[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't want Metal Gear to end, especially not the way V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 9
File: Venom_Snake_TTP.png (893 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Venom_Snake_TTP.png
893 KB, 900x900
I don't want Metal Gear to end, especially not the way V ended, but it feels odd to know it's really not gonna be "there" anymore, and any hope of a real sequel is gone now that Kojima is gone.

How did you deal with this?
>>
>>330836693
By playing the last game. It was shit.
>>
Playing 4

thats how it really ended, just deal with it
>>
>>330836693
i still watch the trailers of the game.

I still feel the phantom pain , damn what a different game they sells us in the trailers
>>
>>330836693
It won't end, Konami will just find a new, competent director to take over.
>>
>>330836693
ive only ever played the first 3 and i am completely satisfied with metal gear existing only as a trilogy

ive never even tried to play any of the new ones
>>
>>330836693
Metal Gear probably will continue in some fashion. It may be good, it might be bad. Hopefully whatever we get next is a total reboot with new characters and a new continuity, keeping the core premise. Weird shit like MGS4 and MGSV are what happens when a continuity doesn't have any room for new stories that feel natural (not that both couldn't have been better than they were, especially in terms of game design).

Metal Gear lost a lot of its appeal for me with MGS3. It's only gotten worse from there. I was never particularly excited for TPP. I'm curious what will come next, but I finished "grieving" Metal Gear a long time ago.
>>
It's a funny how self referencing the title is given the sense of disappointment and loss people get when they think about what the game could have been, it truly is mgs5 "the phantom pain"
>>
>>330836693
>especially not the way V ended
>>330836981
>thats how it really ended, just deal with it

Second anon is right. I don't even want to defend the game but you crying anons don't know shit about the franchise. We knew that V was going to be a set up for Outer Heaven that sits between Peace Walker and MG 1.
>>
I am sure there will be a sequel, there has to be.
>>
>>330837325
You should try out the MSX games (especially MG2) and Ghost Babel.
>>
>>330836693
>How did you deal with this?

By being dead inside, which comes naturally if you've been playing video games the past 10 years
>>
>Kiefer Sutherland was used as Big Boss for the last game in the series
I'm still confused over this. It's not like he would come back without Kojima, right?
>>
>>330838727
It is not the last MGS.
>>
>>330837325
dude, the Operations games are great. Maybe not POOPS so much, but it's a quaint start and a stepping stone to something greater.

V is one of the best controlling games of all time
>>
>>330838727
Who?
>>
>>330837325
>i am completely satisfied with metal gear existing only as a trilogy

I played the entire franchise within the last year and you nostalgia fagots make NO fucking sense. How the fuck are you satisfied with Ocelot running off with metal gear rex and half the philosophers legacy ?! Those are the most incomplete sequel bait endings I've ever seen. But no let's cry for Eli who fucks off with Saha... which happens to align perfectly with MGS 1.
>>
>>330839135
2 is a fake simulation that never happened. 1 and 3 are the only actual canon MGS games.
>>
>>330839135
>but m-muh nuclear trailer
>>
>>330839227
I never understood this, would you mind explaining?
>>
>>330836693
By MGS ended at 4.
>>
>>330839135
>How the fuck are you satisfied with Ocelot running off with metal gear rex and half the philosophers legacy ?!
Liquid running off with RAY wasn't sequel bait so much as just giving the game's ending the feeling of being on the cusp of something larger, which works in harmony with the idea of Raiden coming into his own. It's the same as any story that ends with a "but the journey/fight/adventure goes on!" ending.
>and half the philosophers legacy ?!
What the fuck are you talking about? We know from MGS2 that Ocelot is an agent of the Patriots. We also know from MGS3's timeline that the Philosophers become the Patriots. He got the money to help create the Patriots. This isn't even a loose end, let alone sequel bait.
>>
>>330839478

