[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a Souls game will NEVER EVER again have usable STR weapons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: dragon bone smasher.jpg (40 KB, 300x602) Image search: [Google]
dragon bone smasher.jpg
40 KB, 300x602
>a Souls game will NEVER EVER again have usable STR weapons

Why? When did DEX-fags take over game development? There was only one game where STR was equivalent to DEX in multiplayer, and and then it suddenly stopped.
>>
>>330827708
Every single weapon type is viable in PvE Souls

If you are reading this then you were thinking about PvP, you should end yourself
>>
File: 1379258713850.png (21 KB, 387x198) Image search: [Google]
1379258713850.png
21 KB, 387x198
>>330827820

>Every single weapon type is viable in PvE Souls

Which OP doesn't argue, he's talking about multiplayer.

>If you are reading this then you were thinking about PvP, you should end yourself

This "sentence" makes no fucking sense. Off yourself, kid.
>>
what the fuck are you talking about? STR builds are OP in every souls game
>>
If you're talking about slow swings making for parry bait, they always were.

If you want a giant weapon that can't be parried you're probably the same kind of person who calls pay2win fair.

just use caestus, bone fist, or sunlight sword, anon. They all have A str scaling
>>
>>330827708
The dragonbone smasher is terrible for PvP.

>>330828576
This, especially if you count Bloodborne as "Souls"
>>
File: greatclub.jpg (130 KB, 1138x820) Image search: [Google]
greatclub.jpg
130 KB, 1138x820
>>330827708
I rekted faggot with this goddamn thing in DS2 all the time

Then I added lighting for shits and giggles and it become even more unfair.
>>
Mildred, MiB and the flame bitches from the shit pile called Dark Souls 2 are best girls
>>
>>330828757
>The dragonbone smasher is terrible for PvP.

Utter nonsense. A good user is scary, as a single mistake, one hit from a purple DBS can kill you or remove second chance. It's not all slow moves; there is a fairly quick dash R1 and some hyper armor roll R1s, so you totally change it up and hit someone. It's a high-risk high-reward weapon done right.
>>
>>330827708
>dragon bone smasher

man, generations, years of people here have talked about dark souls and stuff, and they don't know about the dragon bone smasher.

before there was giant dad, there was dragon bone smasher..
>>
Why would a single player game balance itself around multiplayer gimmicks?
>>
>>330828757
>DBS is bad for PVP
what is the running r1
>>
>>330828757
>The dragonbone smasher is terrible for PvP.

i see you didn't play demon's souls
>>
File: 1446665668124.jpg (134 KB, 683x700) Image search: [Google]
1446665668124.jpg
134 KB, 683x700
Does anyone know how pyromancy works in this game, or what spells are in it besides fireball? Love me some heat, so I wanna be ready for it.
>>
>>330827708
There some usable STR weapons in both DaS and DaSII. Great Club in DaS was definitely alright, especially with it's phantom hitbox. And in DaSII the only thing I ever pvp'd with was a mastodon halberd.
UGS is super shitty for DaSII though, that is certainly true.
>>
>>330827708
Strength weapons have always been viable. The problem is that dex scrubs pick them up and immediately go "man this thing sucks!" without realizing that wielding a strength weapon is a completely different game to wielding a dex weapon. You don't swing a fucking greatsword around like a katana. The slow arcs of larger strength weapons are designed to catch people and it all comes down to baiting and punishing.

The problem with strength weapons isn't their function. They work perfectly fine. It's dexfags picking them up and trying to R1 spam with them like a fucking dumbass.
>>
Hunter's axe and pizza cutter in BB are quite good.
Of course, Dex weapons are still better for pvp.

DBS is the very best, though. I don't even like it aesthetically, but the moveset is pure fun, in pvp especially.
>>
File: 1410060575122.jpg (31 KB, 471x480) Image search: [Google]
1410060575122.jpg
31 KB, 471x480
>>330827708
What the fuck are you talking about? STR was great in both Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne
>>
>Slow
>Heavy
>Parry prone

DeS was the only souls game to have scary strength weapons.
Any other game it's a huge backstabs me sign BB excluded
>>
>>330830412
>Any other game it's a huge backstabs me sign BB excluded
are you on drugs?
>>
>>330830712
what he means to say is that you don't land backstabs in BB PvP. You can punish heavy weapons there too, but not with BS.
>>
>>330828576
str is pretty good but dex is broken as fuck
>>
>>330830412
I always used the unparryable specials or attacks with STR. You just have to play around catching others out.

Dex is like the 1% top pvp tryhard only tier. Everywhere else STR is incredibly viable, just don't spam an enemy or you'll die like a bitch.
>>
>>330827708

The best weapon in the entirety of DaS2 is a STR weapon

The Estoc.
>>
>>330831849
This and also Sanctum Mace
>>
>>330830412
>Slow
>Heavy
>Parry prone
Not in DaS, there are light, fast STR weapons like the club and the handaxe, and with slower weapons you can use kicks and dead angling to avoid getting parried.

STR weapons in DaS might not be as viable but they sure are more fun, specially for PvE.
>>
>>330828757
Bet you one-handed the weapon while hiding behind a shield
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.