[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did Fallout 4 get right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
What did Fallout 4 get right?
>>
>>330881110
It suckered a bunch of people into buying a ruined version of Fallout 3, so that's something.
>>
>>330881110
Dialogue mechanics where you can look away from dialog and keeps going, and you can interrupt them by blasting them instead of having to wait for them to finish.
>>
File: 1453493529129.gif (2 MB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
1453493529129.gif
2 MB, 350x174
>gunplay
>looked nice for a Bethesda game
>lots of followers
>female jumpsuit booty

That's it.
>>
gamebryo
facial animations
animations in general
writing
deep moral choices
mature story and gameplay
great gunplay
bug free
>>
>>330881256
Good post
>>
>>330881231
>gunplay
Hahaha, oh god no. The gunplay in Fallout 4 is ass. Slightly less ass than 3 or NV, but still ass.
>looked nice for a Bethesda game
That's just a way to avoid saying it looked last-gen.
>>
Honestly, the ghouls were fantastic, the way they threw themselves at you was terrifying.
>>
>>330881110
I did enjoy the new power armor mechanic. Pretty neat take on it imo. They could have done it better but it was a fun idea.
>>
wanna trully enjoy fallout 4? you only need to be either underaged or american
>>
More player customization options. Better crafting. Better utilization of junk in the world rather than being useless clutter. Decent range of voice actors.

That's about it though.
>>
Quick looting and lots of collectible buffs refined the loot hunt aspects of the game but the removal of unique special weapons was a tragedy.
>>
File: pa.jpg (45 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
pa.jpg
45 KB, 700x467
>>330881110
Things Fallout 4 did better than previous games
>Power Armor feels like power armor rather than just another outfit
>Gunplay is better (but still far from good)
>Graphics are better (but still not by a wide margin, still looks worse than STALKER in many respects)
>Settlements while deeply flawed actually show some potential in a post-apocalyptic city builder and trade management sort of way
>The Settlements and Weapon mods actually give that junk you're collecting some value outside merely caps
>The dog is a little more interactive and useful (MGSV came out a little while before and had a much better dog that kinda overshadowed it but it was still an improvement over the rest of the series)

Things Fallout 4 did significantly worse
>Storytelling
>World building
>Exploration
>Balance
>Progression
>Atmosphere
>Dialogue
>Role playing
>Statistics, Perks, Attributes and Character building
>Pacing (gives you a power armor and has you fight a death claw 5 minutes in and then has to desperately find an excuse to stop you from using it the rest of the game)

Things Fallout 4 did the same or worse but not significantly so
>everything else

>Was it the worse game in the franchise?
No, not even close.

>Was it the best game in the franchise?
No, not even close.

>Was it a good Fallout game?
No.

>Was it a good game, on it's own merits
Depends entirely on what you were looking for.
>>
Travis was well worth forcing myself through the entire game for.
>>
>>330881718
>Was it the worse game in the franchise?
>No, not even close.
which one is the worst?
>>
>>330881718
>Exploration
>Atmosphere
>Perks ect

wrong on those accounts. just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're not good
>>
>>330881376
>>gunplay
>Hahaha, oh god no. The gunplay in Fallout 4 is ass. Slightly less ass than 3 or NV, but still ass.

How is the gunplay worse in 3/nv? Fallout 4 seems exactly the same except it feels like I'm moving through molasses.
>>
>>330881798
Shelter or Brotherhood of Steel
>>
>>330881927
wrong on those accounts. just because you like them doesn't mean they're not bad
>>
>>330881110
The marketing
>>
>>330881927
You're kidding right?
>>
Shooting was fun, character creator was good and perk points every level was nice.
>>
>>330881951
The gun play in F3/NV has bullet spread like you're shooting an arrow towards the wind
>>
the shadows looked accurate to their position relative to the sun and occluding object
>>
>>330881110
Cait and Curie
>>
Gunplay's pretty solid. That's FO4's single biggest improvement over 3 and NV in which you could point the reticle right at something and still not be sure if you were going to hit and had to rely on VATS 90% of the time.

Would be even better if they'd extended the guns' maximum range but I'm guessing this is something I can fix myself once the GECK is out
>>
>>330881976
the funny thing is, all the problems with brotherhood of steel are the same problems 4 has
>>
>>330881110
exploration
open world
gunplay
females
robots
real time destruction
everything related to voice acting and sound design
a few very nice quests

the rest is garbage. It's still the game I spent the most time on in the recent years.
>>
By far the best companions in any Fallout game
Best creature designs
Best graphics

That's about it
>>
>>330881110
power armor customization, but it should be late game item.
>>
>>330881110
I think the only thing they got kind of right in that game is modding weapons.
but like all tes or fallout games weapons and armor are leveled so after level 10 you never use a pipe rifle again even know you cant level the mods up fully unlill level 20+

like mmos youcant wear armoror use weapons for is feel or looks you have to use it for its leve so we all use epic loot, or run around in deadric armor late tes game.
stupid mechanics limited the weapon mods in fo4 too.
>>
>>330882375
>By far the best companions in any Fallout game
baby first fallout game
>>
Gunplay
perk system
minecraft shit but it was unneeded tb h
>>
>>330882617
I actually thought the 'minecraft shit' was the worst part of the settlements.