>MGS died on that tanker 6 games ago
>>
>>330839549
>Liquid running off with RAY wasn't sequel bait so much as just giving the game's ending the feeling of being on the cusp of something larger

same with sally being stolen then?
>>
>>330839227
>fake simulation

wrong on both accounts. it's a mimetic operation meant to mirror both Outer Heaven Uprising and Shadow Moses operations. not fake or a simulation.
>>
>>330839227
>2 is a fake simulation that never happened. 1 and 3 are the only actual canon MGS games.
You mean 3 is a sub world that takes place within the simulation segment of MGS2
>>
1/2/4 and Ghost Babel are the only real MGS games

the rest is basically Kojima writing fanfiction about his own shit
>>
>>330839716
No, because TPP takes place in 1984. It's a prequel. We know what happens to Liquid and to Psycho Mantis, and Sahelanthropus is nowhere to be found. I don't give a shit about Mission 51 being cut (it's the least of the game's worries), but they're not similar at all.
>>
>>330839549
>giving the game's ending the feeling of being on the cusp of something larger

dude that's the biggest load of deflecting bullshit I've read in a while.

>>330839549
>Philosophers become the Patriots

dude.
>>
>>330839982
>that's the biggest load of deflecting bullshit
Sure buddy.
>dude.
Look it up.
>>
>>330839879
>Sahelanthropus is nowhere to be found

your point?
>>
The Phantom Pain is to Metal Gear as Revelations is to Resident Evil: unnecessarily tries to explain something by adding more filler and hamfisted explanations.
>>
>>330840174
Philosophers have nothing to do with the Patriots apart from the Patriots being built on stolen Philosopher money
>>
>>330836986
>the side ops like GZ were repurposed as main ops
>side ops are now just a bunch of enemies
>no real Mantis fight
>nor real Man on Fire fight
>no real Skull Face fight
>huey is randomly an idiot mad at snake for no reason
>venom never does anything wrong other than putting down some diseased soldiers that could wipe out anyone speaking english
>most if not all powers are all tied back to the end, and contradict how the ends powers worked
>big boss didnt really do anthing wrong other than choose venom
>skull face was FOLLOWING YOU AROUND IN SNAKE EATER cleaning up your mess for some reason
>Quiet is some random girl
>chico is dead and unimportant
>paz is dead and unimportant
>the medic is a new unmentioned character used to explain how there were two big boss fights in MG1 and MG2
>liquid just disappears
>mantis just disappears
>sahelanthropus is fucking absurd, has a long dumb fight, barely works
>child soldiers plot barely mentioned
god why man, theres so much more it makes no fucking sense just how much it even degrades the other games
>>
>>330840205
My point is that they're not at all the same. The endings do different things. MGS2's leaving those loose ends creates a sense of mystery (the game's final dialogue reveals that Snake and Otacon's only lead is something of a dead end). In TPP's case it's just a minor part missing, because we see Liquid Snake and Psycho Mantis later, and we also know that Sahelanthropus is never mentioned again. So it presumably leads to fuck all.
>>
>>330840205
>your point?

he has no point. Sahalanthropus is rebuild into Rex. The Philosophers don't "become the Patriots". Ocelot is a triple spy. All of the things he says are bullshit.
>>
>>330840315
The timeline outright states that the Philosophers are renamed the Patriots. I know what you're saying, but what you're saying doesn't matter to my point. My point is that Ocelot getting the Legacy wasn't a loose end or sequel bait.
>>
>>330840521
From what I read many things aren't true.
>>
>>330840764
many things I mentioned? like what?
It just impresses me how little plot there was in MGSV, it may have 50 some missions but of those maybe 1 in five has actual plot.
And in that I didnt even bring up all the problems with the skulls
>>
>>330840247
>Snake kills Big Boss
>Miller trains Liquid.
>Granin designs Metal Gear.

