[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finding very little joy from any videogames these days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: zelda1[1].jpg (447 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
zelda1[1].jpg
447 KB, 1920x1080
I'm finding very little joy from any videogames these days

I'm thinking what I'm missing is that feel of adventure and exploration I used to get from games like Zelda.

Is there anything that offers that feeling on PC? I'm browsing Steam but I'm not seeing anything really like that. Any suggestions /v/? Something third person, using a controller, where I can wander around and explore an interesting world?
>>
Check out the Ys series. Oathbin Felghana, Ark of Naphistim, and Origin might be what you're looking for. I & II Chronicles is also alright if you don't mind Zelda 1 so much and attacking via body check.
>>
Honestly, the Witcher 3. Don't be cynical about it, it might surprise you.
>>
>>330954667
Dark Souls is essentially zelda with a higher learning curve, fewer gimmicks, and a more depressing tone.

The adventure though is very much there.
>>
>>330955227

Sen's Funhouse is about as Zelda like as DaS gets, maybe Duke's Archives, unless we're talking NES Zelda here.
>>
>>330955227
>>330955120

Great suggestions guys, already finished the souls games though and I'm in progress with Witcher 3 but felt like a break. Possibly because I'm slightly obsessive about clearing out all the ?'s on the map and there's just so many.

>>330954996
Apparently I already have Origin, Oath of Felghana, I and II on my steam (a random sale probably)
Can they be played in any order? Which is the most open?
>>
souls games
metroidvanias (valdis story, la mulana, cave story)
ys games, oath is a good start
play a long jrpg, get invested in the world
>>
>>330955659
I feel you with those unexplored ?s man. Just realize that in TW3 a lot of those are kind of filter like bandit camps and such, which I agree are fun too, but I think fucking-around-time is better spent doing side quests and witcher contracts in that game. They're more engaging and you get better stuff too
>>
>>330955659

Ys isn't super open in general though I & II Chronicles' level design tends to be deviously labyrinthine. For huge worlds to explore though the party system games are probably the best bet, though neither Seven nor MoC are on PC.
>>
>>330955949
>>330955659
And check out mount & blade, might not be to your liking but it's basically running around as a rogue knight/warrior and cultivating your own ragtag band of warriors to whatever ends
>>
File: Xenoblade Chronicles X.jpg (113 KB, 1193x496) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade Chronicles X.jpg
113 KB, 1193x496
Not on PC.
>>
>>330956248
This game is literally just a singleplayer MMO. Soulless as fuck, the exact opposite of what OP wants you cuck.
>>
>>330956248
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwovL_4bPw
Yes it is
>>
>>330954667
If you can emulate PS2 games, Okami is one of the best Zelda games out there
I got the same vibe from the Neopets PS2 game but after taking a look at it recently it is reaaaaally rough.
Ico and Shadow of the Colossus make a good Zelda game. One is all dungeon and puzzle, the other is all hyperbolic bossfights.
>>
At first I scoffed at this thread.

>>>/vr/3063515

But an anon in it said something that struck a chord with me.

Almost assuredly any sign of a burnout on video games is an indication of a health problem of some variety.

You might want to take care of yourself first anon. Maybe read up on Edgar Cayce about taking care of the tribune between mind, body, and spirit; so that you can always keep your eyes and mind on the hopeful, joyous, constructive side of life.

http://www.aawmagazine.com/Main.html

Ready for questions.
(After pause) In the physical the supply of conditions - as seen - is unbalanced.
In the spiritual and mental these attainments of the physical are hampering the spiritual development. Then, worry not as to those applications of the spiritual in the body. For the present, care for the physical, that the spiritual and mental may better apply those truths, lessons, as are being attained by the body through the application of spiritual truth to the nerve and blood supply of body - for PHYSICAL conditions existent produce irritation. The physical and the mental and the spiritual are ONE, yet each must be dealt with in and through its own sphere - for in the applying of the body forces we find that even as the Master gave, "Man shall not live by bread ALONE, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of the Lord," yet we find the Master supplying the physical needs to the thousands to meet the physical conditions of the body and supplying the needs of the spiritual to the individual man. Apply those truths, those lessons as attained - in and THROUGH those of the Master - in the life in the physical, in the spiritual, in the mental.

>from Healing: Mental
>>
>>330957113
itt I came for game recs but I found god
>>
>>330954667
Wait for Zelda Wii U
>>
>>330955227
Dark Souls has no adventure at all. What the fuck are you on? Is this bait?
>>
Terraria. Game is such a fun adventure especially with a friend.
>>
Darksiders
>>
>>330958178
Or Okami
>>
File: 1391651439113s.jpg (8 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1391651439113s.jpg
8 KB, 211x246
>>330955227
>Dark Souls is essentially zelda
>>
If you're into turn based series, final fantasy has started to get ported to steam. Some of the ports are mediocre but emulation is always available.
>>
File: zeldaclassic1.jpg (350 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
zeldaclassic1.jpg
350 KB, 800x500
Get Zelda Classic, download some custom maps, explore the fuckfest that is other people's imaginations.
>>
Subnautica would probably hold your interest for a good 20 hours or so, give it a look. Its huge on exploration.
>>
>>330955227
This post gave me cancer
>>
>>330955659
>I'm in progress with Witcher 3
Did you even play Witcher 1 and Witcher 2?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.