[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: QbWjNxf.png (624 KB, 600x786) Image search: [Google]
QbWjNxf.png
624 KB, 600x786
How does this make you feel?
>>
It makes me understand that no matter how awful a company gets with its pay models, there will be people who will pay any amount in order to feel superior to others and throw rational thought out the window.
>>
Wait it comes out next week? Did I miss Open Beta?
>>
>>330924285
I'm guessing they turned the open beta into some sort of early access model.
>>
>>330924465
Well that's retarded. Although I guess a "Beta Test" wouldn't really do any good one week before release anyway
>>
Wow 3 month advantage over f2p players is fucking huge have they revealed what kind of shit you can buy with micro transactions?
>>
>>330924285
>>330924465
>>330924884
Pretty much. Tree of Savior General is currently on fire, but nothing compared to what's going on on their forums.

The staff member's posts are getting hidden because everyone is flagging them. The Steam Greenlight page is getting flag bombed, and I'd guess social media is inflamed about it as well.

It's what you get when you announced "Open Beta soon" and then a couple days later you turn it into early access, for a game that has awful translations, even worse balance, and they killed all sandbox features in favor of linearity and daily instanced casualized content.
>>
>tfw those ToS threads years and months ago
>so full of hope and excitement
>everone so hyped to see the second coming of RO
>tfw you lived long enough to see it all come crashing down

Video games continue to disappoint, news at 11. Is it finally time to move on?
>>
Just found out a few minutes ago.
Came to post it.
Holy shit, IMC. I knew you'd go Full-Jew, but this is... taking it further beyond.
Superjew 3, if you will.
>>
>>330922857
We were better with nexon honestly.
>>
Oh, wow.
This is...
Wow.

The game is going to be dead come June, isn't it?
>>
>Go to the forums
>There are actually a bunch of people supporting this

It's like Evolve all over again.
>>
$5-10 i would be able to understand but $50?

Fuck that.
>>
>>330928474
I don't think they support, more like they're just desperate to play it. It's next week goddammit
>>
>>330928747
No it's definitely support.

>People who don't want to pay are bad people I don't want to play with anyways!
>People who don't want to buy the founder pack aren't going to support the game so they don't matter!
>>
>>330922857
So wait, are they doing like, a premium thing, or is the game suddenly pay to play or something?
>>
>>330928940
Pay to play beta test server in simple words.
>>
File: 1446320087900.jpg (2 MB, 1014x4900) Image search: [Google]
1446320087900.jpg
2 MB, 1014x4900
>>330925239
And the pet/boss/monster AI is still beyond garbage. Becoming a hunter was such a huge mistake because before you go rank 3 and chain fear the world bosses forever you just have a shitty dog that doesn't do any damage when it's not tackling things and gets killed instantly because it won't dodge any of the super slow/telegraphed attacks. No way to bring it back to you either.

>>330928940
It's supposed to be free to play but if it's anything like the korean server you can't use the auction house or trade with other players unless you have a subscription.
>>
File: nexon_signiture_vp.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nexon_signiture_vp.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
Why you guys hate them? They can be jews but they are jews done right.

Better than this IMC shit.
>>
So as someone who loved RO, despite not being a Grinder (and only rebirthed "twice", a genetecist/hpriest dualbox set, ever), and was stupid enough to play WoW from launch until late Cata while simultaneously finding RO2 boring, and having more or less not kept up with the game, would I enjoy this at all? Can I dualbox alt accts again? What sort of shit do they sell?
>>
File: 1392668421544.jpg (66 KB, 571x720) Image search: [Google]
1392668421544.jpg
66 KB, 571x720
>>330922857
>mfw
guess I'm alone to blame for getting hype
>>
>>330929546
>make the open beta pay2access
>while the game is still fucking broken in practically every regard
This is even more jewish than fucking Nexon.
>>
I'm just laughing. Half of the people complaining are poor shits from 3rd world countries who simply cannot afford to pay.

Just last week these exact same people were like "yeah TOS will be great I will support it don't region lock me to a server in my region!". These exact same people are not stating shit like "TOS IS SHIT IT NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE IMC ARE TRAITORS".

Shit's hilarious but also conclusive proof that you need to keep these kinds of people out of your game by region locking them to their own servers.
>>
I used to be hyped for this mmo
but then i started playing Blade and Soul PvP Arena
>>
>>330922857
It makes me feel like you can't expect a company to run a videogame for you at no cost. It makes me feel like business exist to make money enough to both keep the business itself going and being profitable enough to give a salary to every worker.
>>
>>330929178
>can't use the auction house or trade with other players unless you have a subscription.

Welp, glad I got some enjoyment out of it while it was closed beta. This shit is doa.
>>
Should i keep thinking that it can change or should i drop that mentality already?