Why on earth are you people so stubborn ? You literally base your bitching off your own cluelessness.
>>
>>330840692
>The timeline outright states that the Philosophers are renamed the Patriots.

nope.
>>
>>330836693
>I don't want Metal Gear to end, especially not the way V ended

But it ends at 4
>>
>>330841042
>The U.S. branch of "Philosophers" changes its name to the "Patriots."
I know it hurts to be wrong.
>>
>>330840952
To mention one thing Paz isn't dead.
>>
>>330840521
>the side ops like GZ were repurposed as main ops
and we got 50 of them on top of a bunch of other shit

>side ops are now just a bunch of enemies
And a reason to fuck around the open world

>no real Mantis fight
What is sally and MGS1

>nor real Man on Fire fight
Voices

>no real Skull Face fight
Salahanthropus, also, he's a frail man, a physical fight would have been stupid

>huey is randomly an idiot mad at snake for no reason
He's a cuck who lost his mind. Not to mention a rabid, sociopathic opportunist who may not hate BB at all

>venom never does anything wrong
yeah, apart from being a warmonger fueled by revenge and ultimately responsible for his comrades deaths in shining lights

>most if not all powers are all tied back to the end, and contradict how the ends powers worked
k

>big boss didnt really do anthing wrong other than choose venom
okay?

>skull face was FOLLOWING YOU AROUND IN SNAKE EATER cleaning up your mess for some reason
sure

Yup

>chico is dead and unimportant
Phantom of the past

>paz is dead and unimportant
Did you play the game?

>the medic is a new unmentioned character used to explain how there were two big boss fights in MG1 and MG2
He was your best guy from PW

>liquid/mantis just disappears
yup, no story reason for him to stick around after the DNA test

>sahelanthropus is fucking absurd, has a long dumb fight, barely works
Metal Gear absurd oh no. Here's (one of) your mantis fight btw

>child soldiers plot barely mentioned
The children could have done more but it's still a thread through much of the Africa missions

way to nitpick
>>
>>330841364
Thanks for pointing him those things.
>>
>>330840615
>Sahalanthropus is rebuild into Rex.
There's no indication of this.
>The Philosophers don't "become the Patriots".
That's what MGS3's timeline originally stated.
>Ocelot is a triple spy.
What's that have to do with anything? At the time of MGS2 and MGS3 his secret plot to undermine the Patriots hadn't been written yet, and either way it doesn't matter to my point: he was an agent of the Patriots at the time of MGS2.
>>
Whatever Konami does with the franchise-I doubt it'll be as shit as metal gear solid V
>>
File: big_boss_by_emilgoska-d5dg7qy.jpg (472 KB, 700x1001) Image search: [Google]
big_boss_by_emilgoska-d5dg7qy.jpg
472 KB, 700x1001
Big Boss's story was finished in Peace Walker. Ground Zeroes is a cutscene. MGSV is exactly what it is: a phantom which doesn't exist.
>>
>>330841867
If they're smart they'll just churn out new MGR games and let MGS die
>>
>>330841760
>That's what MGS3's timeline originally stated.
retconned in poops after Zero and Ocelot end up killing the American patriots
>>
>>330842008
Doesn't matter. That's not what the discussion is about (and it's not exactly a retcon anyway). The original post I replied to >>330839135 stated that Ocelot running off with the Legacy was sequel bait that needed to be addressed. But the game itself addresses it. It wasn't sequel bait.
>>
>>330842205
So it isn't sequel bait because it's more ambiguous than something else thats much more definitive simply by virtue of happening in a prologue? what?
>>
Just do comics and novels to fill in the gaps that weren't shown in the games?

I really don't think we need another game do we? Most people just have an issue with how the story ended.

If it's written well and with care, I'd enjoy it.
>>
>>330842373
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Just because Portable Ops happened doesn't mean that MGS3 was intended to have a direct sequel or was written with one in mind. It isn't sequel bait because the game explains it while still maintaining the intended mystery of what the Patriots actually are.

MGS3 didn't need a sequel. MGS2 didn't need a sequel.
>>
>>330839419
http://metagearsolid.org/reports_vr_theory_1.html
>>
>>330842582
MGS2 needed a sequel, which we see partly in MGS4.

