[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that are okay for young children and not shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1920x1080
Games that are okay for young children and not shit?
>>
>>330879487
A young child should be playing with other children.
A young child needs to stay away from videogames; they rot the brain.
>>
>>330879620
It's for a daycare, they will be playing the games together and I want to groom them into patricians
>>
>>330879487
Monmusu Quest. They get to play with cute, fuzzy animals and it's not one of those stupid shooting games that seem to be popular nowadays. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>330879748
>Monmusu Quest
Too explicit
>>
>>330879487
Fallout tactics, that's what I olayed when I was a kid
>>
>>330879717
Kids in daycare should be playing with blocks and running around. Not sitting infront of a screen.
>>
>>330879860
So Minecraft then.
>>
>>330879860
It's not going to be a majority of the kids in front of the computers/
>>
File: Klonoa2.jpg (22 KB, 247x350) Image search: [Google]
Klonoa2.jpg
22 KB, 247x350
Have them play this, if you can find it.

>Good music
>Fun, sometimes puzzling levels
>Cute characters
>Teaches kids about sadness and sorrow, and how to deal with loss
>Also teaches kids about the cruelty of bullying and how lusting for power will consume you
>Rated E for everyone

There's one moment where one of the characters say "damn it," so make sure they don't start repeating that word.
>>
Nintendo's games
>>
>>330879487
>no mention of any Nintendo game ITT
What?

Mario, Pokemon, Zelda (a little violence is fine, probably should keep the kid away from Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess if they're under 8 though), Yoshi, Donkey Kong, pretty much most Nintendo games are great for kids and good quality to boot.

Start him off with Super Mario Bros. 3 or World.
>>
>>330879717
I'd say smash, mario kart, or rocket league
>>
>>330879487
Chex Quest
>>
Red Orchestra 2.
>>
>>330879620

Indeed, let them play multiplayer games so they learn the proper value of teamwork! Like Mario Party. Mario Party 2 is probably the best.
>>
>Force them to play games made before 2000!
LMAO!
>>
>>330879620
>>330879860
Anti-vidya conservafag parent detected.
There's been plenty of studies and, if anything, video games help develop parts of the brain faster and better, such as problem solving and complex thinking.
>>
>>330881341
Because growing up with Nintendo means never growing up at all.
>>
>>330879717
That's fucked up bro. Kids should be playing with Lego, dinosaurs, blocks or something. You suck.
>>
Lighthearted racing games gives the right amount of action and fun for children. I know I spent most of my days playing Need For Speed.

Although I'd recommend Blazerush or Micromachines as they are more easygoing and lighthearted.
>>
>People on /v/ acting like they know anything about raising a child
Just doing the opposite of what your parents did to you doesn't work
>>
>>330882083
Then they find /v/ and all is lost.
>>
>>330879620
My 3 year old can kill poes in zelda and sell them and buy bombs in zelda and he cant read. I think hes learning some advanced hand eye coordination. Plus he never plays games when hes at his moms house so hes also getting normal development.
>>
>>330879487
I know where that pic comes from.
>>
>>330883219
THE CAKE IS A LIE :^)
>>
Forge his destiny anon and buy him a Playstation/N64/Gensis/SNES/NES.

if he's like 6 he wont know how old they are, he's never seen a video game.
>>
>>330879487
get him/her a 2ds, super mario 3d world, zelda oot, zelda a link between worlds, animal crossing, harvest moon,

lego batman 2, any lego game
>>
>>330882553
>330882553
Raising your children in front of a screen is the laziest shit.
No one who plays videogames is successful and happy.
I'm glad /v/ will never be a parent.
>>
>>330882675
But that would imply they don't actually play vidya.
>>
>>330879487
Harry Potter 1-3 and The Hobbit are the ones I'd recommend.
>>
>posts thread about games for kids
>/v/'s reaction is NO YOU MUST RAISE YOUR CHILDREN PROPERLY

That's a good feel. Today is going to be a good day.
>>
Since when was /v/ full of puritans who think technology is the devil?
Don't you remember the magical feel of discovering vidya at a young age? Kids are capable of playing vidya as well as going outside and socializing, not everyone is a turbo autist like you.
>>
>>330886587
>Don't you remember the magical feel of discovering vidya at a young age?
And now we're worthless shit adults.
Children deserve better. Having them playing videogames is no different than having them watching TV all day.
>>
>>330886946
I said this earlier in the thread, but just because you're a worthless piece of shit doesn't mean doing the opposite of your parents is a good idea.
As I implied in my post, you can easily limit the amount of vidya a child plays without outright banning them from playing any. Are you seriously comparing playing any amount of vidya at all to watching TV ALL DAY?
>>
>>330879717
bought him legos, consoles just grow ignorance on the people.
>>
>>330887079
Yes I am.
They aren't developing physical and social skills. They're just there, looking at the screen like soulless retards.
No matter how you spin it, videogames are toxic and detrimental.
>>
>>330887395
Oh, you're just baiting. Nevermind.
>>
>>330887528
Whatever. You know I'm right.
>>
>>330879487
Counter Strike and Starcraft
>>
>>330884672
>Harry Potter 1 & 2
God tier taste detected
>>
File: sipping.jpg (60 KB, 439x452) Image search: [Google]
sipping.jpg
60 KB, 439x452
>>330887892
It's not like they're going to be doing this shit like fifteen hours a day like you do and they're also playing in one another's presence, having fun.
>>
>>330879717
>It's for a daycare, they will be playing the games together and I want to groom them

kek
>>
This might sound really fedora, but IMO it's best for young children to play immersive single-player games and not this new-age micro-transaction iphone crap.

I have really good memories of playing Zelda and Final Fantasy and Mario and stuff as a kid, and it was like a whole world. I actually have fond childhood memories of it.

A lot of kids nowadays...what are they gonna remember? Most likely when they're grown up they're just gonna regret spending so much of their parents' money.
>>
>>330879860
>>330882178

Related, but am I the only one that actually reacts with horror when they have those commercials about "watch us give these kids iPads and watch how quiet they get!"

Like, there was a car commercial on the other day where it showed the two kids in the back of the car singing and flailing things around - you know, kid things - and then it goes "these are your kids on our new WiFi system" and it shows the kids, glassy-eyed and unnervingly quiet, looking down at their iPads flicking away.

I genuinely said "what the fuck, that's not right!"
>>
File: IMG_3113.png (839 KB, 746x979) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3113.png
839 KB, 746x979
It's $30, you have no excuse not to get it
>>
They get enough screen time, honestly wish I never discovered Internet ruins everything. Kids are gonna stare the rest of their lives at computers don't start now. Every kid I know goes on YouTube because their parents hand them the phones/tablets to shut them up,all they do is watch other kids play with toys.Fucking braindead society now.
>>
Undertale
>>
File: 1453227523702.jpg (56 KB, 472x661) Image search: [Google]
1453227523702.jpg
56 KB, 472x661
>>330890286
but Xbox is the One excuse
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.