[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone tell me how fuck a company with one game is the b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
can anyone tell me how fuck a company with one game is the best company in the world? igdb.com /top-100/companies
>>
>>330877616
Because the list is made by retards, check the other top companies they have only 2-3 games too, obviously whatever way they count it is flawed
>>
>>330877616
Because Ciri is goat-tier waifu material
>>
>>330877616
It's funny because they lied to their fans the entire development time of the Witcher 3
>>
>>330879139
>>330877616
It's called quality over quantity you drooling morons.
>>
>>330879371
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>330877616
i believe that critics are bought to give good reviews to shill club members so it doesnt mean anything
>>
>>330879443
yeah becouse Barbie Horse Adventures: Blue Ribbon Race made by the fifth company on that list is the pinnacle of video games, also 3-5 company on that list is credited for Max Payne with the 4th company having i as the only game, but I'm sure it's top quality list
>>
>>330879454
Are you unaware about how they lied about the game downgrade for months?
>>
>Play Witcher 1
>Its shit
>?????

Is this one of those elaborate meme things?
>>
>>330879454
>There will be no downgrade. In fact the game will even look better.
>Every Npc's face will be unique
>You can go in every house in Novigrad
>muh 36 different endings consist in a slideshow
>Tons of cut contend (look at the trailers).
ect
>>
>>330879819

A good game being called shit? Yeah, that's a pretty well-known meme.
>>
>>330879985
Ah so it is good?

Guess its just not for me then.
>>
>>330880006
The beginning felt meh-ish, but the other half of the game was really good. The DLC felt even better
>>
>>330877616
They're rating games not companies, aren't they? In that case the number of games they made is irrelevant.
>>
>>330877616
Well deserved. Witcher 3 is the best RPG I have ever played, no rpg comes in my mind that is deep as Witcher 3.

Moreover CDPR gave free DLCs for Witcher 3. CDPR is the best video gaming company in the world. Other developers should learn from CDPR about offering free DLCs.
>>
>>330880172
>withold content from game that was already done
>release previously completed content as free dlc
>get good press even though the content should have been in the game already
>>
350% stock growth. Not bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk6K9qr4joE
>>
>>330877616
Holy motherfucking shit Rocksteady is 13th.
>>
>>330877616
Witcher 3 has Ciri in it. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>330880006
I like your attitude anon, open and flexible. I tried to like the witcher and started with two and absolutely hated the combat, so I stopped very early.
>>
>>330880261
The only company that actively gets away with this shit.
>>
>>330879973
the downgrade I'll give you but the rest is bullshit
>>
>>330880261
>withold content from game that was already done
>release previously completed content as free dlc

So I guess it would be better if they charged you for it like literally everyone else. People on this board are fucking retards.
>>
>>330880397

Should have believed in Slav magics and bought stocks.
>>
File: 9.jpg (7 KB, 214x189) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
7 KB, 214x189
>igdb

Literally who?
>>
>>330880513

There is objectively cut content, Novigrad was going to be invaded

They also lied about the CDPR creation kit that we never got. Not even that guy but no need to shill
>>
File: 0150.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
0150.png
490 KB, 449x401
>Underpay their employees
>try to enforce a law against pirates that didn't even exist only to get terrible publicity and drop the lawsuit
>Downgrade their game
>Offer zero modding support like they initially promised
>Make 2 mediocre games and one decent one pandering at Skyrim/Open world autists

Kek
>>
>>330879973

The farther we are from release the more elaborate these stories get.

12 years from now newfags will be telling me how cdpr commited the biggest backstabbing in the history of video games while EA was saving the industry through their good will alone.
>>
>>330882623
Both Witcher 1 and 2 were great tho. Witcher 3 is too Ubisoft to be great.
>>
>>330880863
Just because it's better than competition doesn't mean it's good and should be praised, moron.
>>
>>330879973
>>There will be no downgrade. In fact the game will even look better.
>>Every Npc's face will be unique
>>You can go in every house in Novigrad

They never said any of those.

>>muh 36 different endings consist in a slideshow

You're a moron if you didn't understand that's what it meant.

>>Tons of cut contend (look at the trailers).

Like what? You mean placeholders?
>>
>>330882774
>List of best companies
>Literally admitting it acts better than other companies
>"But... but..."

Sorry, what was the point you were trying to prove again?
>>
File: 1431895821230.jpg (222 KB, 785x1220) Image search: [Google]
1431895821230.jpg
222 KB, 785x1220
>>330882930

>There will be no downgrade. In fact the game will even look better.
>>
>>330882973

What do they do better than other companies.
>>
>>330882527
They said that you won't be able to go in every house in Novingrad. They said that you can visit around 35-40% of all houses in Novingrad like 6-7 months before the game was released. And if there is cut content then where are the why is it that the main story and all the side quest have a beginning, middle and an end? Why no of them ore any thing you can do in the game feels cut of at some point?
>>
File: ciri is displeased.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ciri is displeased.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Ciri thread?
>>
>>330883212

>They said that you won't be able to go in every house in Novingrad

I never said anything about houses. I said that it was found out about 3 months ago that they had a huge battle planned for Novigrad where it would get invaded.

