[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: DS2-title.jpg (2 MB, 1488x1052) Image search: [Google]
DS2-title.jpg
2 MB, 1488x1052
>enemies have huge as fuck aggro range
>enemies aggro if enemies around them are injured
>enemies will chase you to the ends of the earth
>there is an enemy nearly every step you take
>every area is extremely small but filled to the brim with enemies
>your only choice is to lure each one out slowly and deal with them one by one
>opening chests, doors, and fog gates have no iframes
>enemies basically have infinite stamina which makes it hard to outrun them

This all means you can't rush a lot of bosses or anything because enemies will fuck you over. I just want to fight the fucking horse boss, but I have to deal with a good eight or so of those grim reaper enemies, each having to slowly lure them out or they aggro each other. They chase me all the way from the bonfire which means I can't enter the boss fog gate or they'll hit me out of it.

Doing so ends up going through some of my flasks at worst or just a shit ton of time at best. I just want to fight the boss and try to beat it. Shit like this is so discouraging it makes me not even want to bother.

Did I fuck up getting Scholar of the First Sin? Everything I've heard and seen makes it seem like it is actually worse than regular DaS2. These games were not designed for musou amounts of enemies. I'm not against having flasks have shit tons of startup animation or no invincibility when entering fog gates, but in combination with the sheer amount of enemies it is beyond tedious.
>>
There's a shitton of retarded ganks in both versions. They aren't that different.
>>
>>330827303
Both games can be hard, but DS1 is less annoying and more balanced imo
>>
>>330827634
Das1 is just easier. It has all the ganks and shit that das2 does.
>>
>>330827141
You CAN rush past them if you jump to the platform to the right of the bridge. They'll go back since they can't reach you.
>>
File: Dr. Zaius.gif (877 KB, 345x270) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Zaius.gif
877 KB, 345x270
>>330827141

Dude, just open the shortcut in the caves and you can just run past all the skellingtons right to the boss.
>>
>>330827723
>It has all the ganks and shit that das2 does
Nah
The level design in DS2 sucks and enemy positioning is also pretty fucking retarded
>>
>>330827723
DS1, DeS and BB are balanced in such a way group combat ain't a pain in the ass.
Individual DS1 enemies are much stronger than individual DS2 enemies. They can't be even fucking compared. DS2 tries to compensate it with throwing waves of cheap enemies on you and hoping you will drown in them.

Sure, you can kite them but it only adds more tedium to an already boring as shit game.
>>
>>330827141
I don't get why you guys have so much trouble fighting groups. It's as simple as only attacking them when they swing at you. Usually if they're bunched together they'll swing at the same time.
>>
>>330827634
>>330827723
When I said versions I meant the versions of DaS2. DaS2 is the only Souls game I haven't played so I picked up Scholar of the Lost Sin or whatever it is called to give it a try.

So far it feels like most of its flaws are strictly just because there are way too many fucking enemies. It's a shame because I really like most of the gameplay changes made in comparison to DaS1.

>>330827932
Thanks I'll give that a try.

>>330827987
Are we talking about the same boss? I beat the Skeletal Lord I am talking about whatever the name of the horse chariot rider is. Reminds me of the Devil May Cry 3 boss a lot.

>>330828084
So far I've really liked the level design it's just the enemy placement that is awful. Like why the fuck did they decide to replace the knight with a dragon in Heide? It comes out of nowhere and is completely unneeded.

And that pirate area (I think it is called No Man's Warf) is easily my most hated Souls area ever, but that's probably in huge part because I was an idiot and thought Heide and No Man's Warf were the beginning of the game. I didn't do the forest of the giants until after I beat Lost Sinner.

That being said the power creep feels really shitty in this game. Even after beating Lost Sinner and the last giant and pursuer I still have a hard time dealing with the onslaught of knights rushing me the second I spawn in Heide, for example. I barely feel stronger than I was at level one.
>>
>>330828409
I should note that I still hate fighting groups because it can be tedious, but it's still not really difficult.
>>
>enemies will chase you to the ends of the earth
This is wrong...I've abused the aggro range so many times a good example is double pursuer in the Throne room to get the ring
>>
>>330828545
That's why everyone hates it though. They aren't complaining because it is unwinnable. They are complaining because it is extremely tedious and boring, which is everything you don't want a video game to be.