MGS3 didnt need to be made
>>
>>330836693
If Kojima's next project is successful enough he could easily ask Sony to purchase the Metal Gear rights back.
>>
>>330842778
>MGS2 needed a sequel
And I disagree with that. I wish Kojima stuck to his guns.

>Once again I'd intended for MGS3 to wrap up the series, but so many people wanted to know what happened after "2". Things like the identity of the Patriots and so forth. I had planned on leaving those mysteries as mysteries, but people weren't convinced that the series was wrapped up.
>>
>>330843020
After all this shit, do you honestly think he has any desire to make another MGS game ever again?
>>
>>330841291
did you finish the paz storyline? its revealed paz is dead, and all the scenes with her were a hallucination, the room shes in is revealed to be unbuilt.

>>330841364
>and we got 50 of them on top of a bunch of other shit
more like 30 maybe, assuming we arent counting repeats and actual story relevant missions
>And a reason to fuck around the open world
they are one shitty way to fuck around, especially at the higher ones. walk around in an open field taking out totally armored guards, one shotting tanks, and a gunship that all you can do is blow up with a rocket. You either spend way too long on a useless little mission to fill a checklist or blow some cash on a bunch of support and weapons
>What is sally and MGS1
Sahelanthropus is a very long boring fight where you mail order either rocket launchers or tanks. It was just as bad as the AI fights from PW, even worse because it was so hyped up and the only MG fight in the game.
The fight from MGS1 is completely unimportant because Mantis in V is both a different character, seemingly more powerful, and a major plotpoint that gets dropped out of nowhere. He's not defeated, nothing is learned about him, he doesnt get a grudge or respect for big boss, its just a cocktease for more relevance and explanation for his character that ultimately adds nothing other than "he stared at Liquid a bunch"

cont..
>>
>>330842539
There really aren't any gaps left. Unless you're really anxious to know shit like who Solid Snake to his junior prom and when Sunny gets her first period.
>>
>>330843584
>Salahanthropus, also, he's a frail man, a physical fight would have been stupid
Sahel wasnt even under his control, and a boss fight for him was planned, I believe there are still sound files for it. They even give him a cool fancy gun, hype him up as your equal with the Snake Eater thing, plus hes a big major villain who just gets killed by a deus ex fallen piece of rebar.
>He's a cuck who lost his mind. Not to mention a rabid, sociopathic opportunist who may not hate BB at all
I'll give you hes a scummy traitor, but it doesnt seem to be given much more reason than him working for skull face. Plus his hate on Venom for the killing of soldiers is pretty stupid.
>yeah, apart from being a warmonger fueled by revenge and ultimately responsible for his comrades deaths in shining lights
what does he do wrong? all the missions you do are taking down major warlords and giving soldiers a home. The only people that really do bad things are Kaz and Ocelot, who are almost nonexistent in the actual game.
>okay? on BB not going evil
the point of the game was supposed to be how Big Boss went from a heroic merc leader to a villain who betrays fox and creates the nuclear equipped Metal Gears
>sure on the skull face clean up crew
That amps him up as someone on BB's level, further teasing a fight and diminishes the satisfaction of completing Snake Eater, its like revealing at the end of a game you had cheats on the whole time.
Thats a big problem because a lot of time is spent on her, and she doesnt end up affecting the rest of the story at all. She could be sniper wolf, or Chico, or something other than just a girl who likes Venom a whole lot
>Phantom of the past
But hes not, he is mentioned maybe twice and even then just glossed over. If him and Paz had kept showing up as hallucinations or something okay, but as it stands its just a major plot thread that gets dropped.

cont
>>
>>330843686
But hes not, he is mentioned maybe twice and even then just glossed over. If him and Paz had kept showing up as hallucinations or something okay, but as it stands its just a major plot thread that gets dropped.
>Did you play the game?
see earlier, did you? she helps show Venom is hallucinating but thats never used again.
>He was your best guy from PW
But he was an oppurtunity to tie up other threads, and it makes the story feel very purposeless towards the plot of the games as a whole. All it affects is MG1 and 2.
>yup, no story reason for him to stick around after the DNA test
But there was a story reason, namely a kid running around with a Metal Gear. This is why Chapter 3 would have helped alot towards naking the game a lot more satisfying.

