[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the FUCK did he become a billionaire from this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 1920x1080
How in the FUCK did he become a billionaire from this shit?
>>
ripping off infiniminer
children
>>
>>330966164
>children
/thread
>>
Blame us, we beta-tested it.
>>
>>330966123
He was an ambitious person that made what he wanted. Thankfully, it happened to be a game that everybody else wanted, too.
>>
>minecraft's terrible graphics are considered "iconic"
>>
Luck.
>>
Casuals like shitty games.
>>
>>330966123
He sold over a lot of copies of his game and a lot of merchandise.
>>
>>330966164
this
>>
autism
>>
Autists and children, anon
>>
It's virtual lego. Of course it was going to be popular.
>>
>i own the game on 4 different platforms
>>
>>330966123

>watching science channel
>some dude in like his fifties talking about some space shit, pointing out something on a computer generated model
>has a dual screen set up, on his other screen part of his desktop with a minecraft shortcut is visible

everyone and their grandmother has played it at least once
>>
Endless Lego.
>>
>>330966123
It's a good game. The fanbase sucks but the idea was solid and he was able to do it better than anybody else. Not to mention it got popular in 2009-2011, the period when everyone was talking about "the death of PC gaming." Not to mention the indie game surge of 2008-2011. Solid idea, right place, right time.
>>
>>330966123
it hit a massively untapped market at the time.

You have to be a hardcore contrarian memer to not get why minecraft is succesful
>>
>>330967795

>What is LDD
>>
>>330966253
Those beta testing threads were alright though
>>
>>330970982
>i wasnt here for the alpha
Pleb
>>
minecraft has been dead for months, nobody gives a shit about it anymore except some children that'll be bored soon. MS wasted 2 billion on this crap and they'll never make that money back
>>
>>330966123
It's pretty easy to see, actually. I realized in the 90s that all games was based on destroying\killing things. No game that I could think of was based on building shit. That and he got lucky.
>>
>>330966410
I wouldn't mind the game if it actually looked like OP's image

Kinda reminds me of windwaker style cel-shading

Right now it's bland pixel garbage
>>
>>330971597
Just because you're bored of it doesn't mean it's not doing good.
>>
>>330966123
Haven't played it in years, I started playing it again recently out of boredom and the latest update is fucking shit.
>>
we did it

it's our fault
>>
>>330971597
microsoft has enough money to start their own country. i think they bought it so they can release a sequel if the xbone starts lagging too far behind for their liking.
>>
File: 1430307950750.jpg (139 KB, 1024x942) Image search: [Google]
1430307950750.jpg
139 KB, 1024x942
>Played it for a while, keeping up with development and shit, thought it was pretty fun
>then notch drops indev to start working on infdev, aka infinitely large maps
>All that time he spent trying to make it work
>Gutting the already rudimentary fluid mechanics because it fucks up in infdev, reworking cave generation for some reason or other
>the cool map configurations from indev dissappear(R.I.P. FLAOT, etc.) to make way for the bland as shit infdev maps
>Then notch starts taking infinite vacations with all the dosh he's getting
That's when I dropped it, wish it just stayed in indev, desu

>I typed up all this shit when the thread died 20 minutes ago
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.