgraded a bunch with new ideas and gameplay.
>>
>>330981731
>in
>>
So Planetside: Western/Eastern Front?
>>
>>330981829
This would be better than planetside if you read the op.
>>
Basically the battle would be like a game of chess you and your squad vs another guy and his squad both ordering your guys what to do and fighting alongside them and maybe more or less depending on what the other teams strategy is. Maybe two squads have to hold off five so that the team they are on can complete an objective to win against the team they are playing. That's where sending reinforcements to other squads comes into play. Or maybe the battle commander gives the two squads more mo way to spend on better weapons/armored vehicles to defend/attack with. It seems complicated but I think it could be done.
>>
File: 1454781621615.png (30 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1454781621615.png
30 KB, 150x150
>>330980654
>huge maps like in bf4
>>
>>330982610
For this type of game I don't think you could get much bigger. Maybe twice the size is that good enough?
>>
>>330981302
Is it good enough as a free player? Currently downloading this
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 314x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 314x444
>>330983179
Play this and have a better time.
>>
>>330983401
DEFEND THIS AREA

TEAM
>>
>>330983596
Eyyyyyyyy!
>>
>>330980654
Sounds like heroes and generals.
>>
>>330980654
google world war 2 online or battleground online. they made that game at 2001 or sth.
>>
>>330982814
Arma size or nothing
>>
http://www.battlegroundeurope.net/home
>>
>>330980654
You could technically call ARMA, Iron Front, Heroes and General, and some others as open world, but I agree on the point that there needs to be WW2 games again.

What would really be nice is pretty much just RO2 style gameplay, only with more "jobs", a la Paratrooper or CAS fighter. Something more combined arms esque.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.