The other Souls games did a much better job of being just challenging and patience rewarding enough that it made you want to keep playing. DaS 2 makes you just want to play BB or DaS1
>>
File: Executioner's_Chariot_Turn.png (830 KB, 739x499) Image search: [Google]
Executioner's_Chariot_Turn.png
830 KB, 739x499
>>330828417

>the fucking horse boss

I assumed you meant the Executioner's Chariot since it's, you know, a giant horse.
>>
>>330828868
Yeah I'm talking about this boss. The time it takes for me to get to him makes me not even want to bother trying, but I'll test out what that anon said about jumping to the side platform.
>>
>>330828765
Every time i fought against groups in BB it was just a lot of fun. You're fast, you can stun enemies by rolling into them yet there's still a possibility of fucking up and dying. But it doesn't feel tedious, every weapon has a mode that favors a group combat. DS2 doesn't have it on top of being slow and clunky as shit.
>>
do we seriously need to have this thread every 2 hours?
>>
>>330829008
BB was clearly designed with this in mind, which is why it works so well. You can dodge really seemlessly and in general stamina consumption is lower (it's fuck huge in DaS2) so you can fight longer and dodge more.

Plus you can tell weapons were designed with very specific uses for each move. It allows you to tackle every situation with any weapon you want. Fighting groups in BB is actually fun and really exciting.

BB is just a really good game. I can't decide if my favorite Souls game is DeS or BB. It's hard to go to DaS2 from BB since the weapons are so boring in comparison. They designed every weapon in BB to be enjoyable and unique (for the most part). People complain about the lack of weapons in BB, but I'll take that small amount if it means the quality is that much higher. I can live without Curved Sword, Curved Sword with a slightly different moveset, Curved Sword with the same moveset but slower and stronger, etc..
>>
File: shhhhh.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
shhhhh.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>330828951

Actually yeah, that's exactly what you want to do, just make sure you don't fall off dat bridge :)
>>
I'm pretty sure nearly every weapon in 2 had some kind of sweeping attack that's useful for groups.
>>
>>330827932
Thanks anon it works. This boss seems awful though, but I'll figure him out eventually.

Any tips for dealing with the dragon at Heide? I'm only soul level 60 or so.
>>
>>330829504
Stay by his feet, it'll mostly try to stomp you like an idiot. If that doesn't work, you could always skip it. Keep in mind though that there's a dragon that's mandatory to fight the Old Dragonslayer.
>>
>>330829504
By the way, if the Chariot guy is giving you a hard time, you can just shoot em with arrows as they pass by. When they get to a certain point they'll be hanging off the ledge and you can finish it there.
>>
>>330829737
That's the one I'm referring to I believe. I think in the original version it was just a knight and once you beat him you can drop the bridge.

I've always hated dragons in Souls games. It was nice that the only thing like it BB had was the amygadalan shooting the power lasers.
>>
>>330829928
I'm using magic to see how it is. I like the magic system in DaS2 it seems to be a good balance between DeS and DaS.

That being said whenever I fire anything it shoots my hitbox forward enough that the chariot's spike hits me. Do you just wait for it to pass and then fire at its back?

As a random side note that red blood effect for every boss cutscene is completely awful.
>>
>>330830036
If you have the binoculars, you can use it to aim your spell as he runs down and quickly get back to safety.
>>
>>330831029
Oh neat I'll try that out. I'll start using that all the time that's fucking amazing.
>>
>>330827141
Fuck Dragon Shrine. I've done 2 dragon boss attempts in the last 2 hours because when I manage to clear the trash up to the mist, get fucking invaded by Elite-Hardcore PvPers and decimated. I was at the mist about to enter when I was invaded and killed. Rage quit and might uninstall. Whats the point.
>>
>>330827141
sprint past all of the torturers and when you reach the end of the bridge before the boss fog gate there will be a ledge to the right with a fire seed on it. jump to this ledge and all the torturers will be unable to reach you. they will tether back towards their spawn and die falling of the bridge.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations on an int weapon? Nothing has come close to the Phosphorescent Pole from Demon's Souls to me in terms of enjoyment for an int build. The Moonlight Butterfly Horn was pretty sweet too.

Right now I've got 20 STR, 18 DEX, and 28 INT as I had intended to get the Moonlight Sword. It feels so far away though (I'm assuming) and I would like something in the mean time.

I've been using the Falchion and just buffing it. Reminds me of early magic build runs in DeS with the usefulness of a basic Falchion. I haven't upgraded it at all as I'm afraid to upgrade anything.

I wanted to do a no looking things up + offline run which I usually do my first time through in each game, but DaS2 just feels like too much cryptic bullshit and I've been slightly looking up things here and there.

Just from what I've seen online the Dragon Twinblades seem like they might be fun. I don't want to use a shield (I played too much BB now I can't go back to using shields) and want to have a good mix between magic and close range.

So far I've just kept my weapon permanently buffed and one hand it while firing soul arrows and attacking. It's been fun but I need a more damaging weapon.

Did I completely fuck over my stats?
>>
>>330831281
run past all that shit
play offline
that boss isnt well designed or even fun. just skip it
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.