[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is such a bore a few chapters in. Why were you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 610x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 610x291
This game is such a bore a few chapters in. Why were you guys praising it so? It's extremely on rails, even for JRPG standards. The game might as well had ditched any kind of character movement outside of EDEN, all the real world events are laughable simplistic fetch quests - some of the objectives being literally steps away from the quest-giver. It seems like a forced illusion of free-roaming just for the sake of breaking monotony. Pretty much 'Point A to Point B: The Game'.

What's so neat about this, the sluts? I mean, that's all I'm getting out of this.
>>
I thought this was about DeSu for a moment.
>>
File: 1454465915089.gif (843 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
1454465915089.gif
843 KB, 500x487
The first eater on hardmode in this game is kicking my ass goddamn.
>>
>>330972589
I also think the real world parts of the game are pretty pointless and the story seems a tad boring and predictable at times.
That said I think I'm only at like chapter 8 still and I'm still having fun with it
>>
>>330972710
The Eaters and some of the bosses can be real walls on hard mode, it's a shame that you still breeze through any random encounters. This game was clearly designed to be played on normal mode. I hate how 'uneven' the difficulty is, but I hate how generally easy the game is even on hard mode. Don't know if I'm gonna be able to finish this one. Once I get all my favorite Megas I'm probably done. It's a shame I spent $60 on this.
>>
im at chapter 3 or something and im just stuck in the digilab doing shit because of my autism and finding the evolutions or whatever they call them and stuff like that

send help
>>
>>330972771
That's where I am, and in running out of steam quick.

I hope something game changing happens soon, I can't deal with 8 chapters of this repetitive shit. This is MMO level of repetitiveness.
>>
Its not a Pokémon game, it is already shit from the start.
>>
>>330972710
>Get Gatomon or Devimon
>Signature move always hits for 150 on Gatomon, 200 on Devimon
>Eaters have shit health, even on hard
>If they go into "Data is Gathering" kniw that they'll erode terminal your shit, which will kill any mon with less than 1.5k health

Honestly, the only hard encounter in this game is Lucemon, and that's completely optional. The bosses are absolute bullshit on hard, and the game sometimes seems to just throw them at you, shit, Lucemon is basically a boss rush.

Still loving the game, just hanging on chapter 20 to grind my last few trophies.
>>
>>330972589>>330972589
List examples of your claims. I feel like what you said is way to generalized and applies to many other games. As for what's neat about this, its a decent digimon game.

While it does have issues such as the English translation, balancing, and slow to pick up story, its a good digimon game. It has plenty of digimon and digivolving and dedigivolving is addicting. The combat while a standard turn based affair is enjoyable and the signature attack animations look great and aren't too long. And while the story is pretty slow and easy going the first half of the game it does get interesting. And overall the game looks good.

Even though the game isn't perfect it raises the bar on what's to be expected from a digimon game. Should we get anymore digimon games, I can't wait to see how the next improves.
>>
>>330972589
I think a lot of us were very forgiving simply because it was the first Digimon game in so long. I can honestly admit that aside from the core monster-raising, overall challenge and the majority of the soundtrack the game is a total abortion. PS3-tier graphics and PS2-tier animations, a fucking atrocious translation and a wide assemblage of some of the most obnoxious walking anime tropes disguised as characters I have seen in some time. Kyoko especially deserves a place in infamy, the info-dumping cunt.
>>
The story/quest design sucks ass for most of it.

The main draw is just going full autism messing with your Digimon, which the game is very good at. If that doesn't carry it for you then you'll be bored as fuck.
>>
So why does Nokia have the same hair colour as the MC? What could it mean
>>
I'm completely addicted to the grind. I'm 18 hours in, at chapter 13 and not even close to being bored of it. This is quite the feat as usually I fucking despise grinding.
>>
This is going to be my first Digimon game, is it a bad one to start with?
>>
>>330973170
If you really want to beat the late game bosses on hard I recommend you take a look at a guide and see about how to make your digimon the strongest they can be. Otherwise turn the difficulty down when fighting bosses.
Number one thing I want to see if we get a sequel is better balancing and change the type damage boost with the attribute damage boost.
>>
>>330973983
See, that shit bothered me too.

It just looks like terrible character design on their part. Arata, Yuuko, Yuugo all share the same color, so maybe the MC and Nokia sharing it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it somehow is. It's okay, though, Nokia is still best girl.

