[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT! How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 2d9ee.jpg (642 KB, 576x817) Image search: [Google]
2d9ee.jpg
642 KB, 576x817
>DUDE, GAMES SHOULD FEATURE RACISM AS A MAJOR ELEMENT!

How? How the fuck would you do that? Would you make racism a gameplay mechanic? Please explain.

Either the devs wear kid gloves and create clownish racism or they beat you over the head and write some of the worst grandstanding "racism is wrong, guys!" nonsense that sounds like something a hack comedian would say to get applause
>>
File: 1432678697420.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1432678697420.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>mfw people said Bioshock Infishit was racist because it portrayed racism
>>
>>330916863
At least don't copy and paste next time you make this thread
>>
>>330917056
I think people said that because the oppressed minorities, rather than taking a holier than thou, turnt the other cheek stance, were just as bad as their oppressors when their uprising happened. proto-sjws took that as the game trying to make you hate black people or some sort of confederate apologism or something.
>>
File: 1455796098410.jpg (14 KB, 301x307) Image search: [Google]
1455796098410.jpg
14 KB, 301x307
>>330916863
>he posted it again
>>
There was literally no discussion of racism in Infinite, it was just THERE
>>
>>330917056
It's easy to understand that point of view when you understand that to the regressives it's not art imitating life, it's actually life imitating art. So every portrayal of racism is automatically racist in itself
>>
>>330916863
every since Ken Levine is on his own, he's a pretentious dickwad

I suppose working amongst great teams like Looking Glass kept his retarded ego in check
>>
>> ulfric stormcloaks regime views dark elves as mostly parasites and won't let beastfolk into his fucking city.

>> people of windhelm don't bat an eye at the argonian dragonborn and ulfric will straight up call you his kinsman if you side with him.
>>
>>330916863
I like how in the base game they actually tried to portray Fitzroy as not much better than Comstock, only to back out due to SJW pressure retcon her into being good all along.
>>
>>330916863
>Would you make racism a gameplay mechanic?
Some soldiers in Valkyria Chronicles would get a debuff if they were near a Darcsen.
>>
>>330916863

how about you play as a victim of racism and avoid attacks from racists? That way the theme ties into gameplay
>>
But Bioshock Infinite didn't make racism a "gameplay element'.

It made it a poorly-executed, shallow set dressing that it ended up abandoning right away because it was too scared of actually portraying a touchy concept, and wasn't competent enough to make it clever or beat you over the head with a message about it.
>>
>>330916863

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlZCGyVGjMM

GOTYAY
>>
>>330920169

This is a better game than BioShock Infinite.
>>
THIS FAGGOT LITERALLY POSTS THIS SHIT EVERYDAY AND YOU FAGGOTS FALL FOR IT EVERYDAY
>>
>>330920552
thanks doc
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.