[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this good? I need to shoot some niggas on the PS4.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 2504175-81vz6xcy8bl._sl1500_.jpg (59 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2504175-81vz6xcy8bl._sl1500_.jpg
59 KB, 960x960
Was this good? I need to shoot some niggas on the PS4.
>>
>>330959906
Dildo!
>>
Very good, highly recommended. On the surface it seems like your standard run and gun but in almost every encounter there is a way to sneak and avoid being spotted which makes for some very interesting gameplay. Many nooks and crannys you can squeeze yourself into
>>
File: WolfTNO.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WolfTNO.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Some people like it for some reason but I really didn't. Shame to see those enemy reactions go to waste.
>>
One of my favorite games of the last few years
>>
It's awesome. The music is great. The enemies are well done. The villain is hateable and satisfying to see die. The weapons are punchy. The missions aren't repetitive. The cut scenes are revenge-boner inducing.
>>
It's all right. I guess it's modernization done right. But not perfect of course. Still, go give it a try!

Holy shit that LKW is kickass though. And running around ripping everyone with dual shotguns is satisfying as fuck.
>>
File: Wolfstein-New-Order-Abbey-Road.jpg (51 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Wolfstein-New-Order-Abbey-Road.jpg
51 KB, 615x409
>>330959906
I'm playing it now (well just finished TNO onto the Old Blood now. Old Blood is not as good as TNO though), it's pretty good. The stealth is simple but satisfying and failing stealth just turns it back into a cover+run and gun mix shooter.

>The villain is hateable and satisfying to see die. The cut scenes are revenge-boner inducing.
They nailed this IMO. When you finally catch up with the various Nazi fuckers in the game, offing them is so satisfying.

Also apparently people got butt-hurt about pic. Well only old British people, but still funny.
>>
>>330964027
>Holy shit that LKW is kickass though. And running around ripping everyone with dual shotguns is satisfying as fuck.
On the u-boat I found a group of 4-5 Nazis in around a corner. Switched to the ricochet shot and unloaded into the corner. Once the noise stopped I checked the room and holy shit it looked like a scene from a slasher flick. I almost felt sorry for them.
>>
>>330960720
I played it on 360 and while it was fun I feel like I missed out on something
>>
File: nothanks.png (201 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
nothanks.png
201 KB, 380x380
>>330959906
>playing games where the Germans are the bad guys
>>
>>330959906
>wants to shoot some niggas
>game is the exact opposite of shooting niggas
Come on, maaan. Don't h8, whites are gr8 my
>>
>>330965172

At first I fucking hated it because I sucked ass at it and right at the point when I first got the rapid fire upgrade (in the Heavy Robot boss fight on Death Incarnate). Figured out how to play it better later on and I just melted the crap out of them (that and a few lucky Tesla grenades helped).
>>
I wish you got the RPG for the AR sooner. Isn't it not like until the bridge level or some shit?

Also bridge and london monitor best levels
>>
>>330965609
I did a run on Death Incarnate and just finished on Uber. A fully upgraded LKW right from the start is borderline OP. A few fights that were supposed to be somewhat tough turned into total cakewalks.
>>
>>330965739

Something to take note of is that the gore, while I think they don't stay for too long, is great stuff when you can catch it. Just right in the way Nazis end up getting misted or lose limbs when you shred them with your weapons.
>>
>>330959906
it's pretty bad too much story rubbish and not enough shootan pretty much what you expect from modern shootans people priasing it are talking out their ass
>>330960720
gun animation/ sound and how enemies react to being shot was the best part at least the basic soldier guys anyway
>>
It's a pretty solid shooter. Hardly any of the modern bullshit that plagues so many current shooters.

Story is a bit mixed up. It seems like it wants to be taken seriously, but then has absurd shit like moon bases and Robocop II (the cyborg). Doesn't help that BJ's voice is hilariously gravely that his attempts to sound serious kind of kill moments he's being introspective.

Overall, it's a fun ride. Uber is fun to blast through, though it can be a bitch in places if you didn't leave off with good health and armor before quitting. Yet it's never impossible or completely unfair.

One word of advice, pick Fergusson first, his path gives you the health upgrades which will help in the harder settings.
>>
It's made by the guys who did Riddick and the Darkness. It's great.

Don't listen to /pol/ who get asshurt over it, it's Wolfenstein for fuck's sake.
>>
>>330969112
>Story is a bit mixed up. It seems like it wants to be taken seriously, but then has absurd shit like moon bases and Robocop II (the cyborg).
It was odd but I quite enjoyed the weird juxtaposition. BJ acting all serious about how bad was is and then the next minute robodoggie tries to bite you in half.

Looks like there might be another one on the way. Anya's VA commented that she was working on the sequel to a previous game she worked on (she's only done Wolfenstein).
>>
>>330969489

Don't see why not, they never finished off the lady who ran the camp. The fact that they scarred her made me think they were building her up as the next Deathshead. Hell, if they still pull the zany Nazi crap, maybe it'll turn out Deathshead implanted memories of himself into her for a big return.
>>
>>330969276

/pol/ didn't like the game?
>>
>>330969989
>maybe it'll turn out Deathshead implanted memories of himself into her for a big return

That is some Metal Gear Solid tier bullshit and I absolutely want it to be in the next game.
>>
Would /v/ play a New Order 1960's version of Enemy Territory?
>>
>>330970319
I know I would. Especially since there isn't really FPS multiplayer worth playing right now.

>>330970047
Some /pol/acks got assmad that the game was about a slav main character beating up Nazis who stole Jewish super tech.
>>
File: abfur23.jpg (138 KB, 640x672) Image search: [Google]
abfur23.jpg
138 KB, 640x672
It felt like Wolfenstein 2009 mixed with Bulletstorm, so it's fairly fucking based

>>330970047
>/pol/ didn't like the game?
Which /pol/? Because the non-wheelchairchan /pol/ here rates it up there with Danger 5 in terms of postmodern wacky Nazi hijinx
>>
>>330970721

Speaking of Wolfensteain 09, it's so weird how NO tried to act like that shit never happened, only for OB to then bring it all back again like "well, we DID basically have NO follow-up from that game."
>>
>>330971484
Haven't played Wolf09 (since it's almost impossible to find these days), I gather Old Blood is kind of a retelling of that story?
>>
>>330971569

Sort of. The game Return to Castle Wolfenstein more or less began a reboot of the series, followed the 09 game, and then New Order. Both Return and Wolf09 are heavy on supernatural shit like demons and the like. In New Order however, a few characters seem to play off the concept of magic as foolish, though maybe they were just meaning in relation to Jew-tech seen in that game. Meanwhile, the prequel from last year Old Blood has a lot of supernatural shenanigans in its second half.
>>
>>330970319

ET New Order would be fun shit. Weapon balancing would definitely be needed though. But it can work.
>>
>>330972025
The Old Blood also seems like a reboot.

The Wolfenstein canon is kinda fucked.
>>
>>330972764

Not quite, New Order has the cripple woman mention her near fatal fall from the 09 game, so it stands to reason that the events of that are at least somewhat canonical, even if BJ wasn't nearly the beefcake roid monkey he is in NO and OB
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.