[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this a good controller? Looks weird and unhandy as fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Sega-Dreamcast-Cont-n-VMU.jpg (2 MB, 3100x2400) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Dreamcast-Cont-n-VMU.jpg
2 MB, 3100x2400
Was this a good controller? Looks weird and unhandy as fuck
>>
It wasn't terrible. And the memory card being a little handheld was the coolest shit, wish they'd done more with it and by that I mean that the Dreamcast had a better lifespan and more good games.
>>
>>330810927
No, it's actually the worst controller I've ever had the misfortune of having to use. The stick was slippery, the D-Pad hurt your thumb, the position of everything made it pretty uncomfortable, the cable was always in the fucking way and it had too few buttons.
>>
I liked the Dreamcast controller, it was more ergonomic than the PS1 controller. When I switched from SNES to PS1, I went a few weeks with my palms being slightly sore from the new hand position, but never got that from the DC, and the DC had a great rumble pack that actually shook instead of vibrating like a phone the way current gen pussy controllers do.
>>
fuck no

The D pad is terrible, the stick is loose as fuck, the start button is all the way at the bottom meaning you have to take one of your hands off the resting position on the controller just to press it, and the cord comes out the bottom giving you far less extension from the console

not to mention the blunt edges at the top above the shoulder triggers
>>
>>330810927
The Dreamcast Controller is a downgrade from the Saturn 3D Controller in every possible regard. The Saturn 3D is the single best retro controller to ever exist.

Google it if you've never seen it. It's heavenly to use.
>>
>>330811302
>and it had too few buttons
>no SELECT L1 R1 equivalent
This always bothered me
>>
>>330811627
I seriously don't know how could they fuck it up so badly given how good the Saturn one was.
>>
>>330810927
As much as I hated the controller for being awkward as hell, VMUs were the greatest memory cards ever.
>>
>>330811790
The whole DC controller is pants on head retarded

>Worst D-Pad in any first party controller
>Made by the same guys who made the Mega Drive and Saturn D-Pad, which are arguably the best D-Pads

>One single thumbstick
>When the late PS1 controllers already had support for the DualShock1 and the PS2 was coming out with the DS2 and dual thumbsticks
>And those were clickable, too

>No select button, even though Nintendo had it since the SNES and the PS1 had it from the start

>4 Buttons
>When the Saturn had 6
>The PS had 4 too but they always had 2 extra shoulder triggers to make up for it

>Cord on the bottom
>Nobody asked for this

The only good thing about it was the VMU, and even then it was as gimmicky as the WiiU pad is today. And were really impractical because they ate batteries faster than a Game Gear.

I never played on a DC controller myself so I can't comment on the quality, but people say that it feels cheaper and has worst trigger/buttons than the Saturn 3D Controller.
>>
File: 1359547-002.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1359547-002.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
It was great for racing games because how responsive the analog triggers were for gas/brake.
>>
>>330810927
terrible controller
pain and muscle cramps if you play for more than 15 minutes with it. Made all the rpgs on the system tough to play. Hell, even sonic adventure was tough to play if you wanted to marathon it.
>>
>people shitting on the D-pad
Dualshock's segmented D-pad, Gamecube's microscopic D-pad, and 360's D-pad are leagues worse than Dreamcast's.
>>
>>330812550
None of those physically hurt you, so no.
>>
>>330812550

even if they are worse(which theyre not), being the best doesnt stop it from being a piece of shit
>>
File: 1444494119360.png (41 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
1444494119360.png
41 KB, 480x320
>>330812381
It is almost like they made the controller knowing that the lifespan of the Dreamcast was going to be short, so they didn't bother to put any thinking into it
>>
>>330812646
I never felt pain while using a DC pad. Maybe you should quit being a pansy?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.