[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where's the Zoids at?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: Lbsouga.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Lbsouga.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
Why is there no good Zoids games released in America?
It's a perfect series for strategy and tactics games or even a tactical third person game. I just picked up Zoids Assault for the 360.

Core game play is fine but the lack of customizability or free battle is a shame.

Digimon just got good again, will Zoids?

Is there any other good Zoids games out there that have an American release?
>>
I just want more mech games, man
>>
Zoids legacy on the GBA was actually quite good, i'd highly recommend emulating it with visual boy advance
>>
Zoids battle legends. The localization was clearly done on the cheap and the game can be a bit shoddy sometimes but it's still pretty fun anyway.
>>
File: The ass was fat.png (862 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
The ass was fat.png
862 KB, 1366x768
>>330827647
>Why is there no good Zoids games released in America?

Because the franchise itself has no future
>>
Love Zoids. Sony's new Horizon Zero Dawn game is only hype to me because it reminds me of Zoids.
>>
File: Fiona's panties.png (301 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Fiona's panties.png
301 KB, 1024x768
>>330829046
It amazes me how the cartoon, especially in its dubbed state, got away with so much lewd.
>>
>>330827647
got zoids on the gamecube this weekend at the flea for 2 bucks. woop
>>
>>330827647
Is Zoids as a franchise even alive?
>>
>>330830872
I think they're still making models.
>>
NO FUTURE NO FUTURE NO FUTURE NO FUTURE
>>
>>330830984
That's pretty cool, I'll look into purchasing one.
>>
>>330830872
I think it's dead actually. A shame really
>>
There was a game on the gamecube. I can't remember if it was good or not, but I think it looked good graphically for the time.
>>
>>330830984
>>330830872
there was a death stinger that came out in december
i wanted once but already spent too much money on panzer
>>
>>330831195
They're expensive, have tons of tiny parts, are around 4-10 inches long, and look like toys unless you spend even more money to paint them.

>>330831506
I can't justify ~150 on a model kit. I love the ligers, but they're just too much for the final product.
>>
>>330831331
there are 3 on the GC, we got number 2
the 3rd game is better than the 2nd
>>
I own legacy and I beat it on GBA.
I just wish someone would translate the first and
third saga games on GBA as well as the one
on DS
>>
File: Sweaty Manny.png (278 KB, 680x473) Image search: [Google]
Sweaty Manny.png
278 KB, 680x473
>Zoids animes were made by XEBEC who also made the anime cutscenes in the Mega Man games
>Now today they make fanservicey animes such as Kanokon, Ladies vs Butlers, and Upotte

I wonder what happened.
>>
File: ゾイド ムンベイ.jpg (141 KB, 552x750) Image search: [Google]
ゾイド ムンベイ.jpg
141 KB, 552x750
We can all agree that Chaotic Century > New Century right?
>>
>>330833673
most def!

but even chaotic century is better than
that fuzor garbage that killed the franchise
off in the west
>>
>>330833627
Even back then they were pretty fanservicy, see >>330829046
and >>330830614
>>
>>330833786
you meant new century right?
>>
File: booty butt cheeks.jpg (65 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
booty butt cheeks.jpg
65 KB, 640x360
>>330833627
Also Maken-Ki
>>
>>330834671
yeah new century with the liger zero my bad
>>
Battle Legends on the Gamecube was probably the most fun I've had with an objectively "bad" game. Graphics were meh and the gameplay was super repetitive but I still had a blast with it.
>>
>>330827830
It took my a few plays to realize that Legacy was an abridged version of the anime's plot. It some how combined the best parts of Chaotic Century and New Century to make things interesting. Still mad I couldn't Zeru couldn't team up with Vaan to fight Raven/GenoSaurer, or Protizen. Even madder that bitch Sting keeps freezing my Zoids with is gas.
>>
File: Wayne - I Was Not Aware Of That.png (551 KB, 522x692) Image search: [Google]
Wayne - I Was Not Aware Of That.png
551 KB, 522x692
>>330834793
>XEBEC also did Maken-Ki

Damn must watch. XEBEC does make fine designs for female characters.
>>
>>330831631
Kotobukiya doesn't have as much dosh to burn as Bandai, so their models will always be more expensive. On the upside, the HMM Zoids are fucking nice.

The MSS series is a cheaper series that's pretty nice, though. They basically took the old models and articulated them, so they're no longer motorized bricks.
>>
>>330833802
Although Zoids was more serious and focused more on the story, characters, and fights instead of fanservice like Kanokon for example.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.