[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of people have been saying that the EDF games are really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 250x315
A lot of people have been saying that the EDF games are really good. Are they Lost Planet 2 and The Wonderul 101 amounts of ridiculousness?
>>
Don't buy Armageddon you fucker.
>>
>>330964930
How come?
>>
>>330965360
spin-off developed by some no name western dev that mostly makes low tier licensed games, and it's every bit as mediocre compared to the series proper as you would expect from that information
>>
File: EDF4.1 4.webm (3 MB, 830x467) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 4.webm
3 MB, 830x467
>>330964852
>Are they Lost Planet 2 and The Wonderul 101 amounts of ridiculousness?
Even more. W101 embraces it too much, which makes it less ridiculous in my eyes. The scale of some enemies in EDF 2025/4.1 and the fact that's a 3rd person game makes the whole thing more ridiculous

>>330965360
not him but that one is made by a different dev (american one AFAIK), it's a bad spin-off. Really don't bother with it. or if you do, don't think that it represents the rest of the series, especially 4.1.

here's a small sample of what makes it fun. Singing with random online and nukes. But there's much more to it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfn0gRFBYMY
>>
Someone post the auto sniper copter.
>>
>>330965360
The only thing IA had going for it was a support class and heavy class that weren't 100% dogshit in single player.

Everything else is pretty bleh. 4.1 is great.
>>
>>330966448
>heavy class that weren't 100% dogshit in single player.
are you implying the fencer is shit solo in EDF4.1?
>>
>>330966867
It was in 2025, so I'm guessing it's still shit in 4.1
>>
>>330964852
Oh it ridiculous alright
>fight giant bugs
>use a bazooka
>probably cause millions in collateral damage
>all while screaming the bravest, cheesiest "C'MON YOU APES" lines I've heard in a video game
>>
>>330964852
To save our mother earth from any alien attack
>>
File: EDF4.1 2.webm (3 MB, 840x473) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 2.webm
3 MB, 840x473
>>330966947
I don't see why, it's the quickest class in the game and can solo any mission on inferno if there aren't any flying units or too many ranged guys. All you need is a javelin catapult to spam dash and an inferno hammer to BTFO of any enemy. Other missions may be harder but I'd still put him above both AirRaider and Ranger, those classes can't survive 5 minutes on inferno solo.

WingDiver still has the most stupidly OP guns though. It's just absurd how better they are compared to everything else, from short range to medum to long ranges they are the best at everything.
>>
>>330967312

The problem with wing diver is that you get to fire your gun twice and then WEEEEP WEEEEEP WEEEEP WEEEEEP
>>
>>330964852

Worth buying 2025 on 360 for 15 bucks?

Is single player good? I have no intention to play it online.
>>
>>330967481
Definitely. Like a more robust 2017.
>>
>>330967432
not with their shotgun-types which barely consume any ammo and only take away from your fuel when you are reloading.

As a wingdiver, even on inferno you can fly to a giant ship, wait for it to open its core (to drop enemies), fly to the core, shoot your Rapier for 3 seconds and you kill the ship.

Mid-range it's the same thing, you have the Bow that shoots a blue laser thingy. Not only does it do good ammounts of damage, it also perma-stuns enemies caught in it AND it travels through the surface, so you barely need to aim, just shoot in the general direction of the enemy and it'll be hit. In hard cave levels Wingdiver is pretty much a requirement because of this gun.

Long range you have the option between Monster and Gungnir weapons. The second best sniper class is ranger and he doesn't have this type of utility. Sure, with Gungnir you have to wait for 7 bars to recharge, but in that time a Range would only do 20% or 30% of the damage with his best sniper.
Keep in mind that WD's snipers shoot 3x, at least Monster does, so it deals 3x more than what it actually says it does. If you have a AirRaider team-mate with photon rechargers then there's absolutely no competition, you barely have to worry about recharge times.
>>
Is the PS4 one worth it?

I really want to try this series out. How is the co-op? I'd like some couch co op game for my PS4, will this do?
>>
Are there any EDF games on PC?
>>
>>330968048
No. Insect Armageddon has absolutely nothing to do with the EDF series despite the logo being slapped on the box.

