[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never played Dissidia but just finished FFX Why is this guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: Jecht_render.png (87 KB, 200x345) Image search: [Google]
Jecht_render.png
87 KB, 200x345
I never played Dissidia but just finished FFX

Why is this guy in the villain side of Dissidia? He's just an asshole but not the villain
>>
Who is and isn't the villain is dependent on the author, not the reader.

You're not wrong if you identify with a villain, but it doesn't change the character's status.
>>
>>330815137
Not all of the guys in Chaos are evil, hell in Duodecim which is a prologue, Cloud and Tidus were in Chaos and Jecht was in Cosmos
>>
>>330815509
I really liked that touch.

Terra in Chaos because she's still being influenced by Kefka

Tidus being Chaos because he's angsty about his dad

Not sure why Cloud was Chaos though or why Kuja was Cosmos.
>>
Chaos and Cosmos just choose strong warriors, regardless of alignment. The directorial reason is that they wanted characters that also had personal connections, not just each games' final boss. Its also why they used Golbez instead of Zemus.
>>
>>330815817
Probably because of Sephiroth's influence or connection with Cloud and having manipulated him before.
>>
File: 2964863.jpg (149 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
2964863.jpg
149 KB, 525x700
Jecht was the antagonist in FFX, even if unwillingly. And he was the final boss.
>>
>>330816136
>>330815876
Why not Seymour?
>>
>>330816489

Because Seymour just kinda turns into the recurring miniboss who shows up to annoy you after he dies for the first time.
>>
>>330816136
Technically Yu Yevon was
>>
>>330816847

Yu Yevon was a cutscene.
>>
>>330816136
>>330816847
>>330816982
Yevon WAS the final boss.

Just because you can't fail the battle doesn't make it any less of a final boss fight.
>>
>>330816562
>meeting Seymour inside sin

I expected Tidus to yell "what do you want now" like he did to the ronso
>>
FFX kind of suffers from villain bloat.

You have SIN which is the main threat of the story, Yu Yevon who created and controls SIN, Jecht who was turned into SIN's shell, Yunalesca who keeps up the cycle of senseless sacrifices and Seymour who wants to use SIN to kill everyone.

At least in FFVII you mainly just had Sephiroth, Hojo and Rufus to worry about.
>>
If Jecht is the villain, Braska is too
>>
>>330818116
Having the final battle be a suiciding skulltulla didn't help

Same with fucking Seymour showing up again inside Sin, how did he even get there
>>
>>330818116
Add "Every single Yevon cleric" after Yuna "kills" Seymour

Fucking Dark Aeons
>>
>>330818116
>there should only be one person as an enemy, and his motives should be completely clear and easy to dislike so you can hate him properly
gentlemen, a retard. I'm not saying games should go full Malazan when it comes to number of main characters and villains, but there should be some level of disparity and quantity, with the quality of backstory to complement it. One villain and a couple of his henchmen does not make a good game, it makes a dumbed down, simplistic piece of shit that only those with ADD can enjoy.
>>
FFX had lots of tiny problems

Why do you get a game over if no one truly dies without being sent?

Why wasn't Auron sent with the hundreds of other people after Operation Mi'hen?
>>
>>330818695

Yu Yevon and Yunalesca could be merged into one character.

Seymour is essentially unneeded in the plot and could have his role split up into some sort of maester council that does the mastermind's bidding without a need to feature prominently in the heroes' journey.
>>
>>330819162
I like Seymour as a character

I don't think he needed three fights, though

Make one where they kill him and the party discovers later on he can't die and second, iconic one, not him showing up in a mountain in a mecha wielding two giant swords
>>
>>330815137
>>330815137
>Why is this guy in the villain side of Dissidia?

Too manly to be on the side of Cosmos.
>>
>>330818849
>Why do you get a game over if no one truly dies without being sent?
Most of the characters aren't attached enough to stay as an Unsent
>Why wasn't Auron sent with the hundreds of other people after Operation Mi'hen?
He was standing far away. You can see him in pain when Yuna was sending someone else (Seymour I think) and he refuses to go in the farplane.
>>
My only problem with Jecht is how badly placed his fight is

>fight him with no grinding at all
>his sword swing kills Lulu, Yuna and Rikku with one swing and it's generally an awfully hard fight

>fight him after doing a bit of sidequesting
>Yuna with her celestial weapon and Anima murders him
>>
>>330818368
It made sense thematically. They outright explained earlier that Yevon had dwindled down to being nothing more than a hollow spirit incapable of doing anything but endlessly replicating the grand summoning.