Also:
>battle gear fucking vanishes after you build it other than in dispatch missions
>the skulls are almost totally unexplained other than "parasites"
>the AI from PW is mostly glossed over.
>the rest of the kids barely mentioned
>very little to do in Mother Base
>>
File: 1456181278376.jpg (18 KB, 507x463) Image search: [Google]
1456181278376.jpg
18 KB, 507x463
>>330843028
I wish he hadn't caved and just left the story mysterious. MGS3 would have been a fine ending to the series. We saw snake and liquid reigniting their rivalry while raiden gets ushered into the stage, and 3 gave some insight into big bosses' origins and showed how he was disillusioned by watching his "mother" get fucked over by the government he's giving his life for.

The patriots never should have been taken out of the shroud of mystery they were behind, the boss should have never been turned into a martyr.
>>
>>330836693
theyre making an mgs 6, at least its in the works. there were job openings for it on konami JP site
>>
>>330843663
Jesus christ, do you know how much of the story is still up to interpretation?

What the hell was up with Ocelot youth? One account claims he was in the USA as a NSA agent, another says he was raised by Volgin, which is it?
Why did Para Medic suddenly go insane?
Are we going to find out what EVA was doing for that several year gap between BB coma and the fall of Zanzibar?
Did Ocelot work alongside BB in Zanzibar?
We'll never see any of philanthropy?

Should I keep going?
>>
>>330844416
My point is that none of that shit fucking matters unless you're an obsessive that needs every little thing detailed in full. Those things are irrelevant to the greater story. What difference does it make? Does it keep you awake at night or something?
>>
>>330844805
This thread asked "we'll get another metal gear right?"

I said "do we need another game? people only want more for the story because it doesn't feel finished"

"hurr durr it is finished, there are no gaps besides Sunny's period"

No, there is plenty. The fact is you're wrong, and there is plenty of material to write off of. Stop being a retard. The fact that people discuss gaps in fucking MGS must trigger the shit out of you evidently.
>>
Metal Gear Solid 3 is the only MG game worth playing
>>
Whats with all the hate for MGS4? I played all of the games (except MG1+2) in the last few months and MGS4 was definitely one of my favorites while I felt that MGS3 was extremely hyped.
>>
>>330845118
>No, there is plenty.
Nothing significant. Most of your questions are pretty mundane if you ask me.
>>
>>330844805
More like there is potential for new games and gameplay with the lore, like a globe trotting Philanthropy game (V but with smaller, separate maps) or a squad based game about The Joy in WWII.

MGSV was actually going to be about her originally.
>>
>>330839878
>tfw ghost babel did race and revenge before MGSV and did it better
>>
>>330845306
And you think continuing the story from MGS4 would be significant? That would be even more pointless thanks to MGR.

How is The Patriots insignificant, when you have that entire operation of rescuing EVA we never saw? You could easily make a game out of that and tact some more information into it.

A game out of Philanthropy.

A game that follows Ocelot prior to MGS3 with bullet deflecting mechanics.

You've got plenty of options, you're just keeping your mind closed to it for some stupid ass reason, who knows.
>>
>>330844235
This was done to avoid bad PR. No more MG. They're no longer interested in making games, not even FIFA clone. They're just milking the very last they can with MGO and that's it, massive layoffs.

>>330845138
At the end of the day, this is also true. It doesn't matter. Shit picked a decade ago. Let it go.
>>
>>330845241
Upon initial release everyone was upset that most of the time we were watching cutscenes of generally cool shit instead of playing that cool shit, but when we got to actually play it was fucking glorious.
People were also mad about the story, as everything were written off as "lol nanomachines".
As time passed we all learned that it was just a love letter to the fans, and the hate simmered down among the true fans that have been there from the start.
But then PW came and ruined everything. All the legit hate is to PW now and for good reasons too.
>>
>>330845342
There isn't really a whole lot of room unless you want more inconsistencies or contrived unsatisfying plots like MGSV's. Yeah, there's "technically" room. But it's fucking fiction. You can make room out of any "lore." My point is all the major interesting stuff we already know, and then some. There aren't any big gaps to fill that should be filled.