There are rumors that 4.1 is coming to PC but SteamDB has never been a reliable source of info, the admins have also trolled PCucks before with fake listings so it's unlikely it will come to PC.
>>
>>330967920
4.1 from what I hear is just 2025 with some additions and less slowdown because of next gen power.
Definitely worth a pick up though, I had a lot of fun playing online 2025 with randoms a couple months ago.
>>
>>330968204

So 4.1 is a remaster or an actual sequel?
>>
>>330968169
Why is it unlikely?
>>
>>330968282
A remaster that adds some stuff like a giant fucking robot that punches shit, better movement for fencers, slightly more weapons, cave levels are now pitch black aside from the flashlight on your and your teammates weapons. Stuff like that.
>>
>>330968282
The EDF games don't have years in their names in Japan.
EDF 2025 is EDF 4.
I leave figuring out what this means to you.
>>
>>330968282
Yes and no. The base game is the same, as are most of the missions, but there's a lot of new content. I can't remember the missions from 2025 well enough to say how many were new, but there's a whole arc involving a Kaiju that I know is 100% new (and ends with you piloting a giant, punching robot to kill it). There's also new weapons and a lot of the old missions are updated with things like NPC ally vehicles (which is actually a really nice touch, if only for immersion reasons).
>>
>>330967312
The problem with fencing is that it basically requires dash spam to be viable, and dash spamming is incredibly unfun. I honestly preferred the classes in Insect Armageddon also I felt the missions were better constructed even though there weren't NEARLY enough of them
>>
>>330968482
> pitch black except for flashlights

Shit, that sounds really scary/horrifying. Underground levels were hard enough as they were as a solo wing diver.
Did they fix the mission where you're supposed fight a queen in a giant room, but you instead just camp outside in the hallway because of all the acid/lava that gets thrown around. That mission was terrible.
>>
File: EDF4.1 3.webm (3 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
EDF4.1 3.webm
3 MB, 1000x563
>>330967920
Yes, it's the best game in the series with the most content and the one that performs the best (you do still get hilarious 60fps to 10fps framedrops on hectic levels though)

co-op is all you do whenever you can, couch co-op or online.

>>330968282
a bit of both. It's a better running version of 2025 (or instance some later levels in 2025 could run at a constant 15fps, while in 4.1 they run at 30-40fps) and got some graphical bumps in lighting (explosions look cooler when everything turns into a fiery yellow, and caves are actually dark down)

But it also adds new levels, monsters, weapons and mechs. see >>330966023 those mechs and godzilla clones are new to this version. Also in this video you can see a friend of mine capturing a giant dragon boss with his spider web trap-gun and proceeding to punch the fucker to death with his giant robo fists starting at 1:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=havTgvW3QEI&t=1m16s

It's pretty impossible to aim with vehicles in 2025. In 4.1 they added a laser pointer so you can see where you're shooting now

I think that's pretty much it. 2025 but runs 2x better, fixes some problems and adds ~30% new content (I'm guesstimating here)

>>330968682
>requires dash spam to be viable
Well, that's the whole point of the class. It's like saying wingdiver sucks because it depends on flying.

> dash spamming is incredibly unfun
we agree to disagree on this one... quite a lot I might add.
>>
>>330968682

>levels where the player's progress is segmented by invisible barriers and only having trickles of enemy spawns at a time vs dumping most enemies over a wide area and giving the player complete access to the entire map and letting him approach the mission in several possible ways

I don't understand how anyone can like IA's mission design
>>
File: 1457244458575.png (31 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457244458575.png
31 KB, 321x322
>People talking about Lost Planet 2 and EDF in the same thread

holy shit
muh deek
i love those games
>>
>>330969113
>Those mechs beating the shit out of the dragon

I need this
>>
>>330966006
>Game where you shoot bugs and shit
>"It's so simple, we gotta fuck it up somehow!"

I don't know how they were able to do this.
>>
>>330969521
Where there is a will, there is a way
>>
>>330968821
it's still there but now you have a lot more allies
>>
File: Forgive.jpg (82 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
Forgive.jpg
82 KB, 493x750
>>330969443
Since the game has no online PvP we made our own

my Air Raider friend would stick people (two random WingDivers) with targets and I would launch nukes/missiles at them. They would then need to dodge while trying to kill me with my own missiles.

T'was a fun cat & mouse type of game. You can do a lot of shit in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjlghf2OQdk
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.