I mean if they were nexon it would but this is IMC who we are talking about.
>>
>>330930086
Do you honestly believe that there are people who can afford a computer but can't afford 60$?
>>
>>330930839
Someone clearly hasn't heard of Brazil
>>
File: omae wa mou shindeiru.jpg (349 KB, 1603x1202) Image search: [Google]
omae wa mou shindeiru.jpg
349 KB, 1603x1202
This game is already dead. They deserve it for making my believe that somehow I could experience my RO days again.
Fuck IMC and fuck this shitty game.
>>
>>330930839

A lot of 3rd worlders don't own PCs like you or I. Internet cafes are very popular in a lot of these countries.

I know in Brazil at one point the government use to give kids (or families with kids) a free PC and internet access because it was deemed a basic human right. I don't know if they still do it or not, but a while back they use to.
>>
>>330928913
They are trying to justify their purchase to themselves while searching for support from other people on a similar situation. That is how hugbox communities usually are.
>>
>>330931071
>>330931180
Being unable to afford something and not wanting to buy something overpriced are two completely different things. If BRs literally couldn't afford to pay for the game (Much less 60$) then they shouldn't be spending their time or money on things like ToS.
>>
>>330931180

They stopped giving out free laptops in Brazil. People would just get them and sell them, an entire black market opened up based on the buying and selling of those shitty laptops.
>>
>>330931071
Brazilian here. I own two PCs but imagine if instead of paying $60, you had to pay $240. That's basically how it is here.
Not that I'd pay even $1 for this game after trying the beta. I hope it crashes and burns.
>>
>>330930839
Mexanon here.

Good computer but I can eat one month with $60.

If it were $5-20 i would understand, unless the game got fixed somehow its not worth $50.
>>
hasn't this been done before?
>>
>>330931619
>>330931763
But that is a case of not wanting to buy something that you think is not worth the cost, not that you actually cannot spend the money without ruining your life.
>>
>>330930839

Cost of living in these countries is almost nothing. There is a reason they earn so little but can still afford rent, food and so on. It's because all of these things are several times cheaper than what you pay for them.
>>
Have they bothered to disclose like... fucking ANYTHING?
1) How do they plan to jew people on the market? Are they seriously gonna do that per-listing shit or a fucking subscription? The worst I'm gonna tolerate is a pay-once model, and that's pushing it in a game with service/crafting classes.

2) Just how much are they charging for TP upon going open? How much are they pricing shit that costs TP? I'm gonna assume that those coin prices for things we DID see during icbt were mere placeholders, and it's prone to changing. Gonna need to know how that has changed.

3) Holy shit, what the fuck were they smoking to think this is okay? icbt was a MESS, and kobt shows no signs that they're bothering to fix the core problems that made it so bad. Now they're charging FIFTY dollars for early access to... a mess? The only faggots who would fall for this are whales and namefags who absolutely must claim mmo-anime-protagonist-number-873's name for themselves. And those guys are insufferable.
>>
I enjoyed the game in both betas and am tempted to buy it even though I know it's gonna be a "take the money and do the bare minimum" situation because there aren't really any other games I've been looking forward to. Hopefully I'll take myself out of it but god damn what a way to drop the ball on a release.
>>
>>330922857
Honestly, I'm less concerned about the price and more concerned about what this will do to the community. One of the really big things that ToS had going for it was classes working together, and a class being able to contribute to a fighting/grinding team without actually using their combat abilities. If this kills interest in the game or drives people away, then it could tear up the community and have no groups left to join. No groups (or small groups) would highly limit your available class choices, which would make the game fairly boring. And kill the biggest stand-out feature.
>>
>>330928913
yeah supporting fucking unethical standards more like
>>
>>330934480

Game has cross server matchmaking now. It's shitty but it means regardless of your server you'll always have people to queue with for group based content.
>>
>>330932646
It's typical f2p bullshit with preaccess. But the preaccess isn't your typical a few days to one week; it's threee fuckiiing moooonths.
Not saying it isn't worth it only for the TP that it gives you, but this preaccess on top of f2p cash shop and limits is something that rubs my nose.
>>
>>330930839
Im not paying 60 for a shitty and buggy early access
>>
>>330925216
Movement speed buff
XP buff
Ability to sell things / trade things to other players
Cosmetics
Train more than 1 ability at a time

Honestly. It's kind of fucked up. I was really excited for this game until I started looking into how insanely P2W it's getting...
>>
Makes me think what will happen with maplestory 2 if its ever released here.
>>
Checking the forums for BRs is funny at least.

>We won't support the game anymore!

Like you were gonna pay a cent for the game in the first place.
>>
>>330929178
>mfw I went Bokor 3 because I was going for a debuff build, but found out too late that Sadhu's is shit (and the class is all about int-based DPS), so I may as well stick with this
>mfw despite the gorillion bugs the class suffers from, zombie train is still fun (No, I didn't fall for the SPR meme)
>mfw the devs decided we couldn't even have that and completely destroyed the last good thing the class had going for it with 3 weeks left in the beta
>mfw no face
>>
>>330937839
The problem is that IMC didn't take a stand against their faggotry back in October when they should've.

You know... maybe you wouldn't need to worry so much about bots & assholes trying to fuck the servers over. IMC is literally using a result of their own incompetence to go full-jew with early access.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.