If we're that desperate for a new Metal Gear game, why not just reboot and start over with new characters in a new story like Kojima initially suggested for the series after MGS4? i don't understand why people seem to think more prequels and interquels are the only option.
>>
>>330845138
I liked MG2, GB, and MGS2 a lot more than MGS3.
>>
>>330845597
>And you think continuing the story from MGS4 would be significant?
Nope. I don't think there's any reason to continue with this continuity at all.
>>
>>330845645
>But then PW came and ruined everything. All the legit hate is to PW now and for good reasons too.

Care to elaborate?
>>
File: Anime sucks.jpg (65 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
Anime sucks.jpg
65 KB, 500x712
MGS4 > MGSV
>>
>>330845874
Sadly for you, Konami will keep making more games as long as they own the IP
>>
>>330836693

>YFW the endings and theories we came up with were far better than any of the shit hideo came up with
>>
>>330836981
You idiot, we don't mean that's how it ends as in the "story".

We meant that's how the franchise was gonna cap off, that it was going to be the last hurrah of the franchise because Kojima was leaving. Because it's the "last one" in gamers minds, we thought it'd be one hell of a sendoff.

Instead Konami pulled bullshit like locking devs out of their offices so they couldn't work on the game.

The game is a sour note to leave the franchise off on. It didn't seal the loop from Big Boss era to Solid Snake era in any real satisfactory way. It adds extremely little to the franchise outside of muddying the story a bit, and honestly Peace Walkers real ending would have been a much better place to leave the story off at.

I wish MGSV had never come out.
>>
File: 1457852096636.jpg (36 KB, 628x599) Image search: [Google]
1457852096636.jpg
36 KB, 628x599
>>330841364
holy fuck, there are people literally defending thsi shit, how delusional are you anon?
>>
>>330846037
I don't care if they make more games. I just don't think we need more sequels/prequels/interquels. I think Kojima's original idea for Metal Gear after MGS4 was best.
>That's why this is definitely my last Metal Gear and the end of Solid Snake's story. There probably will be a Metal Gear Solid 5, but it'll more than likely have a different world, characters, and story.

Why settle for mundane bullshit that doesn't have room to go anywhere? Just keep the idea of a lone agent infiltrating and foiling world-endangering schemes.
>>
>>330845936
>Fucked with the lore hard. Weakest and stupidest story to date (saying a lot for a MGS game) Lead to MGSV into being a disappointment
>Gameplay is the worst in the series
>Does nothing original
>Literal who characters that even Kojima knew they were bad so kills them off or set them into shit futures
>Brought in cancers into the fanbase
It was the one that lead to MGS' downfall.
>>
>>330846431
>It was the one that lead to MGS' downfall.
that was literally Snake Eater
>>
>>330846264
that is some cringey shit if I ever read it
>>
File: 1414627343281.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1414627343281.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>>330836693
I have never in my life played a metal gear game. I just torrented V this week, and played a few hours.

It's fun. Anyone got a gud link so I can fill myself in on the entire lore/story of what has happened in the entire series?
>>
I just completet chapter 29, holy shit what a clusterfuck.

