[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We know what went wrong, but what went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg (34 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg
34 KB, 238x293
We know what went wrong, but what went right?
>>
metacritic
>>
>>330823559
Nothing.
>>
The shooting is alright compared to the other F/TPS iterations of Fallout.
>>
>>330823559
The shooting and general animations are slightly less shit.

That's actually all I can think of, not even memeing.
>>
It not made in Gamebryo.
>>
Cait-chan
>>
>>330823559
It's better than new Vegas?
>>
>>330824267
>creation engine
>not gamebryo
>>
>>330825393
thats like saying Dunia Engine is Cryengine, do you even engine, faggot ?
>>
>>330824704
You're pretty funny
>>
>>330823559
The weapon upgrades were fun for a short time.

And I can't think of anything else. Didn't hate the game, but now that I am considering this question it is really hard to come up with anything.
>>
>>330823559
Not next gen fallout 1/2/new vegas, so it sucked
>>
>>330825521
dunia is literally cry2 with minor adjustments for console
>>
>>330823559
the combat was less gay than the other fallout games.
I almost never used vats
>>
>>330826350
So why don't you go scream at ubisoft why rename their engines to dunia.
>>
File: Ivanka-Trump-1.jpg (269 KB, 1085x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ivanka-Trump-1.jpg
269 KB, 1085x1600
>>330823559
The only thing wrong with it is how shitty the optimization is on PC.

Otherwise its okay.
>>
>>330826425
But that's what made the series so special
>>
>>330826651
>have shitty laptop that can barely run fallout
>read on the internet I should turn down tesselation
>turn it down
>smooth 60 fps
>no noticable difference in graphics
>>
>>330826651
nvidiort spotted.
>>
nothing. even reddit says the game is boring
>>
>>330823559

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THYbNAmlwP0

This is about the only thing in the game I genuinely enjoyed beyond Curie.
>>
>>330828613
>going to reddit

Cancerfag, i bet you try and then buy games based on metascores.
>>
It isn't that bad, I'd say it's still on the upper end of the clusterfuck that is modern AAA games, but disappointing. I got my monies worth, but it wasn't a very memorable experience. As others have said, the shooting was pretty good, especially compared to the other Fallout fps games. Enemy AI wasn't half bad when it wasn't glitching out, and enemies are well-varied. The Glowing Sea was pretty incredible and the best area in the game, shame that it's practically devoid of content and shoved into the corner of the map to be forgotten. Crafting, weapons, and loot system were pretty good outside of the retarded armor and clothing design. The companions are great compared to Bethsoft embarrassing earlier attempts, better than even NV in my opinion; it's impossible to hate Curie. A few of the side quests show promise, but look like they were cut back. I actually like the Brotherhood in this one, compared to 3.

It's a shame, whoever thought it would be okay to make radiant quests, probably the worst idea from Skyrim, take up half the game should be fired. They obviously tried to make their main quest "more" and better than their earlier games, but ended up with a tangled mess with terrible pacing that is becoming a Bethesda trademark (they really need better writers next time). The settlement system is boring and broken, probably used up a lot of resources and time, and contributes absolutely fuck all to the core game. Areas outside of the glowing sea are boring and samey. The new factions, again could of been amazing, but ended up boring and non-memorable (seriously, how the FUCK do you manage to make a faction called the MINUTEMEN, so fucking boring?!) Tie it all up with an archaic engine, and bugs galore... So much potential, and Bethesda fucks it up...
>>
>>330826065
Don't lump Fallout 1/2 with New Vegas.
>>
File: 1457999573690.jpg (3 MB, 5432x4664) Image search: [Google]
1457999573690.jpg
3 MB, 5432x4664
Guy leaked on /vg/ on the new dlc

>no eyebot companions
>>
I do like the graphical improvements they made, even with the shitty goddawful engine. Lighting is breddy gud. Shooting feels a lot better than it did in 3. The new radio songs they added are top notch.

Every criticism you've seen from /v/ is 100% accurate though
>>
>>330831071
>4 companions better than nv
>crafting and anmo system good
>>
I honestly can't think of a single thing I liked about fallout 4 except that it felt like there was more stuff to explore. Though with this thought in mind everything felt way more crammed together.

Overall I can say that I won't be replaying it any time soon. It's just too samey as everything they've made since Oblivion. They really seem afraid of making fun games.
>>
>>330829659
>metascores are inherently bad
i know its pretty shit, but its still hard to tell if you'll like a game or not, meta atleast puts a number on it and its better than steam reviews
>>
>>330823559
well, i think the combat was better than fallout 3 but that's about it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.