I'd much rather have a more in-depth wasteland survival economy city builder simulation than a build your on junkyard fortress out of scraps and defend your city against a pitiable wave of random mooks.
>>
>>330882375
>By far the best companions in any Fallout game
>not taking boon to ceasers camp
>>
>>330881110
gunplay
power armor
overworld
>>330881189
fo3 was horrible
>>
>>330882617
I actually liked the perk system, defo better than fo3's rpg ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''mechanics''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
>>
>>330882213
>rely on VATS 90% of the time.
The think the problem this time around though is they made VATs worthless.

I almost never ended up using it since it was just easier to point and click than it was to open up vats in their slow as fuck menu select the part I wanted to shoot, check the percentages and then have him hit me while I'm pressing go because vats doesn't actually stop the game this time around for some retarded reason. Meanwhile if I didn't use vats I could have just shot him in the head 10 times in a row before he got within 10 feet of me.
>>
I actually did like the way the Perk system worked in this game, since it made different builds play very differently from each other right out the gate instead of having to wait until you were near the level cap.

I liked FO4 the least of everyone in my circle, but I still had a lot of fun stories to share with my Luck build.
>>
>>330882212
>Cait
>That accent.
>>
>>330881110
that I like it more than FO3
>>
>>330881110
Nothing tbqphwyrnatmf
>>
>>330881110
Looting was good
>>
>>330883747
Fook me, my treasure fook me now
>>
>>330884042
I think I got this right and I do I hate everything about you and myself.
To be quite perfectly honest with you right now at the moment senpai.

Fuck I hate how this place as changed and the faggots it has brought in.
>>
>>330884379
Oh my fuck. It censors F.a.m. Now.
>>
>>330881110

I thought the world itself was well done compared to past Fallouts. Not a lot of totally empty space for an open world game (wandering the wasteland in FO3 was just a chore, and obviously in the old FOs it was just an overland map). the rewards for exploring were repetitive and lame (steamer trunk and occasional magazine/bobblehead! oh boy!) but the locations i thought were also interesting, e.g. instead of a thousand subway tunnels (though there were a couple) it was a good mix of areas e.g. schools, hospitals, the lighthouse, boatyard, etc etc

the shooting mechanics were also pretty decent i thought, but that should be a given when FPS games are a dime a dozen.
>>
>>330884379
Yup, you got it right :)
>>
>>330884467
welcome to 3 months ago
>>
>>330884751
I don't use memes. So it is actually easy for me to miss when forced ones are censored.
>>
>>330884549
Agreed. People forget how much of FO3 and NV was just empty, empty space, where a few annoyances might spawn every once and a while, but most of the time you were just walking from place to place. The places that were civilization were chambered into a million different airlocks (or subways).

I felt they could've done more to integrate quests with some of the actual areas though. Salem barely had anything aside from a witch museum. Quincy felt like they were building something up for it but ran out of time so they just stuck in some named mobs instead. Diamond City was a bit of a disappointment. However, the actual downtown Boston area is a pretty fun place to go mayheming around in, and its expansive both horizontally and vertically without being separated by a million airlocks (aside from maybe elevators, but those aren't necessarily the same sort of airlocks as FO3 and NV had).
>>
Mirelurks were awesome, new ghouls would've been great if they didnt literally clip through you, behind you and generally pull impossible moves

deathclaws were RUINED. they dont even methodically chase you down, they skimper around like idiots and roar to the point you can burn em down before they're even coming at you

i guess thats it,

to be honest I really enjoyed the institute ending because you get to do bunker hill and assault on airport so you fight a shit load of heavies and BoS and even maxson himself and u get his gatling laser
>>
>>330886083
>Do the Bunker Hill mission while on good terms with the Railroad and BoS.
>Neither of them attack me.
>Start shooting paladins, vertibirds, and railroad agents.
>They're still passive towards me.
>One of the vertibirds I shot down landed right on the hatch so I can't enter.
>Sit in a chair for and wait for it to despawn.
>Walk in, capture the synths, walk out without being shot a single time.

Quality coding by Bethesda. Just like when I had to take radio boy as a permanent companion because two of the bandits in his quest were unkillable.
>>
>>330881110
It had a working game uninstaller. This is the only thing they managed to do right.
>>
>>330881645
>more player customisation options
>YOU'RE A VETERAN
or
>YOU'RE A LAWYER

Appearance isn't the only kind of customisation, anon. F4 massively railroaded you in terms of building your character.
>>
I liked the weather. Rad storms were pretty cool.
>>
I liked that I could walk right into and throughout Boston without 50 loading screens
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.