The only other issue I have with character design is the FeMC's posture. Who the fuck walks like that, man? My wife mentioned after having a passing glance at the game and I can't unsee it.
>>
>>330973420
Story picks up at chapter 10. Admittedly the grinding in this game does get old eventually.
>>
>>330974132
No. At worst it's a standard JRPG with decent monster-raising mechanics. When it comes to Digimon games you could do a lot worse.
>>
>>330974287
So far I've found it to be as thus;
>breeze through random encounters like nothing
>get to boss
>boss walls you
>either grind more or change up your tactics a little
>>
>>330974132
No its actually the best place to start.
>>
How to beat hard mode bosses.

>Get Greymon, level to 25 for Acceleration Boost
>Digivolve to WarGreymon
>Raise Speed/Attack in farm to max
>Use Attack attachment
>Accel Boost followed by Great Tornado
>Attacks will deal at least 2k damage on virus digimon 600-700 on Data and 1.5 on Vaccine
>Get Lilithmon with max intellect
>Also get Titanmon with Max attack
>You now have three Def penetrating Megas with decent stats who rape shit.

You can also add Mastemon to the line-up since Lilithmon is kind of a bitch to get. Mastemon can take 25% of the enemy health in one go and learn Final Aura.

Avoid wasting a turn on using status effects on bosses, they don't work. Same with insta-death attacks.
>>
>>330973846
Seriously? How about all the filler cases when you have to find a mons lost item or whatever? They're usually steps away from the mon, the fact that they're sometimes set in the Zaxon Forums says enough. All the main quests consist on pointless back and forth 'sleuthing' which is literally just talking to every thought bubble you see, reporting back to slut boss, then doing an unispired dungeon crawl. All of the 'sleuthing' is thinly-veiled distractions from dungeon crawling. You don't even hardly make use of any of your cyber powers save for a few specific instances. No alternate paths to explore which utilizes your special powers or anything, just unnecessary complicated maps with a few shifty treasure chests sprinkled in. Hate to say it, by the dungeon crawling, the part you look forward to most, leaves so much more to be desired as well.

Oh and a personal gripe that I can live with is that you don't digivolve mid-battle. I think it would have been a cool extra layer of depth to the combat. Like, having a base mon you travel with, but once he gets stronger, you can make his base from rookie to champion level, and so on and so forth.
>>
I beat the majority of the main game a couple of days ago. I need to go back and finish the "Great Challenge" cases.

Meh.

The game has some fun elements insofar as exploring digivolving, but throws a hell of a lot of grind your way to do it. The way to effectively make the game more "fun" is to get experience-bonus items and digimon so you can burn through leveling faster. You primarily do this by save-scumming 1000 yen development on a rank 3+ farm where your farm goods are all developer know-hows, until you get the equipment Tactician USB.

The hard mode of the game seems satisfying at some points and stupid bullshit at others. It felt by the late game I had to use very specific digimon to get the desired results, there was a point where using a basic team of megas intelligently simply wasn't panning out. I don't suppose that's ALL bad, but it feels a shame to have so many digimon but only a few of them feel viable to beat the game.

>>330972710
Eaters have incredibly high defense, and thus any digimon who can deal a flat amount of damage or has a piercing attack (piercing ignores defense) thrives against them.

>>330974554
Is all solid advice.
>>
>>330974406
This. When I get walled, I let my four year old son grind for me. It's fucking sad he can press random buttons and still breeze through encounters on hard mode midway through the game.
>>
>mfw I put 200 hours into this game
>mfw I'm an adult with a job and budget, yet only paid 40$ for the game and got to put all that time into it
>mfw I platinum'd the game and still will play through it again just for fun
>mfw you're all jaded gamers that can't find fun in anything
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>330974691

I grind a lot in this game, since there are shitloads of grindy trophies, like maxing CAM for 30 Digimon and ABJ for 10, or getting 30 to mega. Luckily for me all you really need is three platinum turds.

I take the fuckers to level 49 of the Metropolitan Building, set them with auto battle and fuck off to do whatever. I just gotta press three buttons every couple of minutes.

After like 10-15 minutes I'm swimming in Shekels and Megas.
>>
>>330972589
Never make purchases with your dick. Never.
>believing vita is anything more than a weeb machine
>>
>>330975176
I now know this to be true. I wanted to believe.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.