[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do We Even Need Video Game Developers in the Gaming Industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
Every day I talk about video games and I find myself talking less and less about those video games. Rather, I like reading about the people who play them and the people who review them. I am attracted to the news about people starting a fundraising campaign for a new video game journalism site or people with opinions talking about that news on a podcast. I enjoy this much more than playing video games and so do a lot of people.

The truth is, video game developers are worthless in today’s gaming industry. They don’t have podcasts or video game sites or YouTube channels, they just make video games. So I pose this question, do we even need video game developers?

If all video game developers were to die today, that would just be fine because we already have all the entertainment we could ever want. Gaming podcasts and opinion pieces by video game journalists can still thrive in a world without new video games. Streamers and YouTube gamers already have an endless supply of video games to play and all the people who watch them certainly won’t care if new video games aren’t released as long as those people are still entertaining them.

Video game media is extremely visible and extremely lucrative in today’s market. If you go onto any message board, you’ll see people argue about what their favorite reviewer mentioned or what some person said about how the video game industry is destroying society.
>>
File: T6K_lX-nrncX.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
T6K_lX-nrncX.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
"Just about anything related to video games makes quick easy cash, except developing them."
>>
>>330852834
I happen to work in the industry.

What. People would complain that there's no new material in less than a year.

The only games that would continue to get played are games that are built for it and even then without developers to patch it.

Cheaters would rise up and break the game, Still i'm sure there's always mario sunshine to keep your company.
>>
>>330852834
I just... I just don't know if you're serious...
Like I don't even know how to respond.
>>
>>330853193
Youtube is the biggest entertainment entity today and it's mostly Video game footage.
>>
>>330852834
end your life retard
>>
>>330853931

Sometimes I feel video games will never become something more than just video games. When will video games evolve past being a tool used to deliver gameplay to people?

Why put in gameplay in the first place if it only exists to prevent players from reaching the deeper meanings of the game? Why are developers so ignorant to the flaws of modern video games? I believe I know the answer. Gameplay exists to satisfy “gamers” who ignore everything else except the gameplay. These people are holding back what video games can be.

I believe in a future where we can enjoy all of the graphics and story of a video game without having to suffer the consequences of added gameplay. Developers will have an easier time making video games without having to consider things like controls and difficulty. We can control how we feel about video games and video games can be made harder depending on the complexity of the topics in it. Face it, gameplay is dying and it’s time to put it out of its misery.
>>
>>330855234
so your proposal is to make movies...
>>
>>330855234
nope.
>>
>>330852834
>OP just discovered p4rgaming
Good for you anon.
>>
File: GOTY of all years.jpg (914 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GOTY of all years.jpg
914 KB, 1280x720
>>330855324
>>330855523

Shut up.
>>
>be op
>read funneh year old joke article on funneh website
>"hurr ill post it on /v/ that'll bait a few newfags"
http://www.p4rgaming.com/do-we-even-need-video-game-developers-in-the-gaming-industry/
>>
>>330855641
and what are you exactly trying to prove?
>>
>>330855234
they don't need to develop any further. Just like Paintings don't need to develop any further than just being 2D pieces of shit and colors.
>>
File: heavyrain.jpg (597 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
heavyrain.jpg
597 KB, 1920x1080
>>330855778

Less gameplay it as, the best and most appraised the game.
>>
File: is-this-real-life.jpg (48 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
is-this-real-life.jpg
48 KB, 500x363
>>330852834
>do we even need video game developers
What shit are you smoking son.
>>
>>330855324
Movies don't have achivements for completing parts of it, games give me all the rewards without any of the work, they are the ultimate form of enterteiment
>>
>>330852834
what would podcasts hosts review if all devs died? shit thread
>>
>>330856225
>>330855716
>>
>>330855234

Videogame became more than just videogames a long time ago.
>>
>>330852834
DO WE EVEN NEED PEOPLE THAT MAKE THINGS ANYMORE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhh_GeBPOhs
>>
>>330855234
> When will video games evolve past being a tool used to deliver gameplay to people
Do you know the definition of a game? It's something you interact with this a win/lose state. Your statement is an oxymoron. A game can't be a game without gameplay.

>Why put in gameplay in the first place if it only exists to prevent players from reaching the deeper meanings of the game
What deeper meanings are you referring too? You can't just say that and expect us to understand your brand of crazy.

>Why are developers so ignorant to the flaws of modern video games
Again give us some examples, we have no idea what your talking about

>Gameplay exists to satisfy “gamers” who ignore everything else except the gameplay. These people are holding back what video games can be.
Okay messiah so you don't like gameplay? Go watch a movie.

>we can enjoy all of the graphics and story of a video game without having to suffer the consequences of added gameplay
Again.. if you don't like gameplay, go watch a movie for entertainment.

>Developers will have an easier time making video games without having to consider things like controls and difficulty
So you don't want to interact with the game? You want it to be easy? Do you really find that enjoyable? What the fuck are you talking about?

>We can control how we feel about video games and video games can be made harder depending on the complexity of the topics in it
More explaining required. Give me some examples of complex topics.

>Face it, gameplay is dying and it’s time to put it out of its misery.
I'm not doubting your batshit insane mind thinks that but most other people disagree.
>>
File: anita 980x.jpg (203 KB, 980x1470) Image search: [Google]
anita 980x.jpg
203 KB, 980x1470
>>
>>330855716
>http://www.p4rgaming.com/do-we-even-need-video-game-developers-in-the-gaming-industry/
>>330856913
I just wasted my fucking time. Fuck you OP.
>>
File: 1251817667328.jpg (155 KB, 519x447) Image search: [Google]
1251817667328.jpg
155 KB, 519x447
>>330857137
Yes you did.
That'll teach you to reply to dumb shit on /v/
>>
>>330852834
there is a huge market for new video games so i guess you are ignoring that fact to make a presumption on the state of video game critics and journalists alone, in which i see your point but i just don't believe the market would industry would stay lucrative without the promise of a constant stream of new possible content for these animals to tear apart

everyone is waiting for the next undertale of FNAF to pop off so they can catch the hype train and that's the real champion of these streamers and critics, NEW HOT games
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.