[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GREAT competitive games not very much known out there? Spee
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: SpeedRunners.jpg (56 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
SpeedRunners.jpg
56 KB, 460x215
GREAT competitive games not very much known out there?

SpeedRunners just feels so good to play. Looking is great. controls are so perfect. too fun to coach multiplayer too. a shit ton of maps, and new ones every week.

If you mix mario kart + smash bros + fast paced plataformer you have it

there is already an open beta for Linux and Mac too, working pretty good. you can try the offline version for free, and it still works to play with friends at home

i'll drop the trailer over here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDGzN0fRQI0
>>
don't die thread pls D:
>>
>>330872153
I played this back when it had a free weekend late last year. I had fun with it and I really like the idea of a competitive multiplayer platformer. (especially since platformers are the only genre I'm anywhere near good enough at to be competitive)

Does it still have a relatively active playerbase? I'll probably get it next time it's on sale.
>>
>Play for like a week straight, get fairly high up in ranked.
>Don't play for ages, try again last week.
>I'm still stuck in high rank, while I'm so rusty I might as well be a new player.

And now I'll probably never play again.
>>
BEEP BEEP SHILL ALERT
>>
>>330872742
yeah, i can find players 24 hours here and i guess there are more of them at low ranks. i can have no lag games even with people from other continents. so yeah no problem about that

there was a 1$ sale at humblebumble weekly a couple of weeks ago :(

>>330872757
cheer up bro, you can play quick matches till you get there. or just derank till you rekt noobs there. you'll find the love and halp at SR forums too :))
>>
>>330872851
when did introducing games to other guys become shill? you don't have to pay to read this or something
>>
>>330873071
I was about to read what you had replied to me until I saw you stuffing emoticons in where they don't belong.
Go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>330873196
lol. everyone has it's arguments to hate things. it must be hard to see the life through your eyes. good luck grownboywhodoesn'tuseemoticonscuzhis17now
>>
>>330873690
Atleast I can spell.
And I'm not even gonna start on your horrible grammar.
>>
>>330873690
Is this some elaborated ruse? Because I'd be less mad if you're only pretending to be retarded.

Here's a pro tip, nigger. Ifyou wanna shill that badly, blend in at least.
I swear to god, does people thinks every board on the site is like /b/ or /gif/?
>>
>>330872851
>trying this hard to fit in.
>>
>>330874052
They come straight from reddit and assume everyone else is as much of a faggot as themselves because they don't know better.
>>
>>330872153
How in any world is speedrunners or mario kart competetive

Speedrunners everyone hits the skill cap in like 2 hours of playing by just learning the maps

Then its just bullshit rng the rest of the way as people get drills to win the game?
>>
>>330872153
>Posts a trailer
Well at least we know its not a youtube guy looking for hits

Its just the devs wondering why no one plays their stupid rng fest anymore after spending fuck tons on marketting a 2d mario kart
>>
File: header[4].jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header[4].jpg
44 KB, 460x215
I've loved Speedrunners for a long time now, along with this one.
>>
>>330874425
I will allow lethal league shilling since the dev came from agdg
>>
>>330874425
Candyman master race reporting in
>>
File: putaso1.png (15 KB, 192x247) Image search: [Google]
putaso1.png
15 KB, 192x247
>>330873891
>>330874052
ok boys, i'm sorry i broke the CS:GO vs COD discussion board with a non-japanese looking game. i'm sorry too you can't understand foreign people trying to use your language. you are missing a big world out there

sharing a fucking game is not so wrong, you boys are just damn crazy xD chill out or you'll kill yourselves before the age of 30
>>
>>330874325
you are wrong. speedrunners has a loooong learning curve. check the high rank players, they took 1-2 years to get that skill.

i compared this to mario kart for the item-bitching others players to add fun.

>>330874425
this is great too!! so good to coach play with the mates, and game music is diamonds. too bad i can't find online games in my region. i want to play more lethal league so bad
>>
>>330874528
I don't want to live to see 30 if I have to share the world with retards like you.
>>
>>330874424
lol i posted the trailer becouse it's the vid i watched that made me want to try the game. i wish i was a dev, but i just have too much free time i ended up posting here. i discover the game in november 2015
>>
>>330874791
>Playtime = skill curve

Please stop being retarded

You can learn the optimal route to a map in maybe 10 laps

Then all of the other variables are the rng power ups
>>
game doesn't work on realtek audio chips. had to disable mine in order to run it.
on the forums the dev wrote to other players, facing the same issue, lmao your sound card is just bad.
>>
>>330874816
don't worry, one day you'll find the way to just scroll down for threads you want to check instead of trying to get a penis in your mouth at the ones that talk subjetcts you don't feel interested about. cheers
>>
>>330874528
>xD
>>
>>330875025
you must be a very special person if you master a map on 10 laps.

>>330875140
it sucks if the dev really gave the players that kind of an answer. was it long ago? i never saw them being so dicky these months
but i've never seen that issue, maybe it was just fixed a time ago. the game is still being developed and there are bug fixes constantly. not like it has million of bugs, but as they make new features some bugs come out, and devs are there working to fix every bug players find, improving the maps we don't like a lot, and so
>>
>>330875642
Its hardly masterful

Its a static platformer with a duck button and a grapple hook

It will be the same each lap

Laps are fairly short
>>
>>330875642
>Im not a dev
>Devs are great

You could of won us over there by just admitting that was shitty behavior but you blew it with the defence force
>>
>>330875389
8==D~~

well maybe you don't know, but when you are used to talk girls you end up using this gay shit. it does not change the general message anyway, no actual need to bitch about that. i was so edgy when i was 17-18 i told myself to hate emoticons too. :*
>>
Dropping by to say people who are really good at speedrunners blew my fucking mind.

Like I thought I had the game down, then got fucking decimated by some high rank rando.

It's got that going for it.
>>
>>330875901
For someone hired for pr your english is very broken

Step it up senpai or you wont get a tip
>>
>>330875764
i'd be up to play with you to prove you are wrong in half a minute, or show you high skilled players videos if you are interested. but looks like if i do that the kiddos will think i'm a fucking youtuber. i'm telling you there is a lot more than that you just might ignore as you just didn't get to see it
>>
>>330875994
yeah sherlock, i'm getting paid to use broken english here.

damn is this board for videogames or for real life bullied boys to try and bully others online? i really feel worse and worse for you every post i read. sadface*
>>
>>330876178
What is they to ignore

Games are just programs

Programs are just logic and algorithms derived from variables

You can see every variable of speedrunners in like 10 minutes of playing

Which is perfect for streams and youtube videos because it requires no dedication to get to the point of seeming competant

But in reality it gets old fast unless your in a socially dependant group that gravitated towards it because of said videos
>>
>>330876446
>Feeling sad for someone you dont know
That seems like a waste of effort
But so does speedrunners so i guess thats just your personality
>>
>>330876483
so you won't try that 10 laps skills against me will you. this way you can prove i'm wrong and you don't ignore 95% of the ingame skills as i think you do by your words

>>330876584
hahahaha yeah. i'm a piece of shit of a person but i'm still a nice boy who share his favourite games to other players.

i feel bad for a lot of things that happen in this cruel world, actually. young people behaviour is leads to other big problems in future, you know
>>
>>330877012
>is leads

yeh english typing is hard for me, making an effort tho
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.