[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just include a USB charger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: New-3DS-Screenshot-06.jpg (112 KB, 893x739) Image search: [Google]
New-3DS-Screenshot-06.jpg
112 KB, 893x739
Why didn't they just include a USB charger?
>>
>>330941669
Something about having to pay another company for that.
>>
>>330941669
Then they couldn't sell you their charger.
>>
same reason Apple uses a non-standard plug for everything
>>
>>330941669
they forgot it.
like they did with the gameboy advance sp audio out
>>
>>330941669
People will tell you "They expected people to upgrade"

What's the problem anyway? It's not like you can't buy it separately.
>>
>>330942448
Apple had a good reason when we had USB 2.0. You can't do video out through USB 2.0 without MHL which was a horrible broken standard. Now that we have USB Type-C there's no good reason for Apple to be this way.

The 3DS is able to charge on 5V and can't do video out so there's LITERALLY no excuse.
>>
>>330941669
JEWS
>>
>>330941669

Gettign around standardization laws as far as i heard
>>
>>330941669
Why does the Pro Controller charge via USB but not the Wii U Gamepad?

In fact, why can't the Pro Controller and Gamepad use the same charger?
>>
>>330942726
This isn't about stuff like that. Its about the fact USB costs money to license,
I am not even sure why the Wii U Pro controller uses USB to charge, its really odd.
>>
Isn't there some European standardization law that prohibits including proprietary connections?
>>
>>330941669
yuropoor here

they literally never did with any handheld console for us, cry more burgerfags
>>
>>330944402
I don't think it prohibits it but I think it carries a small fine

This is just Nintendo's way around it. Weird that this is the first time they've done it in the US, I thought we'd be safe from something like that.
>>
>>330944486

The excuse is that they expect people getting one to already have a cable that fits from an older model (I believe the DSi uses the same connection), but we all know it's just so they can squeeze another $10 out of you.
>>
>>330941669
Because Nintendo is 8 years behind in everything. Just wait until the next console.
>>
>>330943807
What the actual fuck are you talking about?

HDMI costs money to liscense.

USB does not.
>>
>>330944402
Its just for phones, because it had reached the point where the bundled chargers was more shit that some good one size fits all solution.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.