Also, they even had a gameplay mechanic involving fighting on ice skates. Why are you defending them so much?
>>
>>330882930
they did say that there is no downgrade. Well they only changed the light and all the other textures are the same. But the game still looks much better on PC then is dose on consoles.
>>
>>330882973
I wasn't talking about the list, I was responding to talk about the free DLC. Try reading next time. Just because this company is being slightly less shitty than another one doesn't mean they're not shit. "Better" and "best" mean absolutely nothing when the competition is this bad.
>>
>>330883124

Oh the harshness of the world
Something did not actually turn out they expected it to?
In this world?

I love the irony of all this.

Watchdogs downgrade on 0day - some yelling but people still bought
Dark Souls downgrade on 0day - some yelling but people still don't care
Fallout 4 "downgrade" and massive NDA to keep everyone in the dark until 0day - some yelling but extremely succesful game everyone is happy with their broken ugly piece of shit

Witcher 3 downgrades and shows it to everyone over 1 month before release - everybody has time to step back, to cancel preorders, and all that. - CDPR IS THE ANTICHRIST ITS BEEN A YEAR AND IM STILL BUTTHURT ABOUT IT BURN THEM ALL
>>
>>330883187
You only need to follow the conversation, anon.
>>
>>330877616
>having a favorite company

AHAHAHAHA good goys
>>
>>330883359
That's fucking stupid. Games can't removed a single thing, even things people had no fucking idea about, without someone whining about cut content? Guess what, video games have budgets and time constraints. Literally every game in existence has had content cut.
>>
>>330879371
They lied and shilled just as hard for TW2, but I don't think neo-/v/ remembers.
They literally went "see that mountain" in one of the previews, just to deliver corridors with skyboxes in the end.
>>
>>330877616

They have Ori and the Blind Forest and Shovel Knight above any MGS game and you're bitching about Witcher 3?

This is why I don't visit /v/, you can go to any other board on 4chan and there's way better video game discussion when they come up.
>>
>>330883359
When things don't work with in the story they get removed like the battle in Novingrad and ice skates (they ware supposed to be introduced weary late in the game). And for the battle in Novingrad, if it was cut they would have said something about it before the game released not after. So it was removed not cut.
>>
>>330883539

Well MGS games are pretty terrible on all fronts and no matter how big they got in the end its a fucking niche.
>>
File: 1429203354268.png (29 KB, 310x326) Image search: [Google]
1429203354268.png
29 KB, 310x326
>>330883514

>there was no cut content!
>Yes there was *proceeds to list them*
>STOP FUCKING WHINING, ALL GAMES HAVE CUT CONTENT

Why are CDshills so defensive?
>>
>>330883430
>Fallout 4 "downgrade" and massive NDA to keep everyone in the dark until 0day - some yelling but extremely succesful game everyone is happy with their broken ugly piece of shit

fallout 4s graphics are exactly the same as those shown in the preview
>>
>>330883359
You're a retard, every company out there has plans or ideas they wish they could implement or tried but couldn't because of budget/time.

>it was found out about 3 months ago that they had a huge battle planned for Novigrad where it would get invaded.
>it was found out

You say it like someone made an investigation or something when in fact they just mentioned it on an interview talking about things they couldn't do. You say it like they promised we would be fighting in ice skates in the first place.
>>
File: 124211254363.jpg (91 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
124211254363.jpg
91 KB, 323x323
>>330883683

>MGS games are pretty terrible on all fronts

>>330883694

There's easily over 100 hours of content in the game, I don't think bitching about a lack of content is a valid critique.
>>
>>330883359

You know every fucking game you ever played had cuts like that right?
ALL OF THEM

Maybe you need a new hobby - or you know, some understanding about how games are made.

People plan and then adapt to their budget and time constraints
TW3 aimed very very high and thus had a lot cut from the end of the MQ.

They still delivered more than the average AAA title in the last 5 years does though.
>>
>>330883761

Except you had a trailer and some well made bullshots to go by.

Also if you have eyes you can see I pointed this out using these magical things "".
>>
>>330883858

They spent over a half a year prior to the game coming out throwing a tantrum over any little thing they could think of. The game coming out and being universally praised wouldn't change their mind because they had no desire to like it to begin with.

I'm sure it makes them even more pissed off seeing it BTFO every other game last year since this is clearly a concerted effort by mad jealous fanboys.
>>
>>330877616
you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>330884249

You are probably right, its simply not a fact I want to accept, that people are this fucking stupid and this attached to their fuckign internet-opinions.
>>
>>330879287
this. if youre not a ciri fag then your a regular fag
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.