So how many missions do I have left (excluding the repeating missions) until I get to that awkward skullface ride ?
>>
>>330846636
Why not just play the games?
>>
File: Metal Gear Solid War Journalist.png (111 KB, 1387x617) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Solid War Journalist.png
111 KB, 1387x617
This is pretty much the only spin off MGS game we need. Something fresh to mix it up.
>>
File: 1457872459141.jpg (191 KB, 459x599) Image search: [Google]
1457872459141.jpg
191 KB, 459x599
>>330846636
>>
>>330846636
just do the main missions as fast as you can or you are going to get bored at mission 20
>>
>>330841252
You realize that the members of the Philosophers weren't in the Patriots at all right? Big Boss, Zero, Sigint, Paramedic, and Ocelot started the patriots to fulfill the Boss's last will.
>>
>>330836693
MGS5 is a tragedy.
Its like the Witcher 3 if the story just suddenly stopped after Novigrad and said NO U IS A DOPPLER.
This is almost entirely konami's fault; trying to shoe-horn in a microtrans system with FOBs and then just fucking burning their franchises to the ground.
>>
>>330846537
This, how do people not understand that was the start of his decline. His Mother/Mentor/Lover? was betrayed by his country so he decided that soldiers like him should become their own nation. Now i don't know about you but that doesn't sound like something a sane person would do, but it does sound like something a broken old wardog lashing out at a world who betrayed his Mother/Mentor/Lover? would do.
>>
>>330846946
Snake flat out said there was nothing romantic between them and seemed offended when EVA implied it.
>>
>>330837146
>Konami will just find a new, competent director to take over.

Can't wait for that pachinko machine!
>>
>>330846862
will do. my bro said it gets repetitive.
>>
>>330847076
That has nothing to do with my point or my post. Follow the conversation.
>>
I still think that NUUUUCLEAAAAR trailer was the best shit ever
>>
>>330847120
In terms of close relationships:

The Boss --> Big Boss
Student/Son
Big Boss --> The Boss
Teacher/Mother
Ocelot --> Big Boss
Love
Big Boss --> Ocelot
Some gray area
EVA ---> Big Boss
Love
Big Boss --> EVA
Some gray area

Miller doesn't make this list because he was a business partner. But I'm sure he felt bad for dumping him, he kind of had no choice with the way the world was going. Miller though Big Boss was his best friend, which kind of makes this more tragic.
>>
I thought the voice acting in this game was horrible, only reason I could even tell Miller and Ocelot apart was because Miller had some emotion in his voice
>>
>>330836693
>people still assblasted over a 'twist' that was obvious from the very first trailer.

I know, /v/ is full of retards but for fucks sake, same day first trailer came out people were already saying it wasn't the real BB.

>Game comes out isn't real BB..
>a billion theories thrown around about who it is before the game is out
>turns out to be medic which many people guessed it would be after playing GZ
>oh god how could they do this to us? my head canon where Big Boss magically lost those fucking scars and fucking horn in his head when he shows up in MGS4 cant't be real now
>>
>>330847916
Miller was the only good one
well, Huey too
>>
>>330847957
It was obvious, but I still didn't think Kojima would really do something that dumb and predictable. I figured Big Boss suddenly having a robo arm was just Kojima being dismissive about continuity as per usual. The hospital sequence made it clear that it was going to happen, though.
>>
>>330847916
Troy was a mistake.
Thankfully Ocelot's Jap voice was more entertaining with emotion to it. He actually had a few bits of funny dialog
>>
>>330836693
>implying they're not going to remake the old games
>>
>>330848301
I hope they don't.
>>
>>330848354
>I hope they don't like money

FTFY
>>
>>330848512
I don't know if it's particularly unlikely. I just don't think it's a very good idea. The games would probably be nearly unrecognizable assuming they adopted MGSV's mechanics. We already know the story. What's the point?
>>
>>330848512
Let's see how well/bad the game does now that the entire customer base is pissed at Konami, and sees anything they do with the franchise to be the act of a pariah.

It'll probably still sell in South American countries, because hue-hue's and jajajaja's are the most casual fucking fans.
>>
>>330836981
>snake..had a hard life sunny....

Fuckin kojima....God bless you snake....we will never forget the sacrifices you made in your life...
>>
>>330845342
>MGSV was actually going to be about her originally.
No it fucking wasn't. why do you people just make shit up?
It's been confirmed the first drafts of the game were explicitly about BB vs america.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.