[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Sears had three copies of this in their video game cabinet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: hdd.jpg (22 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hdd.jpg
22 KB, 450x450
My Sears had three copies of this in their video game cabinet as recently as three years ago
>>
>>330972810
>3 years ago
cool story
>>
Where can I subscribe?
>>
>40gb drive
>the main game to make use of it ended up being 14gb after a decades of updates and expansions
>>
if there are still K-Mart's in your area, you'll find similar things.
>>
File: Billy.jpg (64 KB, 634x449) Image search: [Google]
Billy.jpg
64 KB, 634x449
>>330972810
>tfw playing PS2 games off an HDD with Free McBoot
How can emulatorfags even compete?
>>
>>330972810

I got it sent to me for free just for being a part of the PS2 beta.
>>
>>330972810
i wish i still had my box, but otherwise i turned it into an hdloader.

though free mcboot exists now, i dont have it.

>>330973382
the game ended up breaking their original quota the ps2 would allow. this was a couple years ago, the game is almost unplayable now on the ps2. and I got an email recently saying ps2 support is finally being cut.
>>
>>330973861
>the game ended up breaking their original quota the ps2 would allow
That was around 6 years ago. Game partitions could not be any larger than a dual-layered DVD. After PS2 was 'dead' marketwise Sony gave SquareEnix the go ahead on expanding that partition, being it was basically the only game still alive that relied on the hard drive to operate, rather than as an optional install.
>>
>>330973437
By memespouting about increased resolution and pretending that emulation is flawless
>>
>>330973935
was it that long ago? time flies.
>>
>>330973437
Uh higher resolutions, better textures, AA and 60FPS? I mean if you enjoy blurry mess I guess.
>>
>>330974060
It was changed mid-Abyssea, since they were working on another retail expansion at the time.

That said the game runs 'better' now on PS2 than it did most of the Abyssea era due to the poor saps that had to work on the game's expansion spent a good year's worth of updates remanaging memory allocation and fixing umpteen bugs for the PS2 client, including a major memory leak problem the game's had since launch but didn't become noticeable until modern events pushed the issue and brought it to the forefront.
>>
>>330973998
>>330974119
Clockwork
>>
Last chance Free Login for console users coming soon
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/
>>
my mom spent like $400 getting this for me when I was like 13

never figured out how to use it..
>>
>>330976534
It wasn't $400 you dumb donut
>source
I had one and if me and my 13 year old brother were able to afford it, it certainly wasn't that much. Also, you may be a retarded person
>>
My local military exchange still had new Warhammer Online gamecards that I bought for $11 each and I ended up making $114 by doing that refund service they have.

I miss Warhammer Online
>>
Weren't they working on a single player offline version of FFXI?
whatever happened to that?
>>
>>330978983

It's some mobile trash, nothing worth anyones time.
>>
>>330978983
JP onry probably
>>
>>330978198
>reading comprehension

it wasn't $400, but my mom paid that much for it.

stop getting so mad at anonymous posts, you fucking autist
>>
I remember I wanted the hard drive so I could play resident evil outbreak better. Bought it used for $40. I guess since I still use it to play on the Outbreak fan server and run pirated games it was good deal. Came to find out though you can use up to a 120GB into the PS2.
>>
File: 1446720108296.gif (474 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
1446720108296.gif
474 KB, 500x383
>Console entry is closing in two weeks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AekeU5Z9w9M
>>
>>330973425
A couple years ago I worked overnights at K-Mart. One night I was putting up sale signs or something in the electronics section, when I noticed they had 4 or 5 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy. I was going to buy them later that week when I got paid and resell them on ebay but they were gone within 2 days.
>>
File: 1369942753043.jpg (139 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
1369942753043.jpg
139 KB, 720x488
>playing with PS2 players on PC
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.