[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth revisiting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: xbox_76.jpg (2 MB, 3190x2140) Image search: [Google]
xbox_76.jpg
2 MB, 3190x2140
Is this worth revisiting?
>>
Yeah
>>
Yep. I still tell people to play it to this day.
>>
Damn I loved Blinx, I wish Microsoft would bring it back or make an HD collection or something.

Definitely worth revisiting.
>>
Not OP but can you fags tell me how to grab an xbox? I want to play shit on xbox original, and since there is practically no emulator, then a console is the only choice.
How the hell do you avoid getting tricked into buying things that don't work or break in a week?
>>
>>330851136
buy it from ebay or craigslist? idk dude dont buy shit that isnt in decent condition
>>
>>330851240
I bought a fucking ps2 controller that looked fine and worked for a week then the fucking garbage broke, this happened twice
I was quite angry.
>>
>>330851316
was it the cheap chinese shit or was it a legit ps2 controller
>>
>>330851461
Both were legit ps2 dual shocks.
I know how a legit one looks like.
I worked selling games for a long while, during 2005 or so.
>>
>>330850015
I recently got a working Xbox at a thrift store, is there a way to mod/cfw it so i can download roms into it?
>>
>>330850015
I'd upgrade to winshit 10 if microshaft released this on the pc windows store.
>>
>>330850015
Was this Microsoft's attempt to make a mascot character a la Mario, Sonic?

This game just screams mascot character, not to mention his green eyes
>>
>>330851873
This would instantly cause every vidya-fag with a childhood who had an Xbox to jump to Win10, from Macs and Linux included.
>"We are proud to announce the Xbox Revival Event!"
>"In the coming weeks, every game from the original Xbox will be brought into our PC Windows Store!"
>>
>>330850015

Yeah. This game gives off some Sega-vibes, especially since the OST sounds like something out of NiGHTS.
>>
Sure, it's still a fun little platformer with a neat gimmick even if it's a little janky at points. The music's good too.
>>
>>330852045
>Green eyes = mascot
What?
Also, yeah. It was their counter to Mario+Sonic.
And then Halo skyrocketed and they swept Blinx under the carpet right after Blinx 2 IIRC.
Which is also around the time gritty "realistic, but not" games and FPS started taking over the Console market.
>>
>>330851658
http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Easiest-Way-To-Soft-Mod-An-Original-XBOX/step5/The-Fruits-of-Your-Labours/
We used to do a method similar to this ne, except the guy somehow had an original xbox memory with the files. I never saw how he did it though, but this works.
>>
>>330850015
I played the sequel, never tried the original. I remember having tons of fun
>>
>>330850015
The monster design is so fucking uninspired. It really bugs me, since I want to like the game.
>>
>>330852376
Green eyes = Xbox was black+green, with green everywhere.
>>
>>330852243
God damn it'd sell like hot cakes
>>
>>330852532
damn, it says I need Splinter Cell to do this, are there any other games that will work? I only have JSRF.
>>
>>330853454
oh wow its only like $9 on Ebay, free shipping, eh I guess its worth
>>
>>330851109

Microsoft don't own the IP anymore.

It's up for grabs so anyone could make it if they wanted to.
>>
>>330852243
It depresses me how much I would jump on this. A quarter of the reason I got Rare Replay was cause I never got to play Grabbed by the Ghoulies and it was literally one of the only Rare games I had never played.

I would love to play shit like Whacked!, Kung Fu Chaos and Voodoo Vince again at like 4k 60fps
>>
File: 1448863281731s.jpg (8 KB, 228x227) Image search: [Google]
1448863281731s.jpg
8 KB, 228x227
>the final boss and build up towards it

Holy fucking shit, I'm still having traumatic flashbacks about it. Blinx had an issue with the whole difficulty curve.
>>
I fucking love that game, and the time features were so amazing to me at the time. why were they shit on critically?
>>
>>330853980
Ive had this game for over 10 years and i still, STILL, cant fucking kill the final boss (mainly because the build up is fucking insane).
>>330853695
I'm so glad to see other anons mention Voodoo Vince, it deserves more recognition
>>
I always had this vague memory of a genesis game that feature a cat with time manipulation powers and something with basketballs. I'm I wrong?
>>
>>330853980
I remember some level near the end called Cave of Hours or something and it was fucking brutal.
>>
>>330853980
Blinx was difficult as balls. That's why that game didn't sold well.
>>
>>330855070
The last boss was a gauntlet. It forced you to go through all the other bosses to reach the final one. In one continue.

Wouldn't even be so bad If it wasn't for the ice stage.
>>
>>330853980

>that final boss
>the music getting more and more intense as it goes on
>it's practically cheering you on as you keep it together for the final, risky blow

Everything was forgiven, because the devs knew what they were doing. What a GOAT final boss. Nothing quite kicked my ass in such an epic fashion like Blinx's final boss.
>>
>>330851136
Since the batteries are prone to melting you should probably ask to see the insides of it or at least see that it runs before you buy it. then you can crack it open yourself and remove it if it's a faulty one.
>>
File: 1401800135976.jpg (294 KB, 760x901) Image search: [Google]
1401800135976.jpg
294 KB, 760x901
>>330855306
>ice level

Where the boss is a crude looking fish, smacks the ice when it takes damage and progressively gives you less space to dodge its attacks.

Don't any of you guys forget about:
>ice physics
>slipping and sliding everywhere
>>
>>330855827
Who thought that was a good idea for a kids game?
>>
>>330850015
Eh, its fun but i'd rather play the sequel.
>>
>>330855827
I always got stuck at the whole ancient egyptian ruin levels.

Plus the fact that you were kind of nudged towards buying stronger vacs but they're expensive as balls
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.