Which also makes his extremely simple pattern in battle amusing in a story sense.
>>
File: 1315096707740.jpg (31 KB, 225x272) Image search: [Google]
1315096707740.jpg
31 KB, 225x272
>>330820297
>tfw X is just another one of those games where it was the most fun when you were charging at it blind and stupid and unprepared.
>now you can breeze through them like it's nothing
>intentionally handicapping yourself just never feels the same.
>>
>>330820297
I couldn't beat him without grinding and the fucking dark aeons were guarding the temples I missed for Anima

I thought I would have to grind it out but getting the 99 Stamina Tonics from the arena saved me, made everyone +30% HP and Stoneward armors and used Rikku to double everyone's HP, it was way easier that way
>>
>>330820752
>I couldn't beat him without grinding and the fucking dark aeons were guarding the temples I missed for Anima
At least you had hope. I missed one chest in Bevelle, the one temple you can never go back to.
>>
>>330821705
That chest is required for progress so no, you couldn't have missed it. It's impossible.
>>
Dark Aeons were terrible game design.
>>
>>330822243
Dark Aeons weren't bad

Dark aeons at the door of old towns you might wanna revisit that are possibly stronger than the final boss, though...
>>
>>330822750

Yojimbo pretty much exists to make 100% completion without a guide not impossible.
>>
>>330822243
>Valefor dies to one Attack Reel
>Ixion/Ifrit/Shiva die to two
>no challenge and can even be cheesed with auto-phoenix
>Yojimbo has infinity evasion and you have to fight him 4 times
>just a struggle of MP for double casting flare and not running out of Aeons for Zanmato
>Bahamut has insane evasion and counters every 5 hits with a move that hits everyone, inflicts slow, fullbreak (bypasses ribbon), and petrify
I'm not even trying the rest at this point. I even max offensive stats and 99,999HP after a stamina tonic and its still just painful to do.
>>
>>330822851
How does he even work?

Do I just throw all my money at him and hope for Zanmato?

I'm stuck outside of Besaid, I want the Crest from Auron and chest for Anima
>>
>>330818368
Sin absorbs dead people and uses their pyreflies to add to the armor. Sin is essentially a pile of corpses surrounding Yu Yevon. Seymour's adjusted his plan to get absorbed and then try and hijack Sin from the inside.
>>
>>330822975
What are you missing?

Sisters, Nemesis and Penance?
>>
>>330823293
Its really complicated. Basically make him happy and answer the right questions when you fist get him.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/197344-final-fantasy-x/faqs/18486
>>
>>330823597
Sisters Anima and Penance. I already got the RNG that was Nemesis.
>>
>>330815137
I'm pretty sure they wanted more Chaos characters who weren't spell casting queers. Golbez and Garland are great and all but a lot of the antagonists are kinda novelty characters.
>>
>>330816489
Because Seymour is an irrelevant twit. The dead old fart controlling the church was more of a villain than he was.
>>
>>330823610
I'll give it a shot

He's my only hope besides grinding 12 hours of Blitzball for Attack Reels

I don't ever know if I can get them considering most of the world is blocked by the aeons and I can't recruit players
>>
>>330815137
Jecht was chosen for Chaos instead of Seymour because they wanted to put in Tidus. Jecht has more relation to Tidus, while Seymour is more like Yuna's foil
>>
>>330823709
For some weird reason, it didn't matter what I did or how much I paid, Yojimbo, in all of my playthroughs, would Zanmato the Sisters as soon as I paid him
>>
>>330823972
>grinding 12 hours of Blitzball for Attack Reels
It can show up as a prize (50% chance iirc) without playing a single game. Just do the first 2/3 rounds of a tournament, save, play the finals, and reload if it doesnt show up as the next tournament prize
>>
>>330824183
I consider Zanmato cheating, like vanish/death in 6. Yes you can win that way but it has zero gratification.
>>
because for the 12th cycle he traded places with tidus to save his life when he tried to block a fatal attack aimed at yuna from emperor mateus
tidus was on chaos's side simply to try and get a fight from jecht who called his son retarded for being brainwashed so easily for a such a stupid reason, after above happened jecht became an empty vessel so he got ported to chaos and chaos filled him with, well chaos
>>
>>330818695
Nice strawman
>>
>>330824914
It's not a strawman if you just tack the insult on at the end and the remainder of the argument is solid, faggot.
>>
>>330824442
I'm using it to clear the "normal" dark aeons

I'll still have to beat dark yojimbo, Bahamut, sisters, anima, Omega weapon, Nemesis and Penance
>>
>>330823972
Did anyone ever actually get to end game lvl 99 blitzball?
>spend tons of time signing the best possible end game squad
>grind up to the part where everyone learns tackle slip
>I don't think this semen slurping sport is for me
>>
>>330825112
>doesn't understand what